The "A" word

We Are One

“Was it really necessary to call my brother?” Aira asked her principal.

“Ms Kim, you punched one of your classmate” He pointed out.

Aira scoffed “I had a good reason to punch that stupid brat”

Mr Choi sighed “But you won’t tell me the reason”

Aira shook her head. “That is between me and her”

“Well then I can’t help you”

There was a knock on the door, Mr Choi’s assistant popped her head in. “Sir, Mr Kim is here”

Mr Choi nodded his head “Send him in”

Aira gulped as she watched her brother enter who looked at her. Aira smiled sheepishly before waving her right hand. Xiumin simply shook his head and walked towards the principal.

“Hello Mr Kim, thank you for coming. Please have a seat” Mr Choi spoke as Xiumin sat next to his sister. “So as you are aware, your sister did hurt another student”

“Yes I understand” Xiumin sighed “I don’t really know why she did”

“Why don’t you ask her because she won’t tell me” Mr Choi chuckled.

“I’m not saying another word. Could I just find out my punishment please” Aira sighed as Xiumin hissed.

“Since this is the first time that Ms Kim has been sent to my office for something bad, I will let her off with a warning” Mr Choi smiled and turned towards Aira “Aira you are a bright young lady and you have a great future ahead of you. Don’t waste it all over something so petty”

Petty? Her reason was definitely not petty but for the sake of ending this meeting, she nodded her head.

“I do apologize and it will never happen again” Aira smiled.

“Good” Mr Choi smiled. “Why don’t you take the rest of the day off and start fresh tomorrow. I expect you to apologize to your classmate”

“Yes sir” Aira spoke as she stood up, Xiumin following suit. Mr Choi and Xiumin shook hands as Aira walked towards the door first. She opened the door and was face to face with an angry Kai.

“Why did you do it?” Kai looked pissed, Aira could see her other brothers behind Kai and a very nervous Sehun.

Aira sighed and exited the room before walking pass her brothers. She made her way towards the front entrance of the school before stopping as she felt someone grab her wrist.

“Why did you do it?” Kai asked again as Aira turned around.

“Let.Me.Go” Aira spoke, their brothers all running out as they watch the scene unfolds.

“No!” Kai yelled which startled Aira. Kai’s never yelled at Aira before, in fact no one has ever yelled at Aira before. “Why did you hurt her? What is your problem with her?”

“Kai, I-I just did. Okay” Aira looked at him. “Now will you please let me go”

“That’s bull” Kai spoke.

“Kai maybe we should discuss this at home” Xiumin stepped in.

“No hyung, I wanna know why our dearest little sister hurt the girl that I like” Kai looked at Aira once again. “I saw her, Aira. She had a bruise”

“Good. See deserved it” Aira spoke.

“Aira” Xiumin warned her sister.

“WHAT DID SHE DO?!” Kai yelled. “She finally said yes to me this morning and then you go and do this” He has been crushing on a fellow senior student, Jiyoon. For a while now, Kai has been asking her out but always getting rejected however today she finally said yes.

“You wouldn’t understand”

“Then make me understand, Aira” Kai shook her as Aira stayed quiet. “Make me understand” Aira still remained quiet as Kai grew frustrated.

“Kai, you’re hurting me” Aira mumbled.

“I don’t care. I want you to tell me why you did it”

“Kai, let her go” It was Kris who spoke. “Let’s talk about this at home”

“Why are you all protecting her?!” Kai finally had enough. “She hurt someone and that someone is somebody I really like and she doesn’t even have the decency to tell me why”

“I’m sure Aira had a good reason, Kai” Luhan added.

Kai shook his head. “Whatever. You know sometimes I forget that you’re adopted and that you’re different from us” As soon as he said, he regretted it.

“Jongin!” This time it was Sehun who spoke.

Aira felt her heart break as Kai uttered those words. She was protecting him, that’s why she did it. She wanted to spare his feelings that’s why she didn’t tell him anything. She could usually take whatever her brothers say to her but there was one subject that was touchy and that was her adoption. She didn’t want to be reminded that her real parents abandoned her and that she didn’t really belong in the Kim family.

“A-Aira, I” Kai began to speak before Aira interrupted her.

“I know I’m adopted Jongin, thanks” Aira turned to her brothers who all had a look of worry on their faces, she smiled trying to stop the tears from falling but she failed as one drop fell. “I’m going to go ahead first, I’ll see you later” She smiled one last time before walking out.

“Aira!” Kai yelled as he attempted to run after her before being stopped by Suho.

“Haven’t you done enough, Jongin?” Suho looked at his younger brother. Suho doesn’t get angry but when he does, it’s usually because his family’s been hurt and Kai just hurt his only baby sister.

“Kai, Sehun go get your bags” Xiumin instructed the youngest. “I’ll call the office and tell them we won’t be coming back” Xiumin pulled out his cellphone. “We have to find her”

“I’ll tell the others” Luhan sighed as he left the building first.

“Hyungs, Sehun I’m sorry” Kai looked at his brothers.

“It’s not us you need to say sorry to but you were way out of line” Sehun spoke. “Did you even stop and think that maybe the reason she punched Jiyoon was for you?”

“Me?” Kai gulped.

“What do you know, Sehun?” Kris asked.

Sehun sighed “My friend overheard Jiyoon and Aira talking before she punched her. It turns out that Jiyoon made a bet that she can make Kai her boyfriend and then dump him in public during our graduation day” Sehun looked at Kai. “She was protecting you. When Aira found out she confronted Jiyoon and asked her to stop it but Jiyoon said that she was going ahead with it and that even if Aira tells you, you won’t believe her. I guess she was right, you practically chose Jiyoon over Aira”

“Good job, Jongin” Suho shook his head as he left the building.

“I-I” Kai was at a loss for words. He hurt his sister over some girl and now he was paying the price. “I have to find her” Kai spoke.

………………….

“Excuse me, sir?”

Lay looked up and saw his younger brother, Tao. Lay was currently in class and was surprised to see his brother. He listened as his brother asked Lay’s professor to excuse him due to a family emergency. Immediately Lay grew worried and quickly packed his bag before exiting his classroom.

“Tao, what’s wrong?”

“Aira’s missing” Tao said.

“What?” I asked as I looked at my younger brother. “What do you mean missing?!”

“Well something happened at school and she had a fight with Kai as well” Tao sighed. “Kai may have said some things and then she took off. Now nobody knows where she is”

“The hyungs know about this?” Lay asked.

Tao nodded “Everyone is at the house now, we better head over there too”

…………………

“One chocolate milkshake” The old lady smiled as she placed Aira’s drink in front of her. “Having a bad day, dear?”

Aira looked up and saw the caring old lady smile at her, Aira simply nodded.

“What happened? Why don’t you let it out, it’ll make you feel better” She smiled and sat down across from Aira.

“Do you ever feel like you don’t belong?” Aira whispered. “Like you’re an outsider because that’s how I feel”

“Aw honey, what happened?” The old lady cooed as she grabbed Aira’s hands that were currently on the table.

Aira sniffed as more tears fell before wiping them away. “M-my brother said some things, which are true but they really hurt”

The old lady smiled before laughing. “Honey, you know that when siblings say stuff to each other during fights, you know we don’t really mean them. It’s just a spur of the moment thing”

Aira nodded, she was right however Kai had no right to bring that up. She knew that he was mad but she didn’t think that it would go that far.

“I-I think I’m more afraid that angry” Aira sighed before continuing. “That I’m being replaced. I got so used to being number one in my brothers’ lives that I forgot that, that will all change soon”

“Dear, don’t think of it as being replaced” Aira looked at the old lady in front of her. “Think of it as having a new person to share the love around”

“I-I guess I never really thought of it like that” AIra mumbled as she blushed.

“From what I can tell just by talking to you, is that your brothers care about deeply as you do for them. You will always be their number one sister and nothing will change that”

Aira finally smiled and nodded. “You’re right”

“Of course I am” The old lady smirked. “Just remember, girlfriends come and go but family will always be there. You’re going to be there long after their girlfriends leave. You’re something permanent, remember that”

Aira now fully smiling spoke “Thanks…..” Aira didn’t really know how to address the lovely lady in front of her.

“Halmoni just call me Halmoni” She smiled as Aira nodded. “Well you better get out of here and make up with your brother”

Aira stood up before smiling, she couldn’t resist but lean over and gave the grandmother a hug. “Thanks for everything, halmoni! I’ll certainly be back and I’ll bring my brothers too!”

Halmonin laughed. “That would be lovely, now off you go”

Aira waved goodbye one last time before hailing a taxi. Time to face Kai and the rest of her brothers.

………………….

The trip seemed like it lasted for an eternity but finally, Aira has arrived. She paid the driver before exiting the vehicle. She finally made her way towards their front door however as she walked inside, she stopped and stared at the intruder.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Aira asked as she faced Jiyoon next to Kai, being surrounded by her brothers. World War Three commencing in 5,4,3,2……

 

 

Author's Notes~~

- So what'd you think?

-Please leave a comment down below to inspire me~~

- I apologize for le mistakes (I haven't read through this yet"

- What would you like to see happen next?

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE 

Thank you~

 

Angel8177