7th

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji halted right in front of school gate. She took a deep breath and assured herself, she would be okay.

There were so many things happened after leadership training, or more likely that incident, ended.

She found herself avoiding the famous basketball team members. She preferred hiding in the library or classroom. At the break time, she sat with her classmates for lunch. Most of them were confused with her sudden friendly attitude, but Eunji only pretended nothing happened. Even Bomi already asked her to join her with her boyfriend, she would shake her head and say no.

She, sometimes, would glance at Jongdae, who was staring at her meaningfully. Like he had something in his mind, but he was unsure whether should tell it or not. And Eunji, even knew Jongdae didn't do anything wrong, avoided him. The thing that made Eunji felt disappointed was Jongdae seemed didn't care.

About Chanyeol... Once or twice Chanyeol came and talked to her. But Eunji was too hurt to hope. She only answered shortly and walked away. She had to protect her heart. She couldn't let him break it again. However, she still felt her heart beat like crazy sometimes. Every time Bomi forced her to watch her boyfriend's game, and hell... Bomi's puppy eyes always melted her down, her eyes would find Chanyeol easily. Well, maybe it was because he was the tallest member. Or maybe it was only a stupid defense Eunji had. She was trying hard, you know, to move on.

And more, last week, Ara and Chanyeol were involved in a big fight at gym, after Chanyeol and his team won the final match. Instead of having lovey dovey moments, Ara was busy yelling, about someone, a girl whatsoever, and Chanyeol unbelievably yelled back at her. He even broke up with her and left Ara alone. But on Monday, they were seen to be back together, because their hands were intertwined and they were smiling lovingly at each other. And when the girls were busy gossiping inside the library, Eunji had to act like she was disturbed with their noise. Right after they left, she cried there.

"Eunji?"

That voice brought her sense back to real life and turned her head. Her eyes widened.

Park Chanyeol was calling her name. And he was alone. There was no Ara with him.

"You're not coming in?" He questioned.

"I.. I.. I am." She stuttered.

"Then why are you standing here?"

Eunji blinked. "Nothing. I.. I.. Ah, I gotta go." She walked in to the school in hurry, leaving Chanyeol with eyebrows furrowed.

Eunji looked back several times, making sure the boy didn't run after her. When she looked at the front, she bumped into someone. She quickly bowed down and muttered some apology.

"Long time no see, Jung Eunji."

She looked up and found Jongdae was smiling at her. She didn't answer his greeting and walked away.

But Jongdae was faster. He held Eunji's arm, avoiding her to walk. "You are avoiding me."

Eunji looked at another direction to distract herself.

"What did I do, Eunji? Did I do something hurtful to you?"

No answer.

"You're avoiding me, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jun hyung, even Yixing hyung. You left us without saying anything. You're mean, Eunji. You shouldn't be this selfish."

Eunji was irritated with his accusation. She yanked her hand away and left without words.

Jongdae breathed deeply. "You're so selfish, Eunji. You fall in love with someone else and make me suffering."

Jongdae turned around and found Chanyeol was walking to him with his giant steps. She looked at Eunji's direction and smirked. Now he knew what made that girl walked away.

"Morning, Jongdae!" He greeted happily.

"Morning." He greeted back.

Chanyeol pouted. "What's with that mood?"

"Nothing. Just bad morning."

"Me too."

"Ara overreacted again, huh?"

"Yep. She came to my house this morning, begging, so I want to go to school together with her. And as always, her guardian angel came and rescued her." He growled. "I don't know who is Park Chorong anymore. Maybe her name has changed into Yoo Chorong or something."

Jongdae chuckled. "Yah, she is your sister."

"And I still wonder why Jun hyung spent his precious four years, only to be with her." He growled as he opened the locker, following Jongdae.

"Love never makes sense, Chanyeol." He mostly said that to himself than to his best friend.

"I know. Anyway.. Did you see Eunji?"

Jongdae stopped taking his books for few seconds. "Yeah, yeah. Just a glance. I was busy talking to some friends, so I don't really greet her." He lied. "Why?"

"I think she avoids me."

Jongdae blinked. "What makes you think so?"

"I don't know.. She's acting weird. Did I do something wrong to her, you think, Jong?"

You are belong to someone and that's wrong for her, Chanyeol, Jongdae thought. But instead telling the truth, he shook his head. "No. Everything was fine, right, in leadership training?"

"Ah! True! Leadership training! Do you think she is mad at me because I hugged her so sudden? I haven't apologized to her." He frowned.

"It's okay. Maybe she only needs sometime alone. Just... Let her be." Jongdae closed the locker and walked off.

Chanyeol followed Jongdae's steps with his own thoughts. Could it be because she was scared Chanyeol knew the truth? Did Ara even tell the truth?

There are too many unanswered questions and Eunji was the only one, who was able to tell.

"Channie!" Ara smiled and waved her hand as she saw Chanyeol walked in. 

Chanyeol sat beside her and opened his book.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Ara asked.

"Nope." He shook his head.

"I bring you food." Ara showed him her lunchbox. "I supposed to give you this later, but remembering you left for school earlier than Chorong eonni and me, I guess you are hungry." She opened the box and shifted it to his desk. "I woke up early to make this. I hope you like it."

Chanyeol only glanced at the food and shook his head.

Ara breathed, trying to control her anger, and asked him again. "Do you mad at me because I came to your house this morning?"

Chanyeol only shrugged. He even didn't look at saddened Ara. "Kinda."

"I'm sorry. I crossed the line."

He closed the book and smiled at her. "Great progress! No you can admit that you're in fault. Anyway, can you please take this out of my sight?" He pointed at her lunchbox and continued, "I don't want the teacher craves for this too. Because, hey.. You're my girlfriend, right? You can make me jealous."

Ara was really hurt with his sarcasm, but she had no other choice. She closed the box and put in under her desk.

She was staring at Chanyeol, who was busy checking his cell phone.

She bit her lower lip.

Should she really let her love go?

When the teacher walked in, and as always, he said it was a self-study time. He only gave the students some papers to be submitted next week and after telling them not to make ruckus, he left the room.

And soon after the teacher walked out, Chanyeol was the first one who got out of the room.

For his classmates, it was maybe because Chanyeol needed to go to bathroom immediately.

But for Ara, it was a sign that he couldn't stand her beside him.

***

Eunji couldn't focus. She kept shaking her head and hit it several times. It was a self study time, and again, she hid inside the library. She kept yawning over and over again, and she realized that she didn't get enough sleep for the last several days.

Almost every night, she kept dreaming about that damned hoodie moment. And in that dream, she would be the only one who was devastated and cried like crazy. In her nightmares, Chanyeol was busy embracing Ara in his firm arms, and Ara was staring at her evilly.

"This is stupid." She raked her hair and breathed heavily.

She again tried to concentrate, but she failed. She was way too sleepy. Eunji looked back and forth, afraid the librarian would come, but seemed she wouldn't do it, she was busy fangirling about the latest MV on YouTube. She checked her wrist watch.

"Fifteen minutes..." She mumbled as she set an alarm on her watch. After letting out a gummy smile, Eunji prepared herself to have a quality nap.

 

 

Chanyeol stopped his steps in front of the library. He then looked at the isotonic drink on his hand, then smiled softly. He remembered that moment when he hid a bread for her. Now, he hoped he could meet her again here. There was nothing to lose, wasn't it? If she wasn't here, he could have the drink for himself or gave it to the dumb Baekhyun.

When Chanyeol walked in, he could hear a loud noise. He shook his head, realizing the librarian was chanting some members of a boy group's latest MV. He continued walking, until he found a familiar figure.

His smile was slowly created, remembering that was his spot when he met her here on the first time.

The table was full with books, papers, and post-its were glued on them. Looked like she was busy doing Math papers. Chanyeol tilted his head, so he was able to look at the sleeping Eunji.

She was cute and in peace in her sleep.

Chanyeol pulled a chair beside and sat on it. He put the isotonic drink on the table and looked at her sincerely.

"Don't.. Don't do that." Eunji was mumbling.

Chanyeol only blinked seeing she acted like that.

"Please don't do this to me. Please." She begged wretchedly.

Chanyeol slowly caressed her hair to calm her down. "It's okay, it's okay. No one is going to harm you. You're okay. You're okay with me."

And Chanyeol couldn't hide his proud smile, when Eunji was smiling softly.

She must had a beautiful dream, didn't she?

 

 

Eunji was almost kissed her prince on her marriage, when an earthquake ended it. As  an more she was hearing, it was an earthquake that able to talk.

"Eunji. Yah, Eunji. Wake up. Yah, wake up."

Eunji slowly opened her eyes and realized it was all dream. She blinked for few times, trying to get herself fully awake. She then looked at someone, who dared disturbing her sleep.

It was Byun Baekhyun.

"Sunbae."

Baekhyun let out his soft smile. "Are you that tired studying?"

"No, it's just because I didn't get enough sleep last night. What makes you here, sunbae?"

"Can't I come here too?" His eyebrow cocked.

Eunji shook her head. "Of course, you can come. It's a public space. Anyone can come."

He smiled. "I was kidding. I saw you and I wanted to know what you were doing. You should be thankful I wake you up. That scary librarian was passed by just now."

"Thank you, sunbae."

Baekhyun gazed at her. "For a girl, you slept well."

She only looked at her books back.

"You don't have to force yourself this bad, Eunji. You can fall sick. I know you need something to distract you from avoiding us. But, really.. I don't find over study do you good."

Eunji looked at Baekhyun in shock.

"What? Do you think I'm not aware?" He pulled his chair, closing spaces between them. "So why are you avoiding us exactly? Oh, no.. Us is an irony. Why are you avoiding Chanyeol and Jongdae?"

"Sunbae.." She uttered.

Baekhyun smiled. "You may think I'm the ignorant of the group, Eunji, but I'm not stupid. Whenever you see me alone, you would still greet me, or at least bow to me. But when I'm with Chanyeol or Jongdae, you would pretend like we are strangers. And it happened too many times. I even lost counts about it. So tell me.. Why are you avoiding them? Did they do something bad? I can kick their asses for you. Jongdae's is my favorite, FYI."

Eunji gave him a surprised look with his ambiguous sentence.

"No! I was joking! For God's sake, I'm straight! As straight as a ruler! Really, Jung Eunji, you're not fun to have a joke with." He pouted cutely. "Back to our topic, okay? Tell me.. Why are you avoiding them two?"

The answer Eunji could afford was "It's private."

"Private?"

Eunji nodded and continued studying.

"Secret for secret then?"

"What?"

"I will tell you my biggest secret and you have to tell me why you are avoiding them."

"Why are you so curious about my reason, sunbae? It's not like I'm very important."

"I know that is not important, Eunji. But I need to know why. You can't just leave people like you wanted to. You don't know how they feel."

Eunji looked at Baekhyun and finally gave in. "You tell yours first."

"Okay. My biggest secret is.. I like Jiyeon!"

Eunji rolled her eyes. "How could it be a secret? People know it already, sunbae."

"True, but what they didn't know is.. I had to break up with her cousin, because she caught me red-handed cheating with Jiyeon."

"WHAT?!"

Baekhyun covered with his hands. "Yah! What's with that scream?! The scary lady will come!"

And Baekhyun was right. The librarian walked to them with eyebrows raised.

"What? What the hell, dongsaeng!" Baekhyun chuckled nervously and bowed down slightly to the librarian. "My dongsaeng is amazing! She does my homework. Amazing! I ecen can't fix any of them! Hahahahaha...." His weird laughter stopped as the librarian left.

Eunji gave him a sorry look. "You can continue your story, sunbae."

Baekhyun cleared his throat and continued, "So, as I was saying, I had to break up with her cousin. Honestly, I had eyes on Jiyeon since the first time. But Jiyeon said I can't be with her, because her cousin likes me first. I was like bull and things, but still, Jiyeon asked me to date her cousin instead of her. Even it hurt both of us." He smiled sorrowfully.

"It took six months for me to give up trying. Can you feel it, Eunji? I had to hold hands I never intended to hold. I had to kiss her by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter