Chapter 10

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

“Uuh..There is no specific reason but I’m just not in the mood to play the piano.” I answered Kyuhyun’s questions without daring to look directly at him. “By the way Kyu, I want to see the garden. You said the garden was beautiful around this time.” I added, trying to change the topic of our talks.

“Isn’t it because of this? What happens to your right wrist?” Kyuhyun asked, grabbing my right elbow at the same time completely ignoring my efforts to change the topic.

“I don’t understand what you mean.” I said while trying to let go of my hand but Kyuhyun not want to let go of my hand, even he pulled down my cardigan sleeve to reveal my swollen wrist that I try to hide all day long.

“This is what I mean. What happened actually?” Kyuhyun said while looking at me very intently while I could only bite my lower lip, feeling bad because I hide this problem and don’t know how to explain it to Kyuhyun.

“It is because of your parents, right?” Kyuhyun asked.

I weakly nodded and I could feel Kyuhun tensed, I was secretly look at him and Kyuhyun looks so angry.

“Besides hurting your wrist and cheek, what else they do?” Kyuhyun asked, in a low voice.

“Eh??! Wait..How..how can you know?” I asked, surprised that he knew about my cheek while I was already fully covering the red mark this morning.

“Even though you’ve covered it with makeup somehow I could still see it.” Kyuhyun said while leading me to sit on the couch.

Kyuhyun looked like he wanted to say something else to me, but then he just sighed and told me to wait for him. Not long after that, he walked back with carry a first aid box and still without saying anything he opened the box and took a bandage from the box before gently grabbing my right hand.

“What happened exactly?” Kyuhyun asked as he began to wrap my wrist with the bandage.

“Uumm...Actually this morning I went to see my parents and I told them about my plan to go for a few days. They told me they did not allow me to go and I answered I told them not to ask permission and I will still continue as what I want no matter what they say. I then walked away immediately as my original plan to leave immediately but Aboji holds my wrist and pulled me back violently.”

“I ask my Aboji to let go of my hand but he does not seem to have intention to let go my hand, instead he tightened his grip on my wrist while threatening me to cancel my plans. I refused and tried to pull my hand but at the same time my Aboji still tighten his grip until I began to feel pain in my right wrist which makes me yell at Aboji that what he did all this time is just always hurt me. I don’t remember clearly but what I knew I had fallen and—” I stopped talking when suddenly Kyuhyun stiffened and stopped moving. I can only biting my lip while anxiously waiting for Kyuhyun’s reaction.

“And what about your cheek?” Kyuhyun asked as he began to resume bandaged my wrist again after a few seconds he was silent. And although he looked very calm but somehow I could feel that he was really angry.

“I..It because...” I stammered answer while Kyuhyun who finished bandage my wrist, now gently holding my chin and tilt my face to see more clearly my right cheek. He began to observe my cheek while quietly waiting for me to answer the question.

“Uuh…. It..It was because I said to Eommonim not to repeat what he did to you.” I whispered the answer; don’t dare say it out loud.

“Wookie.... Don’t tell me the reason you carelessly go meet with your parents because you are in a condition really angry and the reason you are angry because you know your Eommonim slap me??” Kyuhyun asked with disbelief tone while he gently cupped my cheek with the palm of his hands until made me looked straight into him.

I don’t know what I should answer to Kyuhyun but when I averted my eyes and did not answer, Kyuhyun immediately known while I immediately felt my heart clenched with guilt and a mixture of worry and fear what Kyuhyun felt about me. I know I was wrong with acting when I was in anger after hearing from one of the maid what Eommonim do to Kyuhyun, but then I could not help myself. I was really angry when I heard Eommonim slaps Kyuhyun not only once but twice just because Kyuhyun prohibit Eommonim see me when I fell asleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter