Chapter 17

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that precious and unforgettable day somehow everything gets very busy―I have to face the final exam of the semester while Kyuhyun is busy with his job, he even had to go for two weeks for overseas business trips. In the first week he went abroad, I had to focus on studying for my exams and was also busy helping the children in the orphanage who would take the exam at their school as well, so I could get through pretty well and the time went by normally. But that does not mean I don’t miss Kyuhyun―I really miss him even though Kyuhyun keep contacting me, sometimes when he can, he contact me with a video call or sometimes just call me and if he can’t call me, he will send me a message. But still it feels different when we meet face to face every day.

In the second week of Kyuhyun business trip, the university exam is over and the university is on holiday and so is my part time job and even Sun Hi has to go with other kids to celebrate their holiday. Therefore I feel like time is moving very slowly and I feel very bored and lonely. I tried to fill my time by taking care of the garden and I also tried to plant roses in one corner of the garden, I also shop for groceries and buy ingredients to make cookies. For two full days I learned to make cookies and fill every jar in the house and also the jars I bought when I bought groceries and ingredients for cookies. On Friday I tried to find something else to keep me busy and in the end I decided to clean the house.

I am in the middle of tidying up the bedroom when I see my dead phone in the nightstand drawer. All this time, I used smartphone that Kyuhyun give me and I almost completely forgot my own phone until now. I hesitated for a moment with what I had to do and after deciding that I did not want to hide from my parents or Jae Hwa, I was charging my smartphone. I want to make things clear and I want my new life with Kyuhyun not overshadowed by my problems with my parents and also with Jae Hwa. But even though I decided to face them when they contacted me, there was still a part of me that was afraid when I my smartphone after my phone’s battery is fully charged.

I checked my phone and there was one voice message for me. I then listen to voicemail on my smartphone....

“Wookie.. This is Siwon.. Please call me back if you can.” Siwon hyung said in an anxious voice and then his voicemail is over.

I immediately felt guilty to Siwon Hyung and immediately called him back.

“Hello, Siwon Hyung.”

“Wookie!! Are you okay?” Siwon Hyung asked.

“I’m fine Hyung, how about you?” I asked back.

“I’m fine; you make me worry by disappearing like that.”

“Sorry Hyung and sorry to bother you and the peace of your family, hopefully you and Liu Wen Noona are fine..” I said with guilt to Siwon Hyung.

“Don’t worry, I know this is the plan of your parents and I have discussed it with my parents and we have explained to your parents that we can’t accept their offer. Liu Wen also understands and our relationship is going well. You don’t have to feel bad about it.” Siwon Hyung said.

“Glad to hear that, Hyung.” I said, relieved.

“Oh by the way Wookie, there’s something weird with your parents.. When we declined their offer they could take it too easily and then I overheard them discussing you when I went to the parking lot. I can’t clearly understand what they are talking about but they talk about the investigation being done perfectly and also you will now bring the money and also the wealth they want.”

“What? What do they mean by the completed investigation? What are they investigating? And what do they mean I will bring wealth to them? I can’t give them what they want and I don’t want to. That’s also why I have not lived with them now and live with Kyuhyun. I’m not related to the people who will benefit my parents.” I said, confused.

“I am also confused and I can’t listen any further because they are aware of my presence.” Siwon Hyung said with regret.

“It’s okay Hyung and thank you for the information.”

“You’re welcome, Wookie and be careful. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need help.” Siwon Hyung said.

“Okay.. Once again thank you Hyung. Take care yourself too.. Bye..” I said and then I disconnected the phone call and immediately fell deep into my mind.

What do my parents want now? How can they said that I will give them money and wealth? I’m not with someone who is rich and is not that why they rejected me? Don’t they not need me anymore? And now when they think I will bring wealth to them, which I still don’t understand from where I will give them the wealth they want, then they will regard me as their child again? I really mean nothing to them and my absence does not change their mind at all.

I smile sadly when I realize I’m still unconsciously hoping they will change when I know I should not expect and also it turns out my effort to try to give up hope on them did not succeed. And this is why I have to make everything clear between me and them. Maybe I should meet my parents for the last time, but I have to discuss it first with Kyuhyun.

I then glanced at my phone from Kyuhyun and there was no sign Kyuhyun contacted me. Today Kyuhyun still has not contacted me at all and I feel sad and lonely but then I know he may be so busy and I don’t want to bother him just because I want to hear his voice. I also just need to wait patiently for him back in two days―even though those two days will feel like years. I sighed and to distract myself, I continued to tidy up the bedroom and then take a long warm bath.

 

What should I make for my dinner? I thought as I wrapped a towel around my waist and took another towel to dry my hair. I am too lazy to make something complicated because there is no one beside me who will eat and actually I also don’t have too much appetite now. Maybe something simple to eat, I thought as I walked out of the bathroom and instantly froze and forgot about dinner and even unknowingly dropped the towel I initially used to dry my hair.

“I’m not hallucinating right?” I whispered, staring in disbelief at Kyuhyun who was standing near the bed―a dark blue jacket now lying on the bed and his luggage was next to the nightstand table.

Kyuhyun just smiled at me and walked to front me without saying anything. He then pulled me into his arms and kissed my lips gently.

“Am I feeling real now?” Kyuhyun asked me, smiling and his hand on my back, caressing my bared back gently―sending a delicious shiver on my spine.

“Mnmm..” I nodded as I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly―let out my longing.

“I miss you.” I said, pulling away and cupping his face between my palms―looking at him to my heart’s content.

“I miss you too and sorry to make you lonely.” Kyuhyun said, kissed one of my palms and then pulled me to kiss my lips.

This kiss was not as gentle as the kiss before because this time we poured our longing into this kiss. Kyuhyun nibbled my lower lip and I opened my mouth to bring our tongues together. Our tongues immediately danced together and Kyuhyun’s hands starts exploring my until he reach my waist where a towel is wrapped around me, Kyuhyun then casually and slowly removes the towel―makes me completely . Meanwhile my hands are busy opening one by one buttons on the white shirt Kyuhyun wear and after I got off his shirt Kyuhyun pulled me up―I put my arms around Kyuhyun’s neck and wrapped my legs around his waist―then Kyuhyun walked over to the bed as he held me and kept kissing me.

We spent every minute of that night to fill the emptiness that we feel during the 12 days  apart.

 

The Next Morning...

“Are you trying to become a pâtissier?” Kyuhyun asked me while trying one of the cookies I made after he put the coffee beans into the coffee maker.

“No, I’m not.” I said with a chuckle. “I’m just trying to make it to fill my spare time.” I added while mixing ingredients to make pancakes.

“But if you want, I think you really can be a pâtissier.. This cookie you made tastes good.” Kyuhyun said, chewing another cookie.

“Thank you..” I smiled, happy. “By the way, why you did not say your work was done earlier than scheduled t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter