Peck

Made of Steel

Y'all ready for this?
*smirks*
I just decided to post double chaps today
Idk if I'll go with the third
Let's hope if I can finish another chap in advance!

Cheers!

 



 

Chaerin paced around the living room when she was back in the ridiculously huge house. Yongguk had told the maids to get her a drink while she waited for him in the living room. He was upstairs with the doctor attending to his mother.

It was only a minute after his mother had fainted that he reached the park to find a panicking Chaerin. He carried his mother home and calling for their house doctor. He made her wait at the living room before going upstairs and that was the last time she saw him.

30 minutes had passed since the doctor came. Chaerin knew it was not very long but she could not help but worry for Yongguk and his mother. She found it difficult for her to neither sit nor stand quietly and thus she ended up pacing all over the huge living room. The maids in the room watched her, curiously wondering who she was.

Chaerin then sat on the leather sofa and taking a sip of her drink which one of the maids placed at the coffee table for her. She then started shaking her legs and looked around the room, trying to distract herself from her worries. Stop being a worrywart, Chae! They’ll be fine! They will be!

She then grabbed her drink, about to take a second sip when she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She stood up watching Yongguk sending the doctor out the door. He sighed, closing the door behind him as he turned to Chaerin. He let out a tired smile and approached the sofa, allowing his body to fall on it.

Chaerin sat beside him, looking at him.

He smiled at her again. “She’ll be fine,” he said. “Doc says she’s probably traumatized by my father’s abusive nature,” he said sitting up and taking a sip from her glass. Ruffling his reddish hair, he continued, “She probably was not sleeping well when I was away,” he said burying his face in his hands.

Chaerin looked at him sadly. She did not know was there to say to bring comfort to him. Slowly, she placed her hand on his shoulder whilst squeezing it gently. She felt him sigh softly to himself as he slowly turned towards her and grabbing waist with one arm, pulling her close as he rested his head on her shoulder.

She stiffened at first, but gave in to him and then putting her arms around his neck, bringing him closer to her.

 

“Chae, I can drive you home, you know,” Yongguk said as they were walking out of his house.

“No,” she said firmly. “Your parents need you,” she said with a smile.

For some reason, his heart ached when he saw her smiling like that. “Then I’ll walk you out,” he offered, “And I won’t take no for an answer,” he continued before she could refuse. He smiled when she pouted.

“How’s your dad?” She then asked, remembering the drunkard.

“Asleep,” Yongguk said as they stepped past the tall black gates. “We managed to inject him with sedatives,” he said.

Chaerin then bit her lip, “Is he always like this?” She asked.

Yongguk was silent for a moment.

Seeing him fall silent like that, Chaerin hurriedly added, “It’s alright if you don’t want to talk about----“

“Most of the time,” he answered.

Chaerin looked at him thoughtfully. She guessed that he probably did not have a happy childhood. “Didn’t you say they were in Japan for a trip?” She then remembered their conversation back when they were at the airport.

Yongguk scoffed. “Mmhmm, they were supposed to visit my sister there,” he said. “But they cancelled the trip after an argument,”

“Was this the reason why you chose not to meet them in Japan?” Chaerin then asked, without realizing that she was getting carried away with asking too much questions.

Yongguk smiled and hooked his arm around her neck. “You and your questions!” He said, playfully tightening his grip around her neck.

“Ah! Oppa!” She cried in shock, trying to push him away.

Yongguk chuckled when a cab approached the bus stand. He hurriedly waved at the driver and it slowed down, stopping right in front of them.

“Chae,” he called, grabbing her hand gently.

Chaerin turned around as she was about to slide in the cab.

He looked down to her chubby hands in his. “Thank you for coming today,” he said. “I don’t know what would’ve had happened to me if you did not come,”

Chaerin smiled. “A cracked opened head,” she joked. “That’s what would’ve happened.”

He chuckled as he gazed into her eyes. Ah, chincha, I can’t take this anymore. He then released his hand and moving it towards her hips and leaned forward, pecking her at the corner of her lips. Chaerin stepped back but was trapped in between the cab behind her and Yongguk in front of her. She froze when their lips slightly touched; she felt her heart pumping electric shocks through her veins instead of blood cells.

Yongguk smiled as he slowly stepped backwards and releasing her hand. He continued stepping backwards and waved at her. “I’ll call you!” He then said as he ran off back into his neighborhood.

Chaerin stood by the cab, confounded by his sudden action; she touched the side of her lip where he pecked, gasping. Her body was burning. She blushed as her heart raced. She had never felt this way before even when she was dating Zico. What-----?

 

When Chaerin got off the cab, Yongguk’s peck kept replaying in her mind as she pushed open the little white gate and walked up the steps really slowly. She did not know what to think, her mind was blank as she stopped in front of the door, not even bothering to dig for her keys.

She just stood there in a daze until her phone rang. Chaerin flinched, reaching for her phone in her pocket and then … Bang Yongguk, she read the caller id silently in her heart. Her heart began to race again as her thumb hesitated to answer the phone when the front door opened.

“Chaerin!” Her mother called in a surprised tone.

Chaerin looked at her mother and slid her thumb across the screen, answering the call without thinking twice. “Hello, Oppa?” she answered as she hurriedly took off her sneakers and then rushing into the living room and up the stairs.

“Chaerin!” Her mother followed but she was too quick, leaving her mother downstairs, grinning to herself.

“You home?” She heard his husky voice through the phone. “Was that your mother?” He chuckled.

“Y—Yeah,” Chaerin said as she hurried into her room, closing the door behind her, letting out a sigh.

Yongguk smiled. “You must be tired, get some rest then,” he said.

“Ah,” Chaerin felt her heart sink. That's it? You're going to hang up already? “You have a good rest too then,” she replied.

She then heard him chuckle, “Yeah, goodnight,”

Chaerin bit her lip, feeling her heart getting heavier, “Goodnight,” she said, letting out a smile even though he was not able to see it.

She then slowly took the phone away from her ear when … “Chae!” She heard.

“Yeah?” She answered without hesitating.

There was a long pause then, Chaerin’s heart raced again as she wondered what was he going to say.

“… It’s nothing,” she heard him sigh, “You have a good rest, goodnight,” and with that, he hung up, leaving her speechless.

What was that? 

 



 

Yeah, Guk :\ 
WHAT WAS THAT?