Sixteen: Finale

The Very Last First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

September 2016

 

Sangdodong, South Korea

 

 

I woke up with the sunlight streaming from the windows. I blinked several times, willing myself to go back to sleep. Once my eyes were shut, everything that happened last night flooded my thoughts. I could feel myself smiling until I had to forcefully bite the pillows to prevent myself from squealing and giggling.

 

I could remember everything so clearly. There’s a vivid picture imprinted in my memory, like a movie shot in the highest definition. I’m still biting on the pillow but I know that my face is probably flushed from recalling all that has happened. Am I really married? Is this true? I felt someone stir from my left side and that’s when I opened one eye to take a peek at the sleeping figure beside me.

 

I carefully readjusted my position so I could stare at my husband comfortably. I was holding on tightly to the blanket, biting my inner cheek, as I indulged myself just looking at him. He sleeps with his mouth open, and his disheveled bedroom hair makes the ensemble so y. I had to stop myself from giggling otherwise it will be uncontrollable.

 

Aigoo. Is it normal to fangirl over your handsome, gorgeous, adorable, nampyeon every morning since you got married? I looked at the ceiling (momentary diversion is badly needed) and could feel the grin extend to my ears. If your husband is Jung Yonghwa, then the answer is yes. for all of you though, because he’s already married to me and there’s no way in goguma heaven or burger hell would I ever hand him over to you.

 

I felt his slight movement and I instinctively froze. I felt him pull me closer as he nuzzled his face on my neck and mumbled incoherent words. This annoying cheek-bursting grin (annoying because smiling too much hurts; try doing that for five minutes straight and you’ll understand why) stretched even wider that I swear I could almost feel my muscles give up. Okay fine. That was quite an exaggeration. Ah jinjja. I think this honeymoon phase will never end. It’s not every day a fangirl gets married to her beloved idol oppa.

 

I could feel his steady breathing and I knew once again that he has fallen into a deep sleep. I laughed inwardly and shook my head as I recalled all those things we did last night. I let my eyes do a quick ocular inspection. Tumbled books, scattered pieces of clothing, his guitar (the one he’s so overprotective with because it costs a fortune) discarded in one area, contents of my purse sprawled across the floor, the knocked out lamp and coat holder, and most of all, the fact that the two of us are wearing nothing underneath the sheets. I could feel myself blush and just as I tried to fan my face, my phone started ringing.

 

I reached over to the bedside table and turned the phone off. I thought I’ve gotten rid of such nuisance when Yong oppa’s phone started ringing. Once again, I reached for it and was about to click the “reject” button but accidentally pressed the “answer” option when I felt someone kissing my neck, whispering words like “I love you” and “saranghae” and “good morning my beautiful buin.” So early in the morning and he’s melting me already.

 

“FINALLY! DON’T YOU DARE HANG UP ON ME JUNG YONGHWA OR SEO JOOHYUN OR WHOEVER IT IS BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU CONSCIOUS ENOUGH TO ANSWER THIS CALL!” the voice on the other end threatened. I smiled and knew that it was Sica unnie.


“Hello, unnie. Good morning to you too.” I . I could hear the rest of them laughing and I knew that I was on speaker mode.

 

“And good morning to all those eavesdropping on this phone call too!” I chirped.

 

“If you still consider 1:23pm as “morning” then you better get yourself checked because that’s a seriously distorted circadian rhythm you got there, Mrs. Jung.” I heard Fany unnie laugh.

 

“Fany-ah, the only “rhythm” maknae is aware of is the one she creates with Yong seobang.” Sunny unnnie giggled, much to my mortification. 

 

“I doubt she even gets track of morning and evening when Yong seobang keeps her locked up in their bedroom doing…” Yoona unnie wasn’t finished speaking when Taeyeon unnie covered .

 

“YAH! The boys can hear you!” she warned.

 

“Boys?! Excuse me, Kim Taeyeon-sshi but we’re all grown men here. Maybe you’re referring to him?” Jonghyun oppa answered as I could picture him pointing towards Baekhyun.


“I’m not a boy!” Baekhyun cried defensively.

 

“Cut it off before we lose track of the real conversation.” Yuri unnie reminded. “So, how’s married life Hyunnie? Yong seobang must be daebak. It’s so unlike you to show up late during our rehearsals. Try to do it perhaps early in the evening or maybe late in the afternoon so you’d still have some time to sleep.” she laughed.

 

Can my unnies please just shut up? It’s okay if we’re having a girl talk but they’re probably with their namja chingus and my CN in-laws!!! I couldn’t find the moment to sneak in because they always cut me off and continue on with their babbling.

 

“I seriously think they forgot that there are other parts of their house aside from the bedroom.” Sooyoung unnie joined.

 

“Ssssssh!! Don’t give them any more ideas!” Hyoyeon unnie joked.

 

“You know what, you can have this conversation without me. I’m going back to sleep.” I said jokingly, which was then met with protests.

 

They kept saying a lot of things and I could just mumble some response. By this time, Yong oppa was wide awake and he had this mischievous grin plastered on his face. Oh no. I know that look and it’s not one I’m particularly pleased to see in a situation like this. I glared at him and tried to tell him not to do anything. I’m married to a choding so my threats were useless. I could feel his hands start roaming around my body, kissing me senselessly until I had to bite back the urge to moan.

 

“So as we were saying…”

 

“I think you should also bring…”

 

“Don’t forget to visit this place…”

 

“I hear it’s amazing to go to….”

 

“You should try the best seller lists on this restaurant…”

 

“Wow. I hear the sunset and sunrise is gorgeous in this part of the city…maybe you should go there at this time…”

 

“Try to buy souvenirs from this shop along the street…”

 

“Maybe you could update us if what we’ve read about this place looking like a paradise is true…”

 

“Will you bring the yellow bikini or the pink one?”

 

“I think she should bring all of it. It’ll drive Yong seobang insane!”

 

“I know right? Imagine him trying to cover her up whenever they go to the beach!”

 

“It’s the same thing for hyungsoonim. She’s probably going to bring a jacket or towel when hyung would attempt to have his revenge by walking around shirtless in a beach…”

 

“Why are we talking about this?”

 

I couldn’t really process what the others are telling me. How can I, when this husband of mine keeps doing things that are you know…Rated PG? Or perhaps more than that. Aish! I tried to push him away and told him we could continue this AFTER the phone call, but he wouldn’t give in and still had his way.

 

His hands and lips were all over me and oh my gosh, I need help. Help me. I’m trying my best to suppress these feelings but it’s proving to be such an impossible task. He knows exactly where and when and damn it! Ottoke? I hate this stupid phone! Next time, I’ll keep all gadgets locked up so I don’t find myself in a compromising (don’t ask) position such as the one I’m in right now.

 

“Ugghhh…Unnies…I…ahhh…uhmmm…I feel so tired and sleepy. Can we talk later? I’ll…uhhh…call you…ahhhh… back.” I struggled to get the words out loud.

 

“ANDWAEEEE!!!! GET UP now if you don’t want to be late for your flight!!!” they chorused.

 

I was going to say something when Yong oppa just had to choose this moment to do that. Whatever that is, I beg of you, please, please don’t ask. I momentarily forgot about everything as I felt myself drowning in his touch. I closed my eyes and let the feeling consume all of me.

 

“UGH! ARGH! YES!!!! RIGHT THERE!!!!” I screamed. Yong oppa chuckled and that’s when I remembered that I was still having a phone conversation with my unnies and his dongsaengs. I opened my eyes and glared at him. I tried to push him away but he had me at his mercy so I really couldn’t do anything but to surrender.

 

“RIGHT THERE!!!!!!” I screamed again but quickly recovered by saying,
 

“WE’LL BE RIGHT THERE UNNIE!!! ONE HOUR!! UGH! YES! JUST ONE HOUR AND WE’LL BE ON TIME! YES!!! RIGHT THEREE!!!! WE’LL BE RIGHT THERE UNNIE!!! JUST WAIT AND UHHHH…ONE HOUR! JUST ONE HOUR AND I PROMISE WE’LL BE UHHHH…AHHH…THERE!” I shouted.

 

There was dead silence on the other line. I could hear awkward coughs and some mumblings.

 

“Are you…? You’re not…? In the middle of….?” I heard Sica unnie asked, her voice trembling.

 

“Uhhhh huhhhh…” I hate how even my reply sounded that way. Blame it on Jung Yonghwa. I can’t think of how to make a decent comeback that would cover that up because the other end of the line was filled with squeals and cheers.

 

I couldn’t quite make the sentences they were saying (try having more than a dozen people talk all at once) but was instantly saved from trying to do so when Sica unnie probably snatched the phone to talk once more.

 

“OH MY GOSH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!! JUNG YONG! HOW COULD YOU?! SEO JOOHYUN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! Where’s the alcohol?!! I need to sanitize my ears! I can’t believe this! I feel like my innocence was taken away from me!!!!” she yelled.

 

“Oh please. Stop being so dramatic noona. What do you expect from newlyweds? Especially our hyung. He’s been restraining himself and waited for this for years. Of course he’s going to go all out.” Jungshin retorted.

 

“Nado. If only you knew how much Seohyunnie also waited for this moment to unleash all those longings and regrets.” Hyoyeon unnie joined in and I swear I could hear some high-fives and whistles.

 

“Hey, consider yourselves lucky. At least you weren’t the ones who caught them in the middle of something!” Jonghyun oppa said. I blushed profusely, remembering that time he caught us in the heat of the moment at oppa’s recording studio here at home.

 

The others teased us mercilessly and I would’ve reprimanded them or tell them to shut up if I wasn’t preoccupied with some “things.” Again, don’t you even dare ask. Just don’t.

 

“I DON’T CARE! YAH! JUNG YONGHWA SEO JOOHYUN! YOU TWO CAN CONTINUE DOING THAT LATER ON! IF YOU’RE LATE I’M GOING TO DRAG YOU OUT OF YOUR PREC

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter