Playback

Made of Steel

“Chae?” Bom called to herself, noticing that Chaerin was not present at the dance floor with her anymore. She squeezed herself out of the dance floor, scanning around the club for the blonde lady in her little black dress. Where could she have gone to? She thought with worry as she was the one who promised that they would be together throughout the whole night.

She sighed with frustration when she was unable to find Chaerin. Oh! It was then when her dolly eyes trailed to the outside of the club where she spotted Chaerin walking down the corridor. “Chaer----! Ahh!” She was so happy to have found her until a sharp pain hit her shoulder when a tall gentleman with dark locks knocked into her shoulder.

She was about to give him a piece of her mind, knocking into her like that. Was he blind to a pretty lady like myself? But her words soon retreated back down when he heard his apology, “Sorry.” No. It was when she heard his deep tone that was so similar to Seunghyun’s but huskier.

Surprised, she soon forgotten about the pain that was fading away from her shoulder and her eyes followed him running off until she spotted Zico and his gang entering the club from behind. Zico? Didn’t Chae say that he wouldn’t be coming?

“Omo, Jiho-ah!” Bommie waved. “What are you doing here?” She asked with a smile and then giving him a friendly hug as his group slightly bowed and left them.

“We were invited to perform here,” Zico explained with the exact surprised look on his face when he saw her. “Noona, what are you doing here?”

“Ah, my boyfriend is the owner of this club,” Bommie said, ignoring Zico’s huge reaction to the fact that she got herself a rich partner. She was busy guessing away that Chaerin probably did not know that he was going to perform here. A smile then grew on her face. She’s going to be so thrilled! “Jiho-ah! Chaerin is here too!”

It was no wonder he had a funny look on his face when she mentioned Chaerin. When Bom told him that she was outside by the corridor, he only fell silent with no excitement. Everything came to sense now that she had witnessed all that happened.

She watched Zico from the inside of the club, giggling to herself, when he nodded to search for Chaerin at the corridor. She wanted to see all of it – the priceless face that is soon to be displayed on Chaerin’s face in a few minutes time. But her smile faded when she saw Chaerin already conversing happily with----him? The man who knocked into her shoulder just now!

Her brows knitted as she tip-toed to get a better look of the man’s face. Who is he? Does Chae know him? Are they close? They seem close. A million questions ran through her mind when a pair of cold hands grabbed onto her shoulder so suddenly that she let out a yelp in fright. Her mind came to register that she was being pranked when she heard Seunghyun’s deep chuckle behind her. She shot him a look and slapping him on the shoulder a few times before going back to watch Chaerin and the guy.

“Jagiya,” she heard Seunghyun lowering himself to her ear as she felt his warm breath down her bare neck. “What are you lookin----oh, isn’t that Yongguk?”

“Yongguk?” She turned around to her tall mate, surprised that she knew the man. “The guy with Chae there?” She asked, unsure if they were talking about the same person.

“Yeah, he’s my childhood buddy, the one I’ve told you about before,” Seunghyun said without taking his eyes off the couple. “Does Chae know him?” He then asked her back, turning his vision to her dolly features which he adored so much.

Bommie only shrugged whilst shaking her head as the both of them then resumed to watching the couple from the inside of the club. From when Zico approached them and this pinky petite girl popping up into their conversation to Yongguk protecting Chaerin from Zico and then Chaerin’s blank emotions when talking to Zico. Bom was unable to make clear of the situation.

Why is he blocking Zico from coming close to Chae? Who is that girl? She seemed irrelevant. Chaerin’s anger was the last thing she expected when she yelled at Zico. Chae, why didn’t you tell me anything? She thought when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to Seunghyun who was straightening up when the scene turned ugly where Zico was forcefully grabbing on to Chaerin already.

“I’m getting security,” he said in a calm tone, leaving her to watch Zico begging at Chaerin.

“I’m not going to say this twice,” Bom snapped out of her thoughts to Seunghyun’s deep tone that sounded so stern. “Release her.” He commanded.

Bom saw Zico hesitate when she slowly loosened his grip on Chaerin’s shoulders.

“Release her, unless you want me to put you and your dance team in blacklist,” Seunghyun commanded again, threatening Zico. He was not going to let some drama happen on the opening day of his club.

Chaerin felt Zico stiffen at Seunghyun’s threat, but it worked like a charm and made him release her shoulders that were aching. She let out a sigh of relief as Yongguk caught her gently in his arms.

“Kajja,” he said so tenderly at her ear, pulling her towards Seunghyun and Bom.

Chaerin forced a brief smile at him and then turning for a last look at Zico who had a devastated look on his face. Sorry. She apologized in her heart as Yongguk lead her away. She did not know why she did. Perhaps that she was unable to love him the same way as before after knowing his flaws.

They left Zico behind, defeated in his own game that he started. Chaerin stopped when she came by Bom who had her eyes on her this whole time. She knew her friend was concerned and she felt awful for not telling her about this sooner. Chaerin let out a weak smile, “I’m sorry,” she apologized to both Bom and Seunghyun for bringing such trouble into his club and to make it worse – the club’s opening night. “I’ll call you,” intending to honestly fill her in with the whole story when she get back home.

“No,” Bom said firmly. She then turned to Yongguk, hoping that he was trustworthy, “Take care of her,” she said, entrusting Chaerin to him. Yongguk only smiled and nodded as he carefully led Chaerin out of the scene. Bommie watched as she silently comforted and convinced herself that Yongguk will do a good job in watching after Chaerin. After all, she had been hearing Seunghyun countlessly speak highly of this man when they were on dates and having casual chatters about their lives.

She’ll be fine. She thought, turning back to Zico who had already let himself slump onto the ground with Eunji trying to pull him back to his senses. She could only sigh when she heard Seunghyun ordered the securities to take him out of the club. How did it turn out like this? 

 



 

I'm so excited right now!
because I have drafted a whole new story from beginning to the end!
I can't wait to work on it
but of course, I will end this story before posting my next :)
Please be patient as my finals are coming up
I'm still having dilemmas on the ending for this story!

Next update will be after this Wednesday
I apologize for the delay
Don't stop sending in your love!

Cheers!