Chapter 6

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

During the class I could not focus on the lesson and I'm also not sure of the answer that I wrote in the paper test at the end of class. When I came out of my class I still have to face two confessions of love that I rejected immediately. I felt very tired not only physically but also mentally. Everything is so wrong today and now I have to face Kyuhyun. I slowly walked to the parking lot and from a distance I could see Kyuhyun waiting for me like what he did usually.

“I have to go to the mall to buy a gift for Sun Hi before we went to the orphanage.” I said without looking directly at Kyuhyun.

“Are you sure to go to the orphanage, Ryeowook? I know today is an important day but is it not better you rest for today?” Kyuhyun asked in a worried tone.

“I am fine.” I said stubbornly. “I have to go. How could I not go when today is Sun Hi birthday? Also the only place that could make me feels better now just over there.” I said while leaning my head to the car seat and then closed my eyes, trying to recharge some energy also somehow to avoid Kyuhyun.

 

When we reached the mall, I told Kyuhyun to wait for me in the car because I just need to buy a gift for Sun Hi and it will not take a long time. But when I look around at the gift shop from the corner of my eye, I accidentally saw Kyuhyun’s figure watching me from a distance.

Why Kyuhyun do that? I've told him to wait for me in the car and as my butler he should do what I say and don’t take things too far. Although from a distance and only from the corner of my eyes, I could see his worried expression but then he should not be too concerned about me, he just needs to do what I tell him. He had to stop caring about me or I could not keep my feelings towards him in front of him and my attempts to stay away would be useless.

I walked back to my car after I finished buying gifts for Sun Hi and some books for myself. When I got to where my car was, Kyuhyun was ready beside the passenger door. I got into the car and put the gifts that I bought at my side and did not say a word to Kyuhyun about I saw him at the mall, because I was afraid if I talked about it in the end Kyuhyun will ask why it had become a problem and I'm afraid my feelings will be revealed.

Along the way to the orphanage somehow I could feel Kyuhyun stares at me through the rearview mirror. I did not dare lift up my head though and keep on reading the new book I bought at the mall. And fortunately there was no traffic jam so that we reach the orphanage quickly.

“Ryeowook, can I speak something to you?” Kyuhyun asked when he opened the passenger door for me; once again he was blocking my way out of the car like what he did when we arrived at my university this afternoon. The only difference is now he is standing in my way.

I had no choice and there is no other way to escape now. And I do the wrong move too—I looked to Kyuhyun directly. Now I'm trapped in his gaze that makes my heart pounding—half because that's what usually happens, half of it because I was nervous and worried about what I should do now—and felt the usual warm feeling that I try to ignore now.

“Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun calling my name softly when I did not answer his question.

“I—”

“Wook Oppa! Finally you come!!” Sun Hi who suddenly appeared saved me from having to answer Kyuhyun's question and make Kyuhyun stepped back and I could get out of the car to meet with the birthday girl.

“Happy birthday dear..” I said as I hugged her after I walked out of the car. “I brought a present for you.” I added as I give a gift that has been wrapped beautifully.

“Another gift?? I think the big cake that you give is a gift from you for me.” Sun Hi said with excited, her eyes sparkled when receiving my gift for her.

“Of course, the cake was not the only gift Sun Hi.. We will eat delicious dinner together later too.” I said while Sun Hi’s hair.

“Wow! Come on!! We better get inside so we can begin my birthday party immediately.. We are all waiting for you and Kyuhyun oppa come.” Sun Hi said while pulling me with her to inside the orphanage.

When we went inside everybody was standing around the table where the big pink cake that I had ordered since last week placed. Candle with number 7 shape has been placed on top of the cake and also some colorful candles placed around it to make the cake more beautiful. We sang happy birthday and then Sun Hi make a wish and blow out the candles. For the first cake Sun Hi takes a long time for decide to whom she will give the cake and at the end she quietly said first cake was hers that immediately brought laughter to all of us. At 7 o'clock the food I ordered arrived and all the kids happily eat it and for Sun Hi I also order a bowl of seaweed soup.

All the time with the kids, I could feel Kyuhyun’s eyes on me. I'm not 100% sure knows what he wants to talk to me, but I believe I better avoid talking to him. So when Sun Hi ask me to play a few songs with piano I gladly agreed and went to the small room which Mrs. Nam turn it into a music room.

 

“Oppa.. Are you and Kyuhyun oppa were quarreling?” Sun Hi asked suddenly with worried tone.

I stopped playing the piano when I heard Sun Hi’s question. I'm glad we were alone in the music room or I can’t imagine the noise and the problems I will face if the other kids heard Sun Hi’s question.

“Why do you ask Sun Hi?” I asked back after a few minutes only look to her who is now standing next to me—before Sun Hi sitting on the sofa next to the piano.

“Because you look sad and Kyuhyun oppa looks in trouble. You both did not speak to each other as usual too. Can’t you just forgive each other and back as before? Or I could ask Kyuhyun oppa to apologize first to you.” Sun Hi said while climbing up the piano chair to sit beside me.

“The problem is not that simple and Kyuhyun not on the wrong side. It is because of me and I don’t know if I could back as before.” I said quietly. Feel the pain of my unrequited love.

“Cheer up Oppa.. I know you can solve this problem and get back as before.” Sun Hi said while wrapping her small hands around my neck.

“Thank you Sun Hi. I hope I can b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter