Chapter 5

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

I immediately get a bad feeling. Just me and Jae Hwa? Why Aboji think I would be willing to go on a date with Jae Hwa? Why does he look so sure I would do it? Aboji definitely have something in mind.

“I can’t go with him. I have a class at 2 p.m. and I could not pass that class, because if I missed I would have failed in that subject.” I said calmly. Or rather, I tried to pretend calm while panic began to spread rapidly inside me.

“He will come here at ten o’clock and then go for lunch with you, so you don’t have a reason to not to go. You have enough time for a date with Jae Hwa and even if you end up late for class and fail I don’t really care as long as you accompany Jae Hwa.” Aboji said coldly and turned to leave my bedroom. “And I warn you not to do anything stupid or leave him alone like what you are doing at the last party or there will be punishment.” Aboji added and slammed my bedroom door.

My mind is a mess right now. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I want to throw the clothes into the trash or better ripped the clothes and threw it into Jae Hwa’s face.

“Ryeowook, stop.” Kyuhyun said while loosen my hands that tightly clenched. “You will hurt your own hands.” He added when checking out the palm of my hand that now has some red nail finger marks. Kyuhyun looks worried and so that makes me not to do that again he entwines our fingers.

“I did not realize I was doing it.” I said softly, Kyuhyun’s gentle touch always brings calmness to me like what is happening now while my heart rate increases. And we remain at we were without saying anything for some time.

“I’ll take a shower now.” I said, with a heavy heart let go of Kyuhyun’s hand. Then I took the paper bag and walked into the bathroom.

“You will go?” Kyuhyun asked; surprised that I was so easily obey what my Aboji want.

“I must go. Not that I want to do this of course, but I can’t help but obeyed for now. But I also don’t know how I could survive alone with Jae Hwa.” I said desperately, stopped walking right in front of the bathroom door.

“Don’t worry Ryeowook, I will follow you and protect you even though only from afar.” Kyuhyun say with certainty.

I look back to Kyuhyun and the question that bothers me almost slipped out of my lips—my question about whether he did this because he was my personal maid or because he liked me—but I bite my lower lip before I had a chance to ask that question and just nodded and entered the bathroom.

 

When I look into myself who wore clothes from Jae Hwa in the mirror, I cursed silently. Inside the paper bag there are gray low-cut v neck t-shirt, white jacket and tight black jeans. It is not suitable for lunch, it’s like I would go to a nightclub. I had to replace this t-shirt with my own t-shirt. I really regret not bring other clothes beside the clothes from Jae Hwa, now I really need to get a t-shirt on my walk in closet. I sigh and reluctantly walked out of the bathroom.

I stepped out of the bathroom and immediately wanted to go back into the bathroom when I saw Kyuhyun reaction when he saw me. I rarely blushing but I know now my face turned as red as a tomato. But can I say from how Kyuhyun see me and how his eyes turned darker that he has an interest in me?

“Ehmm.. Sorry Ryeowook but I thought the clothes were too se—hmm I mean would not be suitable for your class later.” Kyuhyun said after clearing his throat and he avoided looking directly into me.

“I know and I would not dare to go out with Jae Hwa while wearing something like this.” I said while quickly walking to walk in closet, trying to hide my red face.

 

It’s already 10:48 and Jae Hwa is still not here yet. I hope this is a sign that the date will be canceled but before my hopes could really growing, one of the maid appeared in the living room where I waited and told me Jae Hwa has arrived and is now waiting for me in his car.

“Ryeowook, why you don’t wear a t-shirt that I gave you?” Jae Hwa asked when I got into his car and he saw me wearing my own t-shirt. It was his first words after making me wait more than half an hour; not say sorry and did not even say any proper greeting.

“The t-shirt does not fit me.” I said while trying to keep my patience.

“Ah? Really? I think you’d look great if you wear that t-shirt, is a pity the t-shirt did not fit. But let’s forget about it and we better go now before we late for lunch.” Jae Hwa said and tells the driver to start driving.

Does he not realize that he was the one who late? And if now we were late for lunch it was his fault.

“Actually Jae Hwa, I’ve been waiting since about half an hour ago.” I said, clenching my right hand but then remembered Kyuhyun’s words so I loosened my hand and just put my hand over my bag that I put in my lap.

“Can’t be helped, I’m busy lately, I have to take care of my business with caution. You’re lucky I can arrange my busy schedule to get a little time to spare.” Jae Hwa said dramatically.

I turned to the window and rolled my eyes when I heard his words, he did not even regret making people wait and he did not realize that I was glad he did not have time to bother me. So the opposite of feeling lucky, now I feel very unlucky.

Jae Hwa then talks about other things but I don’t really listen to him and continued to look out the car window, I’m more interested to see the road that we passed. But then suddenly I stiffened when I felt my right hand held and pulled until I turned to face Jae Hwa’s direction.

“Wh—”

“Don’t you miss me, Ryeowook? I’m really sad to not be able to contact you.” Jae Hwa said seriously before I could say anything.

I just look to Jae Hwa, quite surprised when I heard his words. But then only that, just surprised. Not feeling warm feeling like what I usually feel toward Kyuhyun and my heart rate remained normal. And what should I say in reply?

“Where are we going?” I asked, avoid answering the question and try to change the subject. I also tried to pull my hand but Jae Hwa tightens his grip.

“My favorite restaurant. They have a very tasty meat steak. If you don’t make a reservation then don’t expect to be able to eat there.” Jae Hwa said.

“I see.” I muttered quietly. I hope we will soon arrive at the restaurant so Jae Hwa will soon be freed my hands. My uncomfortable feeling inside me growing every minute that I spent with Jae Hwa.

Fortunately, a few minutes afterwards we arrived at the restaurant Jae Hwa talking about and now my suffering is almost halfway over. We went into the restaurant and a waiter immediately showed the table that had been booked by Jae Hwa. The waiter gave us a book of food menu and waiting for us to make the order.

I frowned when without asking my permission; suddenly Jae Hwa decided the food and drinks that I will order.

“Can’t I choose what I want for lunch?” I asked sharply, began to lose my patience because Jae Hwa always acts arrogant and never respect my wishes.

“I chose the best from the menu here; you don’t have to choose it.” Jae Hwa said calmly.

“It is not about what is best but what I prefer and what would I like. And maybe it is best for you but not for me.” I explained.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter