Cheated and Stolen

Made of Steel

“And what if I did?”

Yongguk froze at her reply, unable to bring himself to look at her.

“Would you hate me?” Chaerin asked; her voice shaking when she spoke the last two words. “Would you hate me if I cheated?” Would you leave me if you knew my heart cheated?

He turned to face her with you wouldn’t written all over his face. It did not make sense to him. She had always seemed to be so crazy about Zico and so happy whenever she talked about him. “You’re lying! Stop lying!” He said loudly.

“I’m not!” She yelled back. So does that mean that you’re unable to accept this side of me? She felt her heart crack at his denials. It hurts.

“Stop hurting yourself, Chae!” He was frustrated as he roared back, grabbing onto her shoulders, trying to shake some sense into her. “You were madly in love with him! How is that cheating?!”

“That’s because I was covering up my feelings for you!”

Yongguk was dumbfounded. What?

Her reason of relief was now crystal clear. It’s true that part of it was because she had resolved the issue between her and Zico, but there was another side of it was that when she admitted that her heart had cheated on Zico. “That evening when you confessed to me,” she said, her tears starting to fall. “My heart shook,” she covered as if it were forbidden. She lowered her head, letting more of her tears fall. “I felt so dirty,” she continued as she choked on her emotions. “I feel so sorry for Zico! I had to force myself to submit to him double time because I didn’t want to cheat on him! Whenever I think of you I’d stare at pictures of Zico so that it would cover up the images of you in my mind! Every time I wish to speak to you, I’d call him instead so that the sound of your voice would stop repeating in my head!” She screamed, poking and pushing him at the chest. “It was all because of you!” She cried.

Yongguk was at a loss of words when he slowly released her shoulders, allowing both his hands to fall back to his sides. His mind was still processing with all that she had confessed. He did not know that his confession had affected her so deeply, yet he thought he was the only one with emotions to clean up. He thought that everything would be fine if he wiped off his feelings for her. He never considered her response to it. He bluntly thought that she would pay no attention to him since she had always showed her deep love for Zico. He did not think that she would be shaken.

“Why must you force me to such a dead end where I couldn’t even save the little dignity I have left?” Chaerin cried with her hand over , slowly squatting down whilst holding on to herself as if she would fall apart if she did not.

“Chae,” he whispered. His heart ached, realizing the amount of pain he put the only girl he ever loved through, not to mention self-centeredly thought that he was the only one who had to deal with it. He kneeled down in front of her, not knowing if it would be right for him to touch her as she continued to cry. “Chae, I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t think-----“ He sighed, “I’m sorry, I was selfish, I shouldn’t have confessed,” he said, gently holding onto her shoulders, pulling her up to face him. “I’m sorry,” he repeated, his eyes glassy as well. Yongguk then pulled her into his embrace as he squeezed her tight, letting his warm tears fall on her neck. “I’m sorry.”

Chaerin stopped crying when she felt his warmth around her. Her lashes sparkled like glitters from her tears. She remained silent and calm as he tightened his squeeze around her in his strong arms. Her lids felt heavy as she felt herself sinking into his ever so secure arms. “Don’t be,” she then murmured at his ear, “Don’t be sorry,”

She then felt him loosened his grip around her, distancing himself from her so that he would be able to look at her. The both of them took a moment gazing into each other’s eyes that sparkled with tears. “I didn’t mean to blame you,” tears began filling up the rim of her eyes again, “I’m sorry.” His heart ached at the tear that slipped down her smooth cheek. “I just feel so dirty,” she continued with her head lowered into her lap, “I’m such a ,” she whispered with her tears dripping onto her lap. “How did you even fall for a like----“

He had to shut her up – crashing his lips onto hers the moment she lifted her head, meeting his gaze. He held onto the back of her neck so that she would not topple over her ridiculously high stilettos as he pressed his lips against hers, tasting the strawberry flavored lip gloss that she had on. Chaerin was taken aback at first, but she obliged the moment he started moving his lips against hers, allowing herself to drown in his scent.

It took them a while to pull away from each other as they gasped desperately for air. Yongguk rested his forehead against hers with his eyes closed as he was still catching his breath from the kiss he first initiated. His hand came forward from the back of her neck to her cheek and he caressed her soft skin with his thumb, “If you’re the , then I’ll be that sly bastard that stole your heart.” Stole your heart. She seemed to like the sound of it.

He loathed her self-destructive words; how she was always taking on wounds even when she distinctly did not deserve any. “Stop hurting yourself,” he said, slowly regaining his breath and then separating their foreheads feeling the cold breeze against the warmth that was left on each. “I forbid it,” he sternly said, with a sharp gaze that pierced right through hers.

Chaerin was at lost for words. She found herself only capable of returning his gazes that contained of overflowing love. She smiled. Not a spot of regret stained her heart for falling for this man right in front of her eyes. She may have felt like a , moving on from one guy to another so quickly, but it did not bother her anymore if it would mean being together with him.

Yongguk returned her smile; sliding his warm hand down from her cheek to her arm and then helping her stand up. He held her cold hands in his warm ones, squeezing them tightly. “I love you,” There, he said it. It was Chaerin’s turn to have her heart skipping beats. She stiffened at his second confession that contained a much deeper love than the first. She stared at his manly features with her widely opened glassy eyes. Letting out a sigh, he continued, “I understand if you need time accepting a new relationship, I will wait---“ No, she was affirmative that she would do fine as she threw her arms around his neck, sealing his confession with another kiss that she initiated this time. He responded, tightly holding  onto her waist, supporting her. 

 



 

Jjang!
I guess this is the moment that all of you have been waiting for?
I hope it meets up to your expectations
I'm totally stressed out preparing the ending now
D: endings are hard!
This I know now

Cheers!