Encounter

Made of Steel

“I can’t believe he went to my house!” Chaerin said while they were in a cab, on the way back to the studio. She had her elbow rested by the window and her hand held her forehead as if to support her mind from all the frustrations that were flushing in. She sighed again.

“Guess it was because you avoided him just now,” Yongguk said rationally in a calm tone.

“Any girl would’ve avoided a boyfriend who cheated on them,” she shot back a rational reply.

Yongguk chuckled. “Hey,” he poked her. “Save your anger for him, don’t waste it on me,” he reminded with a little sarcasm.

Chaerin broke out into a smile. You’re right, “Sorry Oppa,” she said, still having the smile on her face when his sarcasm wiped the frustrations away.

When the cab stopped in front of the studio, the streets were empty and they saw Zico pacing around the entrance of the studio. Chaerin watched him from inside the cab; a feeling of unease suffocated her chest. Yongguk grabbed her hand and gently gave it a squeeze. “I’m right here,” he said.

Chaerin smiled. Putting on a battle face, she stepped out of the cab, followed by Yongguk on the other side. Chaerin approached Zico as Yongguk walked the other way; crossing the desolate street, giving them their own private space, but still keeping an eye out for her. He dumped his bags on the ground and sat on the railings across the street, watching them.

“Who is he?” Zico questioned Chaerin the moment she was close enough to hear him. Yongguk was unable to hear any of their conversation but he knew Zico was asking about him, judging by the way Zico glaring at him. His presence seemed to have threatened Zico.

“Does it matter?” Chaerin said in a cold tone. Damn. Her mode was .

Hearing her response made Zico held his breath. He has seen Chaerin in her cold moods, but never has it been targeted at him. “Chae, I’m sorry,” he then pleaded.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about,” Chaerin said, dusting invisible dust off her sleeve. “We only dated for a month and got separated for six,” she said in a calm tone, but her eyes were cold and empty, without any emotions. He was afraid; he couldn’t read her. “You could’ve just told me if you’ve fallen for someone else.”

“Chae, no, I lov------“ He tried to grab her, but she slapped his hand away, denying access for him to have any skin contact with her.

She stared into his pleading eyes. She smiled, “Yeah, I guess you do love me,” she said, relieving him for a second, “but not enough to stop you from making out with her,” freezing him inside out with her cold talk, Zico had enough and grabbed her arm, trying to pull her in for a hug. Chaerin refused of course, she struggled.

“I’m sorry,” Zico begged. “Please, I’m sorry, don’t talk to me like that, Chae-ah!” He said trying to hold her down as she struggled. “I didn’t mean it!”

“You willingly kissed her!” Chaerin yelled in her struggles. “Don’t be selfish, Woo Jiho!”

Seeing the situation turn ugly, Yongguk jumped off the railing and ran towards them. “Hey!” He yelled, yanking Zico’s hands off Chaerin’s wrists, standing in between the both of them. Chaerin held her wrist that was hurting from Zico’s grip. Yongguk briefly looked at her, making sure that she was fine and then turning back to Zico who glared at him.

“Who are you?” Zico stepped up fearlessly to him. “This isn’t your business to deal with, get lost!” He demanded.

With their faces only a few inches away, Yongguk did not flinch at all. Instead, he looked right back into Zico’s eyes with a small smirk. “You’re right,” he replied with his low husky tone. “But it’s just every guy’s duty to defend a lady when she is harassed,” he said.

Chaerin silently rolled her eyes when she heard his reply behind him, but she was chuckling on the inside at how lame it was but yet she felt comforted that he was right here, right now.

Zico, not really getting his message, pushed Yongguk aside, “What the hell? Just get lost already!” He shouted, acting like a child. He reached out to grab Chaerin again but Yongguk grabbed his wrists first before he could reach her.

“I believe she’s done talking to you,” Yongguk with a cold tone.

Zico yanked his hand back and pushed Yongguk again. “Don’t talk to me like that!” He shouted, changing his target towards Yongguk. “You don’t have the right to talk to me like that!” He said grabbing onto Yongguk’s shirt and lifting his other free hand and gripping his fists tight, punching into Yongguk’s face.

“Oppa!” Zico heard Chaerin cried out when Yongguk landed on the ground.

She calls him Oppa. Zico found himself boiling on the inside, about to go crazy when Chaerin ran to Yongguk’s side helping him up. Driven by his madness and jealousy, he pushed Chaerin away from Yongguk, causing her to fall onto the ground and then grabbing onto Yongguk’s jacket.

Yongguk only looked at him with cold eyes. His lower lip cracked from the force and blood was forming on the wound. But he still remained calm and steady, despite Zico about to take out his imbalanced emotions on him.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Zico said. “Don’t look at me like that!” He repeated, yelling. He was about to hit Yongguk again when a few boys ran over, grabbing onto Zico and pulling him away from Yongguk.

“Yah, Jiho! Cool it!” One of them said.

Yongguk relieved that he needn’t to be punched again turned to Chaerin who was already up from her fall. Apparently, one of the guys helped her. Yongguk assumed she was thanking him when she smiled and said something that he could not hear. He was relieved but concerned again when he saw her limping. He got up and approached her, looking at her knee that was bleeding; her pants torn from the friction.

“Oppa, you okay?” She asked grabbing onto his arm for support as her knee was hurting. She looked at his bleeding lip, feeling bad that he had to take a punch that he did not deserve. He noticed and hurriedly wiped the blood away with his sleeve, only to get a slap in the arm from her for it. “Don’t do that! It’s dirty!” She exclaimed.

“Get away from her!” They then heard Zico shouting as he struggled from the boys who were pulling him away.

“Sorry, noona,” a small sized guy apologized. “We just found out what happened this afternoon from Eunji,” he explained. “Will you be alright?” He asked putting his hand on her shoulder.

Chaerin nodded. Eunji. Is that her name?

The guy then turned to Yongguk and bowed politely at him. “We’re sorry for the trouble Yongguk-hyung,” he apologized. Chaerin startled when she heard him said Yongguk’s name. “We’ll take Zico first, perhaps you’ll both sort this out some other time when he’s cooled off,” he said.

“Taeil,” Chaerin called. “You know him?” She pointed to Yongguk with her thumb.

“Sure I do,” he said with a cute smile on his face. “He’s one of our seniors from our dance studio!” He said. Chaerin’s tummy tickled as she felt the little fanboy in him. But … WHAT?

“Yah Taeil! Stop fanboying there!”

“Coming!” Taeil shouted back. He then turned to the both of them and bowed again. “Take care, noona! It’s nice meeting you, Hyung!” He said as he ran off. 

 



 

I promise that I'm still working on the story, 
I just didn't have time to double-check it before I post :| 
I don't wanna have any regrets y'know

Thank you to those who read my other one-shot that I recently completed 
;) It's good to know that you guys liked it!

Cheers!