Two: There’s No Such Thing As Falling In Love

The Very Last First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2009

 

SM Entertainment

 

 

“So Nyuh Shi Dae is at the level considered to be the nation’s top girl group. We’ve thought about this a lot and we all agreed that it’s time for you to shine on your own.”

 

I nodded in agreement like I always do. I was exhausted from the back-to-back schedules. Like what Hyoyeon unnie said, it’s Event Generation. I just wanted to go back to the dorm and get my well-deserved rest.

 

They’re probably going to add a solo activity  in my already hectic schedule. Most of the time, it’s just an OST gig or a collaboration with a fellow singer. Or a guesting in some variety show with one of my unnies. Or a cameo in Yoona unnie’s drama. Perhaps a musical? Nah. Too early for that I think. I don’t have the ticketing power yet (even if I’m an SNSD member) to be cast in a production such as that.

 

“That’s why we accepted MBC’s offer for you to join the second season of We Got Married!!!” they exclaimed excitedly.

 

At the mention of WGM, my senses came alive and all thoughts about sleep were thrown out the window. WGM? As in We Got Married? That variety program that sets up strangers to act like ‘husband-and-wife?’ Me?!

 

“N-ne?” I asked, my voice obviously filled with disbelief and shock. They nodded and gave off this look that translated to, “Duh. Who else?”

 

“W…G….M….? Me? Ah! Which of my unnies would be married this time? Taeyeon unnie again? Or is it Sooyoung unnie? I’ll be a fixed guest in their episodes, right? That’s what you meant isn’t it? Ah! I get it now. I’ll be a part of the studio panel right? Along with 2AM?

 

Omo. For a while there, I almost had a heart attack, hwejangnim.” I laughed off awkwardly. I was the only one in the room who thought of this alternative, unfortunately.

 

I looked at their faces one by one and I knew that my worst nightmare has made its way to reality.

 

“But…I just…I just graduated high school…” I stammered. I was graduating early next year and they want me to join some fake marriage show?

 

“You’re turning 20.” He informed me.

 

“I’m still 18/19 by international age, sajangnim.” I reminded him.

 

“You need to shine on your own.” He insisted.

 

“I’m ok with where I am right now.” I confessed.

 

“You’re ok with it, but we aren’t. SNSD is at the height of fame. You need to take advantage of this to show a new side to yourself. You need to gain more fans. Didn’t you say you wanted to do musicals and dramas like your unnies? WGM is the best way for you to get your name out there.” they all reasoned out. 

 

“But I’m going to be alone…with a boy!” I almost cried. Or be ‘married’ to an ahjussi like Taeyeon unnie was when she got on this show. I remember how excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter