The Journey Begins

Goong : Secret Garden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One who wants the crown, bear the crown." 

But is there any choice if one doesn't want the crown? Especially for those that are born to be the one who will wear the crown?

(Palace - His Majesty's room)

King Lee Shin : All of you can excused yourself. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Pyeha. Is there anything you want to tell me? 

King Lee Shin : Deh. Is about our princess, Shin Hye. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : The marriage? 

King Lee Shin : Hm. Shin Hye just back not too long and now I'm arranging this. (lets out a sigh) 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : You worried that she against it? Or you against the idea of having arranged marriage?

King Lee Shin : Don't get me wrong, my love. I'm lucky to have you even though what we had was arranged marriage. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Shin Hye will be the same. Eventually she will fall in love with the one she is married to. And is different, at least there are choices for her. Yours was just me. 

King Lee Shin : I'm glad to have just you as my only choice. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Shin Hye needs to go through this. Is the rules of being a royal. 

King Lee Shin : Probably I should not send her oversea. She might have different thinking about marriage. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Is just 4 years. Shin Hye still having the royal blood. She will understand. Don't worry. (looked into his eyes, she sensed worried) Are you worried about the one that will be marrying our daughter, Shin Hye? 

King Lee Shin nodded. The King is worried that the future husband of Shin Hye will behaves the same way like he did when he first found out that he is arranged to be married with Chae Kyeong. As a crown prince, there is no choice but to follow and obey the rules. King Lee Shin knows that he gave a hard time for Chae Kyeong in the beginning and made her cried a lot, so he will not want the same for Shin Hye. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong continues : Don't worry too much. Don't forget she is my daughter. Like mother like daughter. She will be able to melts the heart of the one that she is going to marry. (cupped his face and plant a kiss on his cheek) 

King Lee Shin (smiles) : Shin Hye is indeed like you. (took out an album) Remembered these? 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Deh. Pyeha still good at photographing. 

King Lee Shin : To capture the beauty of my wife and daughter. (laughing) Both of you always go for the same hairstyles. Sometimes I'm confused which is which. 

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong : Pyeha. (hits the arm)

King Lee Shin : Hwang Ho. You need to change this habit. Shin Hye picks up from you and I can foresee that in the future, my future son-in-law will complaint that to me.

Hwang Ho Chae Kyeong smiling, then she said : I did that because you were trying to sweet talk an old woman here. I'm old now. 

King Lee Shin : In my eyes, you are always beautiful. (kiss on her hand) 

 



(Palace - His Majesty's study room)

Secretary : Your Majesty "Jeoha". They are here.

King Lee Shin : Good. Send them in. 

Three young, tall and handsome men enters the room. They bow and greet the king when they sees him. King Lee Shin asked them to sit down. The King looks at the 3 young men that are now sitting right in front. Then, the King asked. 

King Lee Shin : Do you know what is the reason that three of you are here? (looking at 3 of them) 

Min Ho : Jeoha. Is this about the Princess "GongJu"? (speaking calmly)   King Lee Shin : Yes. I believe the three of you are being informed about the news. Three of you are the candidates of Gong Ju's husband.    Won Bin : Jeoha. Does GongJu knows about this? About the arrangement?    King Lee Shin : No. Not at the moment. (looking at Min Ho and Soo-Hyun) Questions?   Min Ho : Jeoha. Sorry to ask. There are so many princes "HwangTaeJa" around the world, but why us? (paused a while) We are just ordinary people.   King Lee Shin : What you said is true. There are many HwangTaeJa out there but to find the one, probably I just have different opinion.    Soo-Hyun : Jeoha. Will GongJu be informed about this?    King Lee Shin : This is the main reason that three of you are here. GongJu doesn't know about this arrangement and especially she doesn't know about three of you being the candidates. I will let her know when the time is right. But at the moment, no. I had arranged that three of you to be transferred to the same school as Gong Ju. Perhaps before talking about marriage, all of you should get to know each other. I hope the marriage happened because of love, not being forced.    Min Ho, Won Bin and Soo-Hyun : Yes, Jeoha.   

Min Ho is the Son of the Prime Minister. He is the bravest among the other two. He is also very intelligent. For an 19 years old boy, he is really smart and mature. Kim Won Bin, the son of the Lieutenant General. He is also 19 this year. Among the three, King Lee Shin favor Min Ho. This is because King Lee Shin feels that he is more mature compared to the other two. Won Bin is too playful and King Lee Shin fears that he might not be able to take good care of his precious, Shin Hye. For Soo-Hyun, he is too kind, just like Princess Shin Hye. King Lee Shin fears that he can't protects Shin Hye given that being in the Royal Family is not easy. However, King Lee Shin also takes into consideration of their personality: Min Ho - cold and arrogant; Won Bin - cheerful and playful; Soo-Hyun - caring and warm hearted. Is a tough decision for King Lee Shin, but for the sake of Shin Hye's future happiness, King Lee Shin needs to make the choice. However, the final decision still goes to Princess Shin Hye, as King Lee Shin prefers Shin Hye able to be with the one she loves, married to the love one. 

(Palace - GongJuMama's room)

Shin Hye : Omma. 

Ever since King Lee Shin takes over the throne. His Majesty has amended few rules. If is not outside the palace, and not with visitors or royalties, Shin Hye will be addressing them as King Lee Shin as Appa and Hwang Hoo Mama Chae Kyeong as Omma, just like ordinary family. 

Hwang Hoo Mama : Shin Hye. What are you doing? Let me have a good look at you. (turning Shin Hye around) Your face thinner.

Shin Hye : Omma. This is normal. I do look more pretty with it right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter