The Distance

Goong : Secret Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lecture : Alright. I'll stop here. For the next lecturer, you will need to get a partner to work on an assignment. See you next class. Thank you.

The class ended. Min Ho turns to Shin Hye while she is packing. 

Min Ho : H-Hyenie.

Shin Hye : Y-Yes. (feeling awkward about him calling her fake name) Anything?

Min Ho : Just wondering whether you have a partner. Otherwise, I thought of partnering with you for the assignment.

Shin Hye : (Look around the lecture hall) I don't have any partner anyway. Yup. Sure. (looking at her watch) Sorry, I got to go now. See you next class. 

Shin Hye left the lecture hall. She is in a rush. Today is Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong's birthday. After she left, Min Ho realized that he didn't manage to get her number. He chased after her. A tall young man appears and he overtakes him. Then, out of sudden, he sees him hugging her from behind. Min Ho turns other way and walks off. 

Min Ho's mind : Ah. Taken. 

Back to Shin Hye. She was shocked and surprised someone hugged her. She turned around. She started laughing.

Shin Hye : YAH!!! You freaked me out!!

Shi-Yoon : Wae? Don't you miss me? (giggling) 

Shin Hye : Ani. 

Shi-Yoon (with pouty lips) : Chincha? Oww... 

Suzy sees someone hugging Shin Hye from behind. She walks towards them.

Suzy : Who is that? Shin Hye. Who is----Ah. You are back!!! (pat on his shoulder) What with the face? (he is still doing the pouty lips)  

Shi-Yoon : Suzy. You are here too? 

Suzy : Deh. (turn to Shin Hye) You just finished? 

Shin Hye : Neh. I need to go back now. Aish. Hope nobody actually see what you did. Gosh. How can you just appeared and back-hugged me. I got a shocked! 

Suzy (laughing) : YAH!! You should stop doing that. What if any of the husband----

Shin Hye (covers and looks at Shi-Yoon) : Let's go. Gaja. 

~~~

(Back in the palace) 

Shi-Yoon : Mueos?! Arranged marriage? 

Shin Hye : Yes. 

Shi-Yoon : I'm so lucky that I'm not next to the throne. Otherwise---

Shin Hye : Let's not talk about that. Why are you back out of the sudden?

Suzy (nervous) : If you are back. Is Gong Ju Hye-Sun back too? 

Shi-Yoon : Wae? (narrow his eyebrow) You still don't like her, don't you? Don't worry. Is only me. I'm doing international studies and required to be back earlier for my assignment. (hugging them) Oh. I forgot. We will be meeting often!!! I will be in the same university as you guys. 

Suzy : Daebak!!! 

Shin Hye : Mueos?! You are younger than us 1 year. How can you be in the same university with us? 

Shi-Yoon : You know you got a smart cousin. Don't get jealous! 

Shin Hye : A-dui. (hand on her forehead) 

~~~ 

Shi-Yoon : Wow. Seriously. You look much better without the spectacles. (chuckles) 

Shin Hye : Aishhh---How can you simply enter my room! What if I'm changing? 

Shi-Yoon : I'm not a ert. Don't worry. (going around her room and exploring) 

Shin Hye : So how Hye-Sun? 

Shi-Yoon : She is good. As usual. So..about your arranged marriage...

Shin Hye : Wae? 

Shi-Yoon : You agree to that? 

Shin Hye : Like what you said before. I have no choice. 

Shi-Yoon : Well, if they don't have that rule. Probably I can help you out. (winks at her) 

Shi-Yoon's mind : That stupid rule. What's wrong with marrying your cousin. Aish. If not Appa, I guess I will be in Seoul. We might be together...

Shin Hye : Ah. Is good that they have that rule! (giving him a big smile) 

Shi-Yoon : Chincha? (gives her a fake smile) 

Shi-Yoon : Oh. Since when you have this? How come I don't have a copy. When was this again? 

Shin Hye (smiling) : Well. 2 years ago. Remember I went over to your place for Christmas. 

Shi-Yoon : When you was at States? Is it the year the Hye-Sun pissed at you for having more presents than her? 

Shin Hye : E-er. Yes. 

Shi-Yoon : I'm going to keep this. (stick out his tongue) 

Shin Hye : Ah-Chincha! 

~~~

(Dinner) 

Shin Hye : Omma. Saengil-chuka. (kiss on her cheek) 

Shi-Yoon : Hwang Ho Ma Ma. Saengil-chuka. This is for you. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Gamsahamida. My dear Gong Ju. (turn to Shi-Yoon) You too. What is this? (looking at the present given by Shi-Yoon) 

Shi-Yoon : Hwang Ho Ma Ma. Open it. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Oh. Is very beautiful. I love it. Thank you. 

Shin Hye (with pouty lips) : YAH!! Shi-Yoon!! 

Shi-Yoon : Wae? 

Shin Hye : You should give your present last. Now Omma is going to like your present more than mine. 

King Lee Shin : Gong Ju. You are still---

Shi-Yoon : Childish!! (laughing) 

Shin Hye : Omma. This is for you. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Let me see what did my dear Gong Ju got me. (open up the present) Teseum? 

 

Shin Hye : Neh. Is limited edition. I know you wanted it very much. 

King Lee Shin : This is what Hwang Ho wanted for the wedding. But I can't seem to find it. Where do you get it? 

Shin Hye : I was lucky. Before I left the States, I met an old lady and found that she collects Teseum. I got these from her. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong hugs her and kiss her on her cheek. She is very happy. 

(After Dinner) 

Shin Hye : I think I started to fall in love with him. 

Suzy : Who? 

Shin Hye : Him. Chris Hemsworth. (showing her the picture of Chris in the magazine) 

Suzy : Ah. I thought you say your future husband. 

Shin Hye : Jebal. I don't even know who is my future husband. B-But today I met someone. 

Suzy (smiling) : Oh. Seem like someone charmed our Gong Ju. 

Shin Hye : YAH!!! 

Suzy : Who is that? 

Shin Hye : I won't tell you. 

Suzy : Just to warn you. You don't have much time. Few months time you will be married. 

Shin Hye : Ahh.. Chincha. Do you have to constantly remind me that! Ara. Ara. 

(At the School Gym) 

Soo-Hyun : You are Princess Shin Hye. Am I right? Do you remember me? 

Shin Hye startled. She is shocked that someone actually recognised her even she disguised. She covers his mouth and drags him to a corner. 

Shin Hye : H-How did you----

Soo-Hyun : KIM SOO-HYUN. I'm KIM SOO-HYUN. Do you remember? 

Shin Hye : K-Kim Soo----SOO-HYUN-ssi? Omo. You still recognised me after so many years? 

Soo-Hyun : Deh. 

Shin Hye : You studied here too? 

Soo-Hyun : Deh. 

Shin Hye : By the way, do you mind keeping a secret for me. Don't reveal my identity? Jebalyo. 

Soo-Hyun : Ara. I won't. 

Shin Hye (smiling) : Gomawo. Ah-How did you recogni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter