Chapter 3

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

How can Kyuhyun know I hurt when I did not tell him? I tried to remember if I said it when I was drunk, while still looking at the neat bandage that wrapped around my left wrist, but I could not focus because of the headaches that I feel right now.

And then I heard a soft knock on the connecting door.

"Come in Kyuhyun-shii. I was awake." I said.

Kyuhyun walk in while bring a tray, he walk to my right bed side and place the tray in my lap.

"What is this?" I asked when I see two cups of drink.

"Its green tea and ginger tea, you can choose which one you prefer. Then there was a scramble eggs and sunny side up eggs with asparagus also banana for the fruit. All of it is the food and drinks that can help your hangover and reduce headaches for being drunk." Kyuhyun explained.

"Oh. Okay... Thank you to prepare all of this. Also thank you for treating my wrist." I said with a smile.

"You're welcome Ryeowook-shii."

"By the way Kyuhyun-shii, today I don’t have class so I will rest for a while after breakfast but later we will go to buy food for dinner tonight. So for now you can rest too." I said to Kyuhyun.

"Okay Ryeowook-shii, don’t forget to eat and drink the tea.. You can call me when you're ready to go." Kyuhyun said and then slightly bent down before he walked back to his room.

And I could only stare at his figure that walking back to his room. Confused with a warm feeling in my heart that can easily arise when I was with him.

 

"What? I'm not wrong heard, right?" I asked Ms. Nam to repeat the news she had just let me know. Now we are sitting in her office after we were finished with our dinner with all the children.

"I know, it sounds crazy, and I also don’t believe suddenly someone donated ₩ 1,000,000 to this place." Ms. Nam said.

"But who are the person who donate that money?" I asked confused.

"I don’t know. I'm trying to check out who are the people who give the donations but I could not find who it was. And I get a note that person will donate every month." Ms. Nam said with amazement.

"It's very strange, but with that much of money you can repair and maintain this place; also you can build some new rooms.” I said happy.

"Yes, that's right. I think I should feel grateful and not think too much about who it was." Ms. Nam said. "By the way I heard this Saturday ten richest family would gather at the annual party."

"Yes, and I have to think of the right reasons so that I could not come to the party."

"I really wanted to meet with the number one richest man in Seoul, because there is news that he's really handsome, but I also heard he was in another country until a few coming years." Ms. Nam said.

"I don’t care about that, and you have to remember you are going to get married next month so don’t think about how handsome the number one." I said to .

"Eeeyy, I just want to know who is the number one, because no one knows about him."

I just chuckled when I heard the answer from Ms. Nam. After that we talked about Sun Hi and other children. Time passes by so quickly and I just realized that now already 9:30. I leave Ms. Nam’s office and look for Kyuhyun’s presence so that we can get back to my house.

After searching for him for some time, I finally found Kyuhyun. I slowly and quietly approached him to see what he was doing with Sun Hi and other children. And it turns out Kyuhyun is teaching the children about simple math. He patiently explained the answer of Sun Hi’s question until Sun Hi finally understands.

"Thank you, oppa. I understand now." Sun Hi said cheerfully while looking at Kyuhyun.

"You are welcome Sun Hi." Kyuhyun said, smiling as he ruffled Sun Hi’s hair.

See the interaction between them makes me feel the warmth in my heart but somehow the warmth feels a little different than before.

"Ryeowook-shii? Do you want to go home now?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked, bringing me back from my own thought.

"Ah... Yes... I want to go home now." I told Kyuhyun and then I give my farewell to Sun Hi and the other children.

 

When I reached home it was already almost 11 a night. I wanted immediately to go to my bedroom, but I can’t because Aboji called me when I walked through the living room.

"What are you doing up this late?" Aboji asked.

"Just take a stroll after I finished the class." I replied.

"Make sure you don’t do something that would give a bad impact on our family name and Jae Hwa’s family name. And I want to remind you that on Saturday you have to go to accompany Jae Hwa. I don’t want to hear any reason from you like what you used to do when you don’t come to the previous party." Aboji said firmly.

I feel numb when I hear Aboji’s words. I also feel pain in my heart when I hear the cold tone of Aboji despite I supposed to accustom to that because he's been always like this.

"On Saturday Jae Hwa will come here to pick you up. You will go with him." Aboji added.

And I panicked at the thought I had to go alone just with Jae Hwa. I don’t know him.

"I will go to the party but I want to go alone. Kyuhyun could accompany me and I was able to meet with Jae Hwa at the gathering place." I said while looking to Aboji.

Aboji just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter