Chapter 13

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook's POV

I look at myself in the mirror inside the bathroom and could only sigh softly when I see how obvious I just crying; my eyes red also swollen and that’s why impossible Kyuhyun will not realize my condition unless I could have slipped into bed before he sees me. That’s the only way that can thought by me for now, so I take a moment to listening to a sound from bedroom direction and after making sure not hear any sound from the bedroom that I assume as I was safe to go out because Kyuhyun still not returned to the bedroom, I took a deep breath and braced myself to open the bathroom door and stepped out from the bathroom.

I just took a few steps out of the bathroom when I realized Kyuhyun actually was in the bedroom—from my peripheral vision I could see his figure leaning against the wall near the bathroom door—and I don’t know how long he stood there and before I could react nor think to say anything to him, Kyuhyun already hugged me from behind—wrap me with his big hands without saying anything to me. What Kyuhyun is doing and the warmth of hugs given by him instantly brings me on the edge of crying—I could feel the tears sting my eyes and I could only bite my lower lip trying to hold back my tears.

“I am with you. I told you, you could lean on me.” Kyuhyun whispered. Kyuhyun’s words finally made my tears flow out freely and sobs slipped out of my lips. Without saying anything else, Kyuhyun turned me around and he gently pulled me back into his arms when I was crying in his chest.

Actually I hated myself that so weak and so easy to cry now but then deep down in my heart I know I let myself be weak because now I have Kyuhyun beside me and I could lean on him. I don’t know how nor why I could think to hide the fact that I was crying and how I was hurt and saddened by what happened with my parents from Kyuhyun firstly.

I clutching Kyuhyun shirt in the back side, which certainly made his shirt wrinkled, while I’m buried my face in his chest more deeply. “Sorry Kyu...” I whispered when I finally calmed down after who knows how long I cried.

Kyuhyun did not say anything and just slightly pulled away to cup my face between his warm palms as he tilted my head so he could see my face directly.

“Wookie...” Kyuhyun gently call my name after observing me.

“Yes?” I whispered, hesitantly looked at him.

“Can you do something for me?” Kyuhyun asked. “Could you please take a rest?” Kyuhyun added after I answered his first question with a slight nod.

“I..I don’t think I could, Kyu..” I said weakly. To be honest I did feel tired mentally and physically and needed to rest but although I felt very tired, my mind was too full of what happened today that definitely made me not be able to rest.

“Just try it, please?” Kyuhyun begged me that made me agreed to try to rest because I did not want to make Kyuhyun more worry than what already seen so clearly on his face.

“Then I’ll leave you alone so you can change into your pajamas.” Kyuhyun said as he took off his arms from around me.

I felt panic increases in myself when heard Kyuhyun said he would leave me alone, but before I could ask him to not leave me alone, Kyuhyun had explained he would only shower in the bathroom that immediately made me feel relieved. After explaining to me, Kyuhyun then disappears into the bathroom while I was wearing pajamas that Kyuhyun has been set up on the bed and then lying in the bed—closed my eyes and tried to sleep but the sleepiness has not come to me.

A few minutes later I heard the bathroom door open and then I could feel the bed sloping slightly—a sign Kyuhyun sat on the edge of the bed—and I opened my eyes as he my hair softly and I look directly at him.

“Still can’t sleep?” Kyuhyun asked gently and I nodded. “Want me to sing lullabies for you?”

“Is it okay?” I asked Kyuhyun back.

“Of course it’s okay.”

I slowly closed my eyes again when Kyuhyun started singing and focus my mind on how calm his voice and how gently Kyuhyun my hair—makes me feel calm and safe. I don’t know what song Kyuhyun sang for me and I lost count of time until slowly I feel myself drifting away but then I immediately woke up and opened my eyes when I feel Kyuhyun got up. I held Kyuhyun’s wrist to make him stay—make Kyuhyun surprised because he thought I was asleep.

“Kyu..I...Could..Could you stay here with me?” I pleaded to Kyuhyun.

“You want me to sleep here with you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes..If...Emm..Is that troublesome for you? If you can’t, that’s okay, Kyu.” I said quickly and immediately release Kyuhyun’s arm—feeling bad because I kept making Kyuhyun worry and make today difficult for him as well.

“Please shifted slightly to the side.” Kyuhyun said while sat on the bed and smiled gently at me.

I then move aside to make room for Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun slipped under the blanket—lying right next to me.

“Wookie, you know for me you will never be a burden or bother me. So don’t ever feel bad or hesitant to say anything or ask me anything.” Kyuhyun said while locking his eyes with my eyes.

I am lost for words and felt myself on the edge of crying again because heard Kyuhyun’s words but then for the first time tonight I can smile—although only a weak smile—and nod while whispered thanks to him.

“Now let us sleep, okay?” Kyuhyun said while pulling me into his arms.

“Okay.” I said while curled up on his chest and closed my eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter