8th

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol blinked. "Come again?"

"You can break up with Ara." Chorong repeated.

"Can I?"

She nodded. "I talked to her already and she finally agreed."

"So I'm free?"

"You are."

"That easy?"

Again, she nodded.

"She didn't scream, didn't sob, didn't yell, didn't do anything?" This worried Chanyeol, since he knew her better than anyone else.

Chorong only shrugged. "What's with that face? You should be happy, dongsaeng. Finally, you're free. Finally, you can fight for the one you like."

But Chanyeol shook his head. He took out his cell phone and pressed his number one on speed dial list. Yoo Ara. He waited only to reach the voicemail. He tried over and over again, but still, he couldn't reach her.

"." He stood up and took his helmet.

"Where are you going?" Chorong asked confusedly.

"Noona, call an ambulance and send it Ara's house. I think something may happen there." He then ran off, leaving Chorong, who gradually felt worried.

Chanyeol sped up, without noticing pedestrians were cursing at him because he didn't stop at the traffic light. Thank God there was no police around. He tightened his grip and sped up even more.

"Don't be stupid, I beg you, please don't be stupid." He said in hushed tone.

 

 

Junmyeon found his brother was smiling at his books. He didn't say anything but kept smiling and chuckling like an idiot. Junmyeon shook his head and decided to stop his brother's thoughts. Who knew that he might be doing some dirty thoughts in mind?

"Yah, why are you smiling?" Junmyeon slapped his brother's arm.

Jongdae jumped in surprise and looked up to his brother. "Nothing. What are you even doing here?"

"I walked by and I saw you smiling like an idiot. What happened?"

"I.. I.. Ah.. I asked Eunji to be my girlfriend."

"You did what?" Junmyeon's eyes widened. He looked at his brother desperately. "Did she say yes?"

Jongdae shook his head. "She needs time to think. She said she will give me the answer tomorrow."

Junmyeon sighed. How should he tell him that Eunji liked somebody else? His very best friend, specifically? But instead saying it out loud, Junmyeon let out a soft voice, "If later she rejects you, never think it's because you're not worth it, okay? It's maybe.. She has her own reasons."

Jongdae smirked. "I know you know, hyung."

Junmyeon was stunned. "What?"

"I know you know she likes Chanyeol. The way you're trying to calm me down before I get the answer confirms everything. Relax, hyung. I also know that."

"How do you know?"

He smirked darkly. "Stupid accident."

"But you still asked her." Junmyeon couldn't believe it.

"You may think I'm such a stupid idiotic brainless guy, but I'm serious about her, hyung. I want to make her happy. I want to make her smile. You see, it broke me to pieces when I saw her holding back her tears, because of him. I want to protect her, hyung. I really, really like her. Do you think she will give me the chance?"

As an answer, Junmyeon only smiled and patted his shoulder.

 

 

Chanyeol knew Ara too much better than what he thought.

Chanyeol cared about Ara a bit too much than he should.

Chanyeol was walking back and forth while his older sister was biting her nail with tears rolling on her beautiful cheeks. They were at Emergency Unit, again, for the same reason.

"This is my fault." Chorong sobbed. "I shouldn't say that. I shouldn't say that." She burst into tears, leaving Chanyeol with his own thoughts.

When he arrived at her apartment, he quickly ran to her room, without noticing Ara's mother was asking what's happening. He barged in to her room, only to find Ara was lying on her bed, as if she was sleeping, with sleeping pills fell on the ground.

The doctor said Chanyeol was lucky because he took her here faster, because if it was a bit too late, maybe Ara was already gone.

Chorong looked at her depressed brother and grabbed his hand, then softly pressed her grip. "I'm sorry, Channie, I'm sorry for doing this to you. I'm sorry for throwing you to hell. I'm so sorry for thinking this could be the best for you, without considering your own happiness. I'm such a ."

"Noona." Chanyeol said and she joined to sit beside her. "Never say things like that, okay? You're never and never will be like that."

"But I made your days hell, right?"

"Noona.."

"Right?"

Chanyeol refused to answer her question, so he just held his sister's hand tighter.

"I'm sorry, Channie."

And Chanyeol didn't say anything.

They waited for few hours before finally the doctor walked out of the room with bright smile on his face.

"She's okay and awake. You can visit her in her room. Seems like she needs to see her boyfriend very much, because she kept asking about you since she woke up."

Both Chorong and Chanyeol bowed down to the doctor, then Chanyeol looked at his sister and hugged her for a good three seconds.

He walked in to her room, and soon she shifted her eyes to meet his. But then she looked away, as if she refused to talk to the taller.

"You scared the hell out of me."

Ara still didn't want to meet his eyes.

"Why did you do this to yourself? Isn't it hurting, Ara? You're only hurting yourself."

Ara tried to hold her tears. "Why did you ask Chorong eonni to break up with me?"

Chanyeol looked down on his feet.

"Am I that disgusting for you to see? Am I that shameful for you to talk with? So you have to send your sister, asking me to let you go." She lost her composure and burst in tears. "Do you even love me?"

"Yah, Yoo Ara." Chanyeol looked up, letting their gazes met.

"Can't you just try to love me? Just once?"

"Yoo Ara."

"I really love you, Chanyeol. I do. Can't you stay and give us another chance? Can't you stay with me?"

"Ara, you will only harm yourself. I can't, Ara. I can't fake this thing anymore. I can't pretend like you're the one I love, while I never see you that way. I love you, Ara, so much, as much as I love Chorong noona. I care about you, Ara, and I will do anything for you, except this. I can't force myself again, Ara. I've met the one I want to be with."

"Jung Eunji, you mean?"

Chanyeol didn't need to answer her obvious question.

"What do you see on her, Chanyeol? What makes her so much better than me?"

Chanyeol smirked miserably. "... She remembered me, while I didn't." It took few minutes before Chanyeol answered her. "You're beautiful, Ara. And never let anyone said the exact opposite. Now sleep, you need to get some rest."

Ara slowly grabbed his giant hand and asked him to step closer. "You said you would do anything for me, right? Can you stay with me? I'm okay breaking up with you, but please, can you just stay?"

 

 

Eunji woke up in the middle of night, after rolling to the edge and the other side of her bed. She couldn't sleep, recalling her memory about this afternoon's meeting with Jongdae.

 

"Be my girlfriend."

"What?" Of course she was surprised. What did he expect? She smiled and agreed?

"Be my girlfriend, Jung Eunji. Will you please?"

Eunji poked his forehead and shook her head. "You're sick."

But Jongdae knew what he wanted. He wanted her. So bad until it hurts. So bad until he couldn't wait any longer, to find a good timing.

"Jongdae, you can't be serious."

"You don't have to answer this right now." A cliché answer. "I will give you time to think, as long as you needed. Even if you need forever, I'll wait."

Eunji stared at the older and gulped. She had no reason to reject him at all. He was the Prince Charming, who came to protect her when her heart torn into infinite pieces. He was the Superman, who made her smile and taught her about dating, even she knew it was useless for someone like her. He was the one, who asked what happened to her at leadership training. Not Chanyeol, him.

But somehow, Eunji expected that it was Chanyeol, not Jongdae.

But she smiled bitterly after imagining.

"One day." She uttered. "Give me one day to think and I'll answer you tomorrow. How about it?"

And Eunji felt so guilty seeing expectations right in his eyes.

 

She sat up on her bed and ruffling her hair messily. This is , she thought, how could he make me feel this?!

She then see the light in living room was still on. Maybe her mother haven't gone to bed yet.

She opened the door and she smiled softly seeing her mother was on the living room, with her laptop on. She typed something on it and shook her head when she thought it seemed not right.

"Eomma."

Her mother looked up to her one and only daughter, then smiled. "Hey, why don't you sleep?"

"Nightmare." She lied. "It's almost 2, Eomma."

She nodded. "I know. But this is emergency. Tomorrow we will hold a monthly meeting, and I have to give my best performance, so I can get a raise."

"Eomma, I already told you for hundred times that you don't need to be so hard on yourself. I get scholarship, Eomma, full scholarship, so you don't have to pay anything. And more, I will fight for the college's scholarship as well. You should be more relaxed and have fun, Eomma."

If Eunji could tell the world who her hero was, she would proudly say it's her mother. She didn't come from a wealthy family like what people saw in dramas. But she wasn't as poor as what people always thought. She came from a nice family, with a single mother, who was hard-working, kindhearted, and loving. Her mother worked at one of huge companies in Korea, working almost 24/7, but still able to raise her daughter well, teaching her what's right and wrong, listening to her stories, baking her cakes, and doing movie-marathon.

She was very proud of her mother. More than anything in this world.

"My ways to have fun is different, Eunji." She smiled. "And how about you? I haven't heard any love stories of yours. You're only telling me about Bomi and her boyfriend."

She chuckled. "I'm not a social butterfly like her, Eomma. I'm more like... The geek, who loves to stay in library, solving Math problems, and finding out why Apartheid ever existed in this world."

"That bad?" She cocked an eyebrow.

She nodded and made her mother a cup of tea. "But there's a boy..." She didn't know why she had the urge to tell her mother about him. "I met him when I failed the try out, Eomma. When I didn't cry at home? Do you remember?"

Her mother stopped typing and patiently waiting.

"He encouraged me, saying I should be more faithful with myself, and to stop looking down at myself. He actually was one of the reasons I studied hard to be accepted here."

"He seems nice." Her mother said.

"I know. But he has girlfriend already, Eomma. And I think he is in a situation, where he can't break up with her for any reason."

Her mother didn't comment anything, just whispering a soft 'thank you' when she gave her the tea.

"And there's another boy.." She continued. "He is nice since the day I entered the school. He has sweet smile and he trolls too much."

"Does he like you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter