Flashback

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji waited for her turn to see the announcement. She was very confident that her try out result would be perfect, since she did that perfectly.

But turned out, sometimes everything was not as it seemed.

Eunji failed.

She widened her eyes, tried to check over and over again. But it didn't change the fact that she failed the try out to attend the school.

Eunji's eyes were wet when she left the lessons course and walked sadly. She has been expecting to attend that school. The most prestigious school in South Korea. She has been dreaming herself wear that uniform. It must be feel so good. She has been talking about that school to everyone, mostly to her mother. Her mother had high expectations on her, but looked at her. She failed. She was a failure. Her mother would feel ashamed of her, or at least, that was what she thought that time.

"I'm a failure." She whispered lowly. "Jung Eunji is a failure. An embarrassing failure." The tears fell slowly to her cheeks. She was very miserable.

Eunji thought she couldn't go home yet, because if she went home, her mother would ask about the try out. And she couldn't tell her about that. As the result, Eunji walked around the town with nowhere to go. She kept looking down on the sidewalk. She didn't realize there was someone walked from the other side.

She bumped into that person and all her books were falling. Quickly, Eunji took all her books, and realized there were hands helped her to take all the books. Eunji looked up and mesmerized.

Right in front of him, there was a very handsome guy. He used earphones and Eunji could hear some rap from it. He wore a T-Shirt and training pants. He looked perfectly fine, without even trying. He looked at Eunji and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you crying?" He asked and gave the books back to Eunji.

"I'm not crying." Eunji shook her head.

"I don't know what happened to you, but crying won't stop your pain."

Eunji smiled forcefully and her eyes stopped on the logo of his training pants. It was that school's logo.

"You're going to Seoul High?"

He looked down and realized Eunji was staring at his training pants. "Ah, yeah. Yes, I am."

"I've wanted to go there." Eunji mumbled.

"Then fight for it." He smiled and took out a handkerchief of his pocket.

"I failed. Even in the try out I already failed. It means I couldn't do the entrance test." Eunji sighed.

He wiped her stained face with his handkerchief, made the girl startled. "Why are you so concern about the try out?" He asked. "When I was your age, I failed more than once. But I kept trying and trying. I studied harder. I studied until I couldn't get enough sleep. I forced myself to do the best, so the announcement would make me proud. And look at me. I'm the Seoul High student finally."

Eunji looked at him.

"And you, don't underestimate yourself, okay? You're smart, I can see it by how many books you have." His eyes pointed the books on Eunji's grip. "You have to stop comparing yourself to others and be proud of yourself. You can make it, I swear."

Eunji smiled. "Thank you." She said.

He nodded and smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth and wide smile. "You're very much welcome. Go home, okay? It's not good to see girl out in this night." He suggested. "Where is your home, let me take you home."

Eunji shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Just.. Could you wait for me until I get on the bus?"

"Of course. A man should do what a gentleman would do."

And then they waited for the bus for almost twenty minutes. Eunji suddenly liked the space between them. Eunji suddenly enjoyed the silence between them. She realized the guy, who had unkown name, was still listening to some music. When the bus arrived, Eunji suddenly felt sad. Why so soon?

Eunji looked at him again and beamed. "Thanks.. Again. For everything."

He only smiled and then remembered something. He handed her his handkerchief and smiled. "For you. So you will always remember to wipe your sweats when you're tired of studying."

Eunji looked at it and slowly smiled. "I appreciate this. Thanks again, stranger." She waved and got on the bus.

Eunji felt so much better than before. It was like she met him for a reason.

***

Chanyeol was annoyed. Truly annoyed. That time, his house welcomed a guest. His sister's guest actually, named Yoo Ara. This Yoo Ara has been crushing him since long time ago. And Chorong, kept asking him why he didn't want to make her as his girlfriend.

Because, come on! Yoo Ara was flawless. She was such a perfection. No one would say no to her.

So when Chanyeol was forced to sit with Chorong and Ara, he decided to leave, said Jongdae needed him for something, which was a total lie.

Chanyeol walked with nowhere to go. He wanted to go to Baekhyun's house, but Baekhyun would be busy with his vocal lessons. He wanted to bust in Jongdae, but that guy was already sleep. He was a heavy sleeper. He could sleep for ten hours in a day. So he decided to keep walking and walking. Let his feet leaded him.

He bumped into someone, it was a girl, and her books fell. Quickly, Chanyeol took her book and helped her. When he saw the girl, he felt a sudden hurt. She was finished crying. Her eyes were puffy and her cheeks were red. Chanyeol didn't know why he had the courage to wipe her stained face. "Why are you so concern about the try out?" Chanyeol asked. "When I was your age, I failed more than once. But I kept trying and trying. I studied harder. I studied until I couldn't get enough sleep. I forced myself to do the best, so the announcement would make me proud. And look at me. I'm the Seoul High student finally."

She looked at him blankly. Chanyeol didn't know why, but she looked cute with that blank expression.

"And you, don't underestimate yourself, okay? You're smart, I can see it by how many books you have." His eyes pointed the books on her grip. "You have to stop comparing yourself to others and be proud of yourself. You can make it, I swear."

She smiled. "Thank you."

Chanyeol nodded and smiled, showing off his perfectly white teeth and wide smile. "You're very much welcome. Go home, okay? It's not good to see girl out in this night." He suggested. "Where is your home, let me take you home."

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Just.. Could you wait for me until I get on the bus?"

"Of course. A man should do what a gentleman would do." Chanyeol said with a proud tone.

And then they waited for the bus for almost twenty minutes. Chanyeol was forcing himself to listening to the songs from his earphones, but he failed. He kept glancing the gilr, whose n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter