6th

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, everyone!" Her voice was loud and clear, thanks to the megaphone she used.

Only some of the participants responded her greeting. Most of them were yawning and even fell asleep. They were still tired.

"Okay, since most of you are still half sleepy, let's do morning jog together! The path is not too far. Only three laps running over this villa." She said as if the villa was only in small size, not huge.

"Yah, Amber! For real?!" It was Baekhyun, who complained. "Are you crazy?! It's huge! We even haven't grabbed our breakfast yet! And you ask us to jog?! Yah, really, Amber, you're mentally ill!"

"I don't want to hear bull, Baekhyun! And please don't act girly! You're not fit the image."

"Yah, you boyish woman!" Baekhyun put his hands on his waist. "Don't make me ask Jinah to makeover you!"

"Whatever, Byun, whatever." Amber looked at her friends. "For those who don't want to jog, it's fine, I allowed you not to."

Most of them were sighing in relieved.

"But..."

Oh, the 'but' was never sounded good.

"... Don't be mad at me, if they will be forbidden to get snacks and dinner."

They quickly fell in line.

Amber smiled victoriously. "Okay, wait for my mark, guys!"

Baekhyun grumbled, "That little piece of is always has ways to torture! She is a party crasher for sure."

Chanyeol laughed. "It's okay, Baek. Jogging is good for your health."

"But our Byun Baekhyun is never interested on doing sport, Channie." Jongdae said.

Yixing came to the group and suddenly spoke, "Oh hey, Baek, just want to tell you.. Park Jiyeon is over there and she's ready to jog. Don't you want to talk to her?"

Baekhyun's eyes sparkled. He already set his eyes on that beautiful junior. "Really, hyung?!"

Yixing nodded. "Come on, let me give you a company. Bomi is also there."

"Is Eunji there too?" Chanyeol was startled when Jongdae asked this.

Yixing beamed. "Of course. Bomi and Eunji can't be separated by anything. Even when I'm with Bomi, she will still look for Eunji."

"Come on, hyung." Baekhyun was pulling Yixing's shirt. "She's laughing there. Come quick."

"I'm coming with you, hyung." Jongdae left Chanyeol and Junmyeon alone, along with Baekhyun and Yixing.

Junmyeon was only smiling when he saw Baekhyun's face blushed hard because the younger greeted him politely. But his eyes locked on Eunji, who was looked happy seeing Jongdae stood up beside her.

Then Junmyeon turned his eyes to Chanyeol. Surprisingly, Chanyeol also looked at same direction, Eunji.

Junmyeon sighed. "You can't fall in love with her, Yeol."

"Excuse me?" Chanyeol didn't get the picture.

"Have you ever heard a phrase 'You fell for the wrong, to get the right' before? Even Ara is the wrong girl, you can't make Eunji as the right girl."

"What are you talking about, hyung?"

Junmyeon smirked. "You will understand later. Trust me. Ah, I should go." Junmyeon walked off.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, didn't understand what happened, when he realized Ara was standing beside him. She smiled. As always, she looked beautiful. But Chanyeol knew deep down, even Ara looked very very admirable, his heart wouldn't beat like what he always expected.

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked, his voice was annoyed.

"Chorong eonni asked me to―"

"Chorong eonni, Chorong eonni, Chorong eonni. Why in the hell, Ara, everything Chorong noona asked you to do, you will do it? What are you? Her slave?" Chanyeol cut her off.

Ara was stunned with Chanyeol's harsh remark. "I didn't mean to... I only.. Miss you."

Chanyeol sighed with Ara's words. "You miss me? For God's sake, Ara, I even stand only five meters away from you!"

"But your heart never misses me." She mumbled, but clear enough for Chanyeol to hear. She looked at Chanyeol. "The only thing I want from you is your heart to accept me, Chanyeol. I want you to take care of me, because you want to, not have to. I want you to fall in love with me, Chanyeol, not because Chorong eonni forces you, but because you want to."

Chanyeol ruffled his hair then sighed heavily. "Really, Ara? Do you really need to make my morning hell?"

She frowned harder. "I only don't want to pretend anymore." Then she suddenly pulled Chanyeol into tight hug.

 

 

Jongdae was joking about his habit, which was bringing a plastic purple duck, wherever he went, when Eunji unintentionally saw a scene.

It was a drama-kind-alike scene, to be honest. When the female character hugged the male character.

But what surprised her was because they were Ara and his famous boyfriend, Park Chanyeol.

Things went silence for few seconds, before Baekhyun shouted to tease his best friend, then Jongdae joined him. Yixing was only laughing at Chanyeol as well. Everyone teased the couple, caused Ara's face reddened.

Eunji looked away, only to find Bomi and Junmyeon looked at her with pity looks.

"I'm okay." She said without any sound. To assure them, Eunji forced her most charming smile.

But Bomi was smarter. She embraced her and whispered encouraging words to her. And Junmyeon did the same too. He tried his best to make lame jokes, only to make the younger smile.

And Eunji gradually enjoyed it. It was nice knowing there was someone, who would try to make her smile in her worst.

***

Eunji and Bomi were waiting their turn to use the bathroom to take a bath, after the morning jog. They were sweaty and sticky.

"Whose turn after Jinah?"

They looked up and saw Ara was asking. Bomi raised her hand and answered, "Us, eonni."

Ara looked at Bomi and Eunji, then nodded. She walked closer to them. "Ah, you both shower together?"

Bomi knew Eunji wasn't in the mood, so she took her part as a spokeperson. "Yes, eonni."

"Ah, I wish Chorong eonni wants to shower with me. It's tiring, isn't it? The jogging? Amber is so mean. She knows I can't stand long run." She pouted cutely.

Bomi only smiled.

"By the way, Yixing oppa was so sweet last night! Congratulations for you! Yixing oppa is a great guy, he will treat you like a princess!"

"Thank you."

"You're so much welcome! I envy you, really. If only Chanyeol could treat me like Yixing treats you.. Life wouldn't get any better, don't you think?"

Eunji felt nauseous with their conversation. She excused herself then left the room, leaving confused Ara and guilty Bomi.

Eunji let her feet led the way. She had nowhere to go, honestly. She was just feeling had to leave before she got more upset.

"Hey, good morning!"

Eunji shifted her eyes and saw Jongdae was wiping sweat on his forehead.

"Have you washed yet?"

Eunji shook her head slowly. "No, I haven't."

"Me too. The bathrooms are just way crowded. Don't tell anyone, okay? But Baekhyun and Yixing are bathing together."

Eunji smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah."

They both went quiet, since they had nothing to say. Jongdae saw Eunji was standing and breathing like she has always did, but somehow, attracted him.

"Do you remember our first meeting, Eunji?"

Eunji tilted her head and smiled softly. "I do."

"What happened to you back then?"

Eunji was taken aback with that innocent question. She her lips, sighed heavily, before answering the question, "I met a guy, year before I attented this school." She sneaked a peek at attentive Jongdae. "He encouraged me. He told me not to give up, but try harder than ever. And I guess, I had that kind of starstruck moment. I fought harder to attend this shool, among other reasons, my first intention if I made it.. I want to meet and say thanks to him."

"Let me guess.." Jongdae continued. "The guy has a girlfriend already?"

Eunji gaped. "How do you know?"

"Because when I saw you, you looked so fragile and broken. You looked exactly like someone I knew in past." He smiled wryly.

"That feeling, you know, . Because the more I try to avoid―"

"... That feeling, the more painful it will be. I know." Jongdae smiled vaguely.

Eunji exhaled then looked up at the blue sky. "If only I didn't meet him. If only I didn't bump into him.. If only―"

Again, Jongdae cut her off. "Don't. Don't regret everything happened in your past. I know it to be the one who got the broken parts, but I believe, it will healed. You will be fine, Eunji. Not now, soon."

Eunji smiled at him. "Seems like you are an expert."

Jongdae chuckled, then checked his wrist watch. "Yah! Come on, let's shower! Amber will kill us if we're late for breakfast."

They both ran back to their rooms with laughing and gasping for breath together.

***

Chanyeol couldn't feel more grateful than ever. He really wanted to hug and pour Amber kisses on her cheeks, but because he knew Amber would slap him, he decided not to do it.

It was afternoon, when Amber gathered the participants, telling she and some friends of her already set games to please them all. And Chanyeol already prayed for so many times, begging God wouldn't let him and Ara be on same team. Instead, he was along with Eunji.

Eunji was biting her lower lip in despair. How could life planned things like that. She never hoped to be same team with Chanyeol. This would only make things clearer. She didn't know whether she could fake her smile and pretend she didn't feel anything toward the taller. Bomi put her hands on Eunji's arms and softly encouraged her. Eunji smiled and whispered a soft thank you to her.

The first game called Promise. The teams lined up, closing their eyes, and promised each other they would never let go. But they got a friendly reminder, if someone asked them to do something, like it or not, they had to do that.

Eunji shivered when she felt Chanyeol's big hands were on her shoulders. She looked up and gazed at him. He blinked several times before finally knew what he did. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said apologetically.

She sighed deeply. Why did he have to do that? Now she couldn't control the heat inside her body. She forced herself to smile. "It's fine, sunbae. My mistake. I can't stand being touch over here." She pointed her neck and shoulders. "They are very sensitive."

Amber whistled, distracting their useless conversation.

The game was on.

They were walking anywhere where Jongdae led them to. Sometimes they would crash against the wall or another team. And then Jongdae stopped. When Yixing and Chanyeol asked him to move, he didn't answer them.

Eunji sensed someone was standing next to her. Eunji knew it was a girl, because she softly whispered to her earlobe, "Let go. Follow me."

She remembered what the rule was. She didn't let go. She tightened her grip on Yixing's shoulders, caused the older yelped in pain.

"Just follow me. There is nothing to lose. Follow me."

"I can't." Eunji responded.

"Don't you remember? You have to follow whatever I ask you to do. And now, I'm asking you. Let go." She touched Eunji's hands and grabbed them.

Eunji didn't against it. She let her hands go and walked behind whoever this was. She didn't open her eyes, because she was afraid she would get punishment.

"Wait here until someone comes to you." Then she walked away.

Eunji looked right and left. She was no longer sensing anyone beside her. She opened her eyes and realized she was alone in the middle of nowhere. None around. She was alone. She screamed for her team members, but she got no response. She gulped hard. Would she stay here forever?

"Team Jongdae, open your eyes!" Amber declared. She shook her head and said, "One of your members disappeared. She didn't follow the rule. And you too, Jongdae, you didn't obey. You stopped. You, in some way, letting your member left the team."

"But.. I was asked to! You said if there's someone gives us order, we have to do it!" Jongdae said in disagreement.

"Don't you guys understand?" She asked back. "This is a trust test! You guys promised each other not to let go, but you guys did. You, Yixing oppa, she was standing right behind you, right? And you, Chanyeol, wasn't she was your ahead? Didn't you try to stop her? You two must hear she was lured by my friends." Amber rebuked.

The team members stared at each other.

"Now find her! She was hidden somewhere here. Find her if you want to pass the test. I will give you twenty minutes... Starts now!"

Quickly they separated, trying to find Eunji.

Chanyeol ran as fast as he could. This was his responsibility. He didn't say anything when he felt Eunji left the line. He didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter