Reset Button

Goong : Secret Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How I wish I'm not Gong Ju but that is something I can't change."

(In her room)

Shin Hye looks at the mirror. Her hand touches the mirror. Her tears drop. 

Shin Hye (talking to herself) : Shin Hye! You have to be strong. You are Gong Ju. The daughter of King Lee Shin. You are the future Queen. How can you behave like a weakling. (wipes off her tears) You looked terrible. You make Appa and Omma worried. Shin Hye! I'm telling you. Stop tearing. 

~~

(In the car)

 Suzy : Are you sure you are alright? You don't look good. Is it--

Shin Hye : Kwenchana. Don't worry. 

Suzy : Will you be ok? You are having the same class with him later.

Shin Hye : Hm.

Suzy : Do you want to change to another class instead?

Shin Hye : Don't worry. What is the point of hiding? I can't hide from him for life.

Suzy : B-But---

Shin Hye cuts in : You need to face it when you need to. So (taking a deep breathe) Here I am.

They reached the university. Both gets down from the car.

Suzy : Meet you after your class? 

Shin Hye : Ani. I had been missing class for a week. I need to go to library to do my research for my assignment. Don't worry. I'll be fine. 

Suzy : Call me if you need anything, arraso. 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

(Organisational Behaviour Class) 

Min Ho choose the empty seat next to Shin Hye. He sat next to her. Her eyes was closed, it seems like she is tired. Min Ho looks at her. 

Min Ho's mind : Darn. I can't seem to get you out of my head. 

Just then, she opens her eyes and notices him. Her face blushed when she knew Min Ho was looking at her all the time. She quickly looked down and pretended that she is working on something. 

Min Ho : Annyeong.

Shin Hye ignores him.

Min Ho : Hi. I'm Lee Min Ho, year 2 student. 

Shin Hye still ignored him. 

Min Ho (offers his hand) : Annyeong, lady here. I'm Lee Min Ho. You can call me Min Ho or best Min Ho oppa. I'm year 2 student. (smiling at her)

Shin Hye looks at him. She is confused.

Shin Hye : What are you doing? 

Min Ho : Wae? I'm just introducing myself to you.

Shin Hye : I already know who you are.

Min Ho : You were wrong. You knew who I was but then that friendship didn't seem to turn out well. So let's reset again. Reset to have a fresh start. A new relationship with you. 

Shin Hye : Didn't I---

Min Ho : Annyeong Chingu. 

Shin Hye : I'm very confuse now.

Min Ho : Just erase the past. From this second starts, we are chingu. I'm your Namja Chingu.

Shin Hye (eyes widened) : Mueos?!

Min Ho : Opps. What I mean is Namja--Chingu. Is a brand new friendship with you. But if you insist of going more than that---

Shin Hye : Why is it me? You can choose someone else. There are plenty of girls around. Go introduce yourself to them. 

Min Ho : I can't.

Shin Hye cuts in : Wae? 

Min Ho : Because you are my partner for the assignment.

Shin Hye (shocked) : Mueos?!

Min Ho : You had been skipping class. We need to work on this assignment. 2 persons on this. I offered to pair up with you since you were not around and all of them got a partner. 

Shin Hye : B-But---

Min Ho : The assignment is due by next Wednesday. (gives her a big smile) 

Shin Hye : Mueos?! Are you kidding me? Today is Thursday. 

Min Ho : I haven't start anything. So we need to start today after class. 

Shin Hye : B-But I---

Min Ho : No but unless you want to fail this subject. Anyway, why did you skipped classes? 

Shin Hye : I--I-- w-was s-sick. 

Min Ho : Sick? (scanning her head to toe) Are you alright now? 

Shin Hye : Hm. (her face blushing again when he is scanning her) 

Min Ho (with a serious tone): Do you want to postpone the assignment to tomorrow? 

Shin Hye : Is alright. We don't have much time. 

~~~

After class ended...

Shin Hye : So what is our assignment about?

Min Ho : Human.

Shin Hye : Human? Is that the title? (looking confuse)

Min Ho : We need to do a research on cross-cultural organizational behaviour. In our assignment, we need to have some brief review of the history of cross-cultural organization behavior, what are the factors that energize, direct and sustain effort across cultures. We need to consider the relationship between the individual and the organization, and review research on the culture and organizational commitment, psychological contracts, justice, citizenship behavior and person-environment fit. Thereafter, we consider how individuals manage their interdependence in organizations, and review research on culture and negotiation and disputing, teams, and leadership, followed by research on managing across

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter