Because We Are Not Meant To Be

Goong : Secret Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

".....Because we are not meant to be...."

He looks at her. He lifts up her chin. His hands cupped her face. He looks deep into her eyes and asked again. 

Min Ho : What do you mean by we are not meant to be? 

Shin Hye tries to holds back her tears. She pretends to be strong and cold towards him. 

Shin Hye : You and Me. We are just not meant to be.

Min Ho : What makes you think so? I like you. You like me. So why we are not meant to be?

Shin Hye : Is just not meant to be. Which part of it you don't get it? 

Min Ho : Every part of it! Why of the sudden behavior? Did something happened? Why are---

Shin Hye cuts in : I already had someone. 

Min Ho (shocked) : What did you just say? 

Shin Hye : I lied. I have a boyfriend. 

Min Ho : You know what. That is not the reason. You don't have anyone. I know. 

Shin Hye : Don't assume things when you don't know me. 

Min Ho : I know you. And in fact I know that I like you and you like me too. So what is the problem? Why are you rejecting my love?

Shin Hye : No. You don't know me. 

Min Ho : I don't believe you. You like me! I'm sure about that! 

Shin Hye : No! I don't. 

Min Ho : Stop lying! 

Shin Hye : I said what I supposed to say. Please leave me alone. (turning away and starting to walk away) 

Min Ho grabs onto her, refuse to let go of her.

Shin Hye (holding her tears) : Let go.

Min Ho : What if I don't.

Shin Hye : This will be the last time you see me.

Min Ho : Wae? Are you going to be this cruel to me?

Shin Hye looks at him and said Yes. Her hand reaches his hand, slowly opening up his fingers, one by one. 

Min Ho : Please. Hyenie. 

Shin Hye : I'm not Hyenie. I lied about that too. 

Min Ho is shocked to heard about that. He looks at her. He feels there is a knife stabbing at his heart. His heart is aching. At the same time, her heart is aching too, just that he doesn't know about it. 

Shin Hye continues : Forget about me. 

She turns around and starts walking away. This time Min Ho didn't hold onto her. Min Ho just stood there looking at her back, slowly disappearing. For Shin Hye, while walking further away from Min Ho, she tells herself not to look back. Not to tear.

Shin Hye's mind : I'm sorry. I wish that I'm just someone ordinary. 

~~~

(Inside the car)

Suzy : Kwenchanaseyo? ("Are you okay")

Shin Hye : Nan-anieyo. ("I'm not")

Suzy : What happened? (sees her starts tearing)

Shin Hye : S-Suzzzzy (crying loudly) 

Suzy pats on her back. She knows she had made the move. Shin Hye told her about the conversation between Hwang Ho and her. She knows she can't hide it from Min Ho, sooner or later, he will knows the truth. The truth about her real identity. The truth about her getting married. She needs to stop right now. They are not meant to be. 

~~~

(On the other side)

Min Ho (chuckles) : So this is it? All the while she lied to me. Even her name...(clenching his fists) 

~~~

(In Palace)

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Shin Hye. How are you feeling today? (hand on her forehead)

Shin Hye : Omma. I'm alright. (face pale) 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Choi Sang Gung said you didn't really eat for these two days. What happened to you? Need me to call Dr Sung? 

Shin Hye : Aniyo. (looks at Hwang Ho) Jeoneun jal jinaeyo. ("I'm fine")

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Gong Ju! 

Shin Hye : Omma. Jeoneun jal jinaeyo. Chincha. I just lack of sleep. 

Hwang Ho Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter