Healing

Made of Steel

Yongguk followed silently behind Chaerin as she wandered around the city. After the incident, Chaerin remained silent the whole time. Yongguk was guessing that the surprise did not go well, but he refused to let his imaginations running about with all the possibilities that could have happened. He was dying to know what happened, but he controlled himself, forcing himself to give her as much space as she needed. Realizing that he was only able to follow silently behind her, making sure that she would not harm herself killed him.

He let out a sigh when Chaerin finally stopped. He stopped as well, finding that they were on top of a hill, far from the city. We’ve walked this far? Chaerin who continued to remain silent, approached a bench and sat there as she looked down the city, letting her mind go blank.

She knows very well in her heart that he does not deserve a single tear from her; that he did not deserve her to get so upset over him, but she could not help feeling this emptiness that was feasting on her soul. She slowly lifted both her hands to , covering it, as if to catch air to cure her suffocating soul. She later let out a loud sigh and buried her face into her palms with her eyes closed, refusing to think about any of that just happened.

After what seemed to be a long while to Chaerin, she felt someone taking their seat beside her and then something cold touching her cheek, causing her to jump. She found Yongguk next to her, with a bottle of cold juice in his hand. Chaerin exhaled, relaxing herself and forcing a smile at him when she took the drink. She realized that she was dehydrating only when she saw the drink. She twisted the bottle cap, only to let out a soft shriek when her torn skin rubbed against the surface of the cap. Fresh blood surfaced upon her dried blood again. She sighed, staring at her own palm.

Yongguk sighed, grabbing the bottle from her and opening it for her. He passed the bottle back into her hand and dug into a white plastic bag behind him, taking out a bottle of water, some plasters and a pack of antiseptic wipes. Chaerin watched him silently as he twisted the bottle of water open and gently grabbing her free hand and started cleaning the dry blood off her palms.

Chaerin looked at him gratefully as she took sips of her juice, only to find his palm bleeding too. She let out a small laugh as she tried to swallow her juice before spitting it out. Yongguk stopped, looking at her with surprise. Chaerin continued to giggle at his expression. “Oppa, your palm is scratched too!” She laughed.

Feeling even more relieved, Yongguk huffed with a smile. “And whose fault is that, huh?” He asked, continuing to clean her wounds.

Chaerin could only blush. She knew it was her who smacked him onto the pavement with her. She bit her lip, still smiling, “Thank you, Oppa,” she said.

He briefly looked up to her and then back to her palm. “For what?”

“For being here,” she replied and then turning to look down to the city below again. “I’m really glad you’re here with me,” she said with a sigh.

They fell back into silence again with Chaerin only staring down the city, enjoying the view while Yongguk cleans her wounds. Seeing her able to enjoy the view made him much more relaxed. At least she’s not giving that look anymore. He thought as he carefully placed a plaster over her wounds.

“Alright, done!” He said releasing her hand from his.

Chaerin broke her gaze from the scenery and looked at him and then to her palms. She smiled. “Thanks,” she said. “My turn!”

“What?”

“My turn,” she said with an innocent expression on her face. She then grabbed the bottle of water that had half a bottle left of water and stretched out her other hand to him.

“Bwo?”

Seeing that he did not understand her message, Chaerin rolled her eyes with a sigh and grabbed his hand, intending to help him with the cuts on his palm, but only to have Yongguk pulling it back.

“Yah!” Chaerin yelled. “Don’t be such a kid!” She exclaimed, trying to grab his hand again.

“What the hell? I can do it on my own!” Yongguk said leaning backwards, resisting her.

“Why so inconvenient when I can help you?” Chaerin said stretching forward, grabbing onto his arm and pulling it with all her might, trying to get him to lower his arm, but was getting nowhere since he was quite well-built.

Yongguk started chuckling when she failed miserably. “Yah, yah, yah, stop it before you hurt your palms again,” he then said, pushing her away from him when he noticed her body already leaning on his.

“Then sit still and let me do it,” she said with her teeth gritted.

Yongguk paused for a moment and sighed. He sat back up straight and unwillingly giving her his hand as he looked to the other direction with an unhappy look displayed on his face. But truth be told, he was actually afraid of letting him touch his hands. His heart was racing when he felt the warmth of her fingers touching his. His heart was about to burst when he felt her gently blowing on his wound. Yongguk immediately pulled his hand back and grabbed a cotton bud and the medicine. “Aish, why are you even blowing it,” he said dipping the cotton bud into the medicine. “I’m not a kid anymore!”

Chaerin only shot him with an unpleasant look on her face, followed by the crossing of her arms. “Bang Yongguk,” she called with a strict tone.

Yongguk wrinkled his brows hearing her call his name like that. “Ugh,” he groaned, giving her the cotton bud and his hand unwillingly, like a kid being forced to stretch his hand out for punishment.

Chaerin let out a small smile and took his manly hands in her chubby ones and started gently padding the medicine on the wound. Yongguk felt the stings as the medicine came in contact with his open wound, but it did not bother him as much as Chaerin holding his hand in hers. He was disturbed to the soul.

They were silent again for a moment. Yongguk began to relax himself and was even able to take peeks of Chaerin concentrating on cleaning his wounds. He let out a gentle smile which was unknown to her. Lee Chaerin. He then let out a sigh, leaning back into the bench, feeling relieved that she seemed to be recovering from whatever that she encountered earlier in the afternoon.

“I don’t know what’s the situation right now,” Chaerin then said, breaking the silence, just as Yongguk was about to close his eyes to take a rest. He looked at her. She still had her eyes focused on his hand. He waited patiently for her to continue her sentence, “I don’t know if I’m the one being dumped or him,” she said, putting the cotton bud away and pulling a plaster out of the box.

Yongguk was speechless. 

 



 

New updates coming as soon as I wake up tomorrow! 
I'm working on a one-shot too
I love one-shots, it's just I think I'm terrible at writing them ><
More, more skybang!

Cheers!