Chapter 14

Can't Buy My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook's POV

I am very happy Kyuhyun proposes to me but at the same time I was surprised about this marriage proposal too. It’s very sudden but I know I love him and I will be more than happy if I can be together with him for the rest of my life.

“Wookie?” Kyuhyun calling my name while my cheek when I was just biting my lower lip to hold the answers to agree to his proposal that would leave my lips.

“I...I can’t Kyu. Sorry...” I whispered softly.

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked in a calm voice but in his eyes I could see he was hurt because of my rejection and see he was hurt made me feel pain too.

“It’s not because I don’t believe you love me or don’t believe you will be able to make me happy. I know you love me and all this time the person who gave me happiness is you.” I said while putting my hand on his hand that still touching my cheek.

“Then why? I know you love me, too.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Yes, I love you Kyu. But then for now I can’t accept your marriage proposal.” I said, feeling the pain from my own rejection over his proposal because actually I really wanted to accept his proposal.

“If for now you can’t, it’s okay Wookie and I’ll wait for you. I know this is really sudden for you and maybe you are not ready, especially after all what happened. I apologize and don’t feel bad. It’s not your fault, okay? So don’t cry.” Kyuhyun said softly, wiping the tears that I myself was not aware flowing downs my cheeks.

“Sorry Kyu.. I’m sorry...” I whispered the words over and over again even though I know that words can’t help erase or heal the pain that I caused in Kyuhyun’s hearts and can’t reduce the pain and sadness in my heart as well.

Kyuhyun asked me to stop apologizing to him and say that this is not my fault but I kept apologizing to him until at the end Kyuhyun shut me by locking his lips with my lips. He kissed me gently but managed to take my breath and made me stop apologizing because I need to catch my breath at the same time stop the tears that still flow from my eyes.

“No more apologizing, okay?” Kyuhyun said.

I just nodded and fell silent—not sure how to deal with Kyuhyun after what I had just done. I feel so bad because I hurt Kyuhyun and I can’t do anything if my rejection would make him being cold to me. To be honest I was so scared he would stay away from me and—

“Don’t worry and don’t need to think too much about this.” Kyuhyun said as if he knew what I was thinking. “Now wash your face first while I’ll prepare breakfast.” Kyuhyun added, smiling softly.

“Umm.. Can I who cooking for breakfast?” I said hesitantly.

“You want to cook for breakfast?” Kyuhyun asked back.

“Mhm..” I nodded.

“Okay, then I’ll prepare coffee and waiting for you in the kitchen. Oh, and the kitchen was not far from this room, you just need to turn left after you walk out of this room.” Kyuhyun said, gently my hair before getting up and walking out of the room.

I wash my face in the bathroom and then after that I went straight to the kitchen and soon I was greeted by the scent of coffee that is brewed by Kyuhyun.

“Your coffee.” Kyuhyun said while give me a cup of coffee.

“Thank you.” I said and took a sip of coffee that was made perfectly matches my taste.

“What do you want to eat for breakfast, Kyu?” I asked as I checked the contents of the refrigerator after finished drinking the coffee.

“Something simple is okay. I think there is not much ingredients there.”

“I thought about making a cheese omelet. How?” I asked, looking at Kyuhyun—he act as usual towards me and this made me a little relieved though still I feel guilty about hurting him.

“Sounds good.” Kyuhyun said while leaning on the counter.

Then I started preparing the ingredients to make a cheese omelet. I chop the tomatoes and onions into small cubes and chop the leek into small pieces and frying all of it with a little oil for a while before putting it into a bowl and set up some eggs to be mixed with ingredients in the bowl.

“Why do you keep looking at me?” I asked Kyuhyun, who is still standing near me when I put salt and pepper into the bowl.

“Because this is the first time I saw you cook even though I already know you can cook and I can’t wait to eat food that you cook.” Kyuhyun said with a small smile on his lips.

“There is almost no chance before, so I rarely cook. But now I have the opportunity so of course I would be happy if I could cook for you. And maybe after many years later you will get bored with the food I cook because I too often cook for you.” I said while smiling.

“Maybe. But I don’t think I’d get bored.” Kyuhyun said while smiling brightly, suddenly looked happy and seemed relieved about something but I am not sure what the reason. “By the way, are you going to go to university today?” Kyuhyun added before I could ask him what made him look so happy and relieved.

“Yes, and I think if possible I want to visit orphanages and shop for groceries as well.” I said while pouring the egg in the frying pan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter