Chapter 9

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Kyu, how long we will stay at the vacation house?” I asked about his plan to go keep his former employer’s vacation house while we ate our dinner in my room.

“Five days. But if you want to come back earlier is not a problem too, I could easily arrange for other people to come in my place.” Kyuhyun replied. “And we’ll go early tomorrow, how?” He added.

“It’s okay. I’m going to pack before going to bed then.” I said while smiling brightly. I really can’t wait to go with Kyuhyun tomorrow.

“You need help to pack?” Kyuhyun asked again.

“No, I can do it myself. Besides, you still need to pack your own stuff and you need to rest too.” I said.

“Alright then.” Kyuhyun agreed while gently caressing my cheek. “Does it still hurt?” Kyuhyun asked anxiously.

“It’s still a little bit hurt. But it was so much better.” I said while giving him a reassuring smile. “How about you?” I asked back, looking to his cheek.

“It does not hurt at all. You don’t need to think about it.” Kyuhyun said while smiling.

“Okay.” I said softly.

But sorry Kyuhyun…

I still need to know who did it to you and what actually happened and I’m sure I’ll know soon.

 

The Next Day...

I took my favorite ivory hoody and wear it over my light gray t-shirt. When satisfied see my final appearance, I walked out of my walk in closet and not long after that there was a knock on the connecting door.

“Come in, Kyu.” I said while smiling but then I could only stare at Kyuhyun who walked into my bedroom.

I can say this is the first time I saw Kyuhyun fully dressed in casual clothes—he was wearing a white t-shirt, light blue casual jacket and dark blue jeans. He looked handsome wearing casual clothes and I think he would look handsome whatever clothes he was wearing.

“Good morning, Wookie.” Kyuhyun greeted me and kissed my forehead. “I hope it’s okay I wear casual clothes.” Kyuhyun added while smiling.

“Morning Kyu and certainly it’s okay, Kyu. In fact, I would be upset if you act as my butler.” I said while smiling too.

“I would not dare to make you angry.” Kyuhyun said while laughing but then his expression turned into a frown when he staring at me.

“Kyu? There is something wrong?” I asked, confused by the sudden changes.

“No, there is nothing wrong. Are you ready now?” Kyuhyun asked, smiling lovely at me.

“Yup. Let’s go.” I said, excited.

I then immediately took my black backpack also my small luggage that I prepared last night and I literally pull Kyuhyun to where my car was parked because I purposely try avoided my parents that I’m sure were in their bedroom and luckily I managed to reach my car without any other problem. Kyuhyun took my luggage and then put our luggage in the trunk of my car while I opened the door of the front passenger seat and sat there.

“You’ll sit there?” Kyuhyun asked as he arranging our luggage.

“I want to sit next to you. Could I?” I replied while seeing Kyuhyun from rearview mirror.

“It’s okay for me, even I will be happy, but are you sure?” Kyuhyun asked again, looking at me.

“I’m sure. So…?” I asked while looking back with puppy eyes, I know actually what really makes Kyuhyun worry is my parents would give me trouble if they knew.

“Okay.” Kyuhyun finally agreed after a few minutes just looked at me and then he walked to the driver’s seat next to me when he is done arranging our luggage. “You have dangerous puppy eyes, you know?” Kyuhyun said while start driving.

“Actually, I never tried to do it before.” I replied, looking at him.

“Then it’s more dangerous.” Kyuhyun said while smiling.

“I would think your words as a compliment.” I said while chuckling.

“Indeed it is a compliment.” Kyuhyun answered and holding my left hand with his right hand while continuing to drive with his other hand.

We keep holding hands and talking about small things that we previously did not know about each other, like I told him how I could drive a car even though my parents did not allow me to learn to drive a car and Kyuhyun shared his experience when learning to drive a car, and many other things.

“You know, I’ve ever wished that you did not come to work so that Mr. Park remains as my personal butler.” I said, teasing Kyuhyun.

“Do you still think it’s better I don’t come so that Mr. Park remains a your personal butler?” Kyuhyun asked with a chuckle.

“Hmmm... Of course I’m glad you came because otherwise I would not meet someone who can make me know the feeling of falling in love. But I’m also sad to be parting with Mr. Park, because he is the only father figure for me for many years.” I answered honestly.

“You miss Mr. Park?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah. Although I sometimes still can talk on the phone but still sometimes I want to meet him.” I said while looking at the scenery outside.

“If you want we can go visit Mr. Park before we return to Seoul later.” Kyuhyun said casually.

“Seriously??” I asked with disbelief tone, immediately look at Kyuhyun.

“Of course I’m serious.” Kyuhyun said with a smile.

“Thank you, Kyu!” I said excitedly. “Oh! But I can’t see Mr. Park when I still have bruise on my face, I don’t want to worry him.” I added when reminded of bruise on my face.

“I see, then you just need to tell me on the future and I’ll definitely accompany you to visit Mr. Park.” Kyuhyun said.

“Okay. Once again thank you, Kyu. By the way I—” I stopped talking when suddenly my smartphone rang.

“Who?” Kyuhyun asked when I just stared at my phone which still ringing.

“I don’t know. From unknown number.” I said while frowned.

“Hello?” In the end I answer that phone call because the caller is very persistent although after I ignore the first call, but then I soon regretted my decision.

“I want you to cancel your stupid plan and immediately returned to Seoul right now.”

“How do you know my number and knew about my plans?” I asked Jae Hwa with irritated voice. “Wait. I think I know. You know all of that from my parents, right? Then you know I will not do what you want. I’m not going back to Seoul until the next few days.” I added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter