I'm coming home

Made of Steel

7 months later.

Chaerin sat with her legs crossed, lying back comfortably on the airport benches while tapping on her black glossy phone. She was dressed in full black with a pair of black shades resting above her head, even her luggage was black. She smiled to herself when a message from Zico popped into her phone.

To: Chae
From: Zico

Hey babe, when are you coming home? I miss you like crazy!

She tapped the reply button and starting typing her reply to him while giggling to herself as she imagines the surprised look that her boyfriend is about to display on his chubby face when she gets back to Korea.

To: Zico
From: Chae

I don’t know, babe. Final year is really hell, y’know. I’ll do my best to make time, alright?

Chaerin then hit the send button and made sure it was sent out before switching it to flight mode. She then rested her lower lip on the edge of her phone and smiled to herself again. She knew she looked stupid, grinning to herself like that, but it was out of control, she could not wait to get back to Korea to see her family and friends and especially him. She bit her lower lip, trying to stop grinning, but she only smiled even more. She could not wait to surprise everyone.

It was true that her schedules were hectic and her assignments have practically piled up to the height of Mount Fuji, but she worked hard clearing them off, making sure that she completed every assignment before her semester break and she really did.

She planned on giving everyone back at Korea a surprise by telling all of them that she would not be able to go home for the semester break as she was unable to complete her assignments and had to stay back in the states to complete it before she could go anywhere. It was a white lie, but it still made her felt a little bad when she heard her mother’s disappointed tone when talking over the phone. But it did not matter now anymore, because in about 15 hours of time, she’ll be giving them the surprise of the year.

She giggled to herself again while looking down to her phone’s wallpaper of her and Zico.

“Tsk, stop that, you look really stupid, you know?” A deep husky voice then said, causing Chaerin to straighten up and finally breaking away from her smiles. She felt sore in her cheeks when she was finally able to relax them. She then looked up to her senior who was almost 6 feet tall. He was dressed in full black too and wore a black cap, covering most of his brightly dyed red hair. He smirked at Chaerin while shaking his head, jokingly disapproving of her actions. In his hands he held two hot drinks.

“You’ll understand as soon as you get yourself a girlfriend,” Chaerin pouted and then returning back to her smiles again.

“Aish,” he whispered to himself as he made his way to the seat next to hers and then handing her one of the hot drinks.

“Thank you,” Chaerin said with a smile while taking the drink from his hand carefully. She happily took a sip from the Styrofoam cup and let out a breath as she felt the warm fluid flow down her chest.

Seeing that she was comfortable, he then laid back onto the bench and took a sip from his cup too. The both of them then remained silent. Not because they were awkward with each other, but because they were just comfortable enough to sit together without even saying a word.

“Oh, Yongguk-oppa,” Chaerin then broke the silence between them. “Where will you be heading when we reach Korea?” She asked. “Didn’t you say your family went on a trip to Japan? Why didn’t you just get a ticket to Japan?”

He smiled and turned to look around the airport. Countless foreigners walking around with their bags and luggage, some were looking at signboards; wondering which direction they should be going to and some were on benches tapping on their gadgets, he assumed that they were probably waiting to board on their flights like them. He sighed, “It’s been a year you know,” he said and then turning back to face her. “I miss Korea.”

Oh. Chaerin understood that feeling very much. She remembered how she got homesick on her third month here in the states. She sighed and smiled, “Yeah, I know that feeling, I’m totally homesick right now,” she said.

Yongguk looked at her thoughtfully. He then looked away, originally planning to remain silent; he then let out a laugh while shaking his head. Chaerin looked to her senior, confused. He then looked up to her with a smirk, “No, you’re not homesick, you’re boyfriend-sick,” he teased.

“Oppa!!” Chaerin yelled. 

 



 

I hope you're enjoying so far :) 
Yongguk making his appearance 
Any skybang fans? 
How did you guys started shipping this lovely couple? 

Cheers!