5th

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was evening, with the dark sky and the crescent moon started to show up. The buses stopped and the students slowly walked out of those. And from all of them, there was a girl who seemed uneasy with her surroundings.

"I shouldn't be here." Eunji whispered to Bomi. She kept looking back and forth cluelessly. She still had no idea why she was here. She looked at the excited Bomi then she slowly exhaled. She was never able to refuse anything that Bomi proposed to her. And thing was just getting better when Eunji finally knew why Bomi was trying hard to seduce her. "Yes, true. I really shouldn't be here."

"Eunji, relax. You will be fine. I believe you can adapt with this new circumstance." Bomi patted her arm and smiled. "Believe me, Eunji. You will be fine. The only thing we will do here is having fun! I promise nothing would go bad for these three days."

Eunji sighed and slowly nodded. "You'd better keep your words, Bomi."

"I do, Eunji. Trust me." Bomi's eyes widened when he saw someone was walking, approached them. "Oh! Oh! He's here! How do I look?" She fixed her hair and checked her outfit. "Do I look pretty?"

Eunji smiled, enjoying the view. "Look at this nervous Yoon Bomi. Cute."

She rolled her eyes. "Don't start a war, sister."

"Just saying." She still smiled.

"Hey."

That greeting made them turned their heads and saw Yixing and his friends. They waved and smiled politely.

"Hyung, she is pretty." Baekhyun started. He smiled evilly when he saw Yixing's face turned red. "Yah, hyung. This is nothing, and your face turned crimson red? Geez, you are really into her, aren't you?" Baekhyun happily did high five with Jongdae and Junmyeon.

Jongdae looked at Eunji and he grinned. "I never thought you are an outdoor person."

Eunji shrugged. "I'm not, but when you have a best friend with great tongue, I just can't say no."

"And it's awesome to meet you here."

Eunji could sense her face felt hot suddenly. "Why?" She asked on purpose.

"Because we can continue our date training." He didn't realize that their conversation was not in a private mode. Anyone, yes anyone, could hear what Jongdae said clearly.

"YAH!" Baekhyun pointed at Jongdae. "You two date?! Son of a witch! How could you not tell me about her?! So is it already official? That she is your first girlfriend? Dude, you know.. Hmff! Hmmff!!" Jongdae quickly covered Baekhyun's mouth with his hands and took him away, leaving Eunji was stared by the others.

"You're dating Jongdae?" Junmyeon asked breathlessly.

"No, sunbae! No!" She shook her head. "It was because we both went with Yixing sunbae and Bomi together. But then we splitted... And... And Jongdae sunbae suggested me that I should do some date training... But I swear... We don't date." Eunji tried hard to explain the truth. She didn't want to cause an useless gossip.

Junmyeon chuckled. "Calm down, Eunji. It's okay. I know Jongdae. He won't date easily."

Eunji breathed in relieved. "Thank you. I just.. Don't want to make a scene."

Junmyeon didn't respond because his eyes focused on Yixing, who was busy caressing Bomi's hair. They blushed but they seemed enjoying the moment. They even didn't realize that Junmyeon and Eunji were looking at them.

"They will make a great couple." Eunji said in hushed tone.

Junmyeon nodded. "Of course. I can feel it. Yixing is a nice guy and Bomi seems perfect for him."

"It's great, right, sunbae?"

Junmyeon smiled. "Yeah."

Eunji and Junmyeon decided to leave the love birds and found something more interesting to see. "What about looking around?" Junmyeon suggested. Eunji said nothing but followed his steps.

The leadership training was held at the villa in Jeju Island. The villa belonged to their school and it was huge enough for all of them. There were rooms, pool, fields, and the main room for meetings.

The leadership training was an annual event. There would be games played, which were supposed to train their leadership. They would be fun and entertaining. Junmyeon explained all about this very well, since he always joined with his friends.

"So, Eunji.." Eunji looked at Junmyeon. Now she realized that the older had a dark brown hair and his face resembled an angel. "How do you enjoy Seoul High so far?"

"The teachers are nice." She shrugged. "The friends are okay. So well, I enjoy it."

He grinned. "That explains everything. Anyway, I'm sorry if I am being curious.. But what made you going here?"

Eunji was taken aback with the question. "I want to make my mother proud. She spent all her money for me, so I have to do something to pay her back. And entering this school, will make her proud." And well, Chanyeol sunbae also made me more passionate to enter this school.. Right before I knew the truth.

Junmyeon furrowed his eyebrows, he didn't catch what she meant.

"You don't understand, do you?" Eunji smiled. "You see, sunbae, some people are mean when they come to your family background. Simple questions like 'What's your mother doing for living?' or 'What school are you going?' can kill you inside, if you don't answer them correctly. A person like me, who can't brag about my mother's wealth, should at least be something worth bragged. And being in this school, will give her compliments like, 'You raised your daughter well' and 'You must be so proud of her. She's going to Seoul High, right?', things like those."

Junmyeon was stunned. He didn't believe that the younger, who always seemed intense and in rush, had deep thought only about going to their school.

"How about you, sunbae? What made you going here?" She asked back.

Junmyeon stopped walking and his lips. "There was a girl.. A girl I deeply fell in love with. I would do anything only to keep her near. And entering this school.. Was another thing to keep her."

"But things went wrong, didn't they?"

"Yeah." He shrugged. "We went on and off for hundreds times.. It was fun for few times.. But then I got tired. I love her, I still do, but I can't accept her stubborn head. She always wants things to go her way. And it ."

"Another reason for me not to date. Humans are way more complicated than animals."

Eunji's honest remark made Junmyeon laughed. "Jesus." He shook his head. "You got feisty mouth, junior." And she was smiling brightly.

They stopped walking when they saw Chanyeol and Ara was standing near the main room. There was Chorong beside Ara. They were laughing about something and sometimes, Chanyeol caressed Ara's hair lovingly. He pulled Ara closer and grabbed her hand. Ara looked very happy with the way Chanyeol treated her.

But when Chanyeol turned his head and found Junmyeon and Eunji were watching him, he quickly let her hand go. Ara seemed flustered but Chanyeol didn't care. He left the girls and walked to them.

"Hyung!" He greeted. "You should have called me! I was lonely and stuck with you-know-who... Oh, hey, Eunji."

"Does your sister still act annoying?" Junmyeon asked and his eyes were locked on Chorong.

Chanyeol made a face. "She will never change, trust me, hyung. Just move on, hyung, you deserve someone better."

Eunji then realized that the girl Junmyeon talked before was Chanyeol's sister.

"Why did you leave me there, Channie?" Ara approached them. Eunji felt her heart stabbed when she, without a notice, grabbed Chanyeol's hand and held it. "Oh, hello, Jun oppa. Hello, Jongdae's girlfriend."

"I'm not his girlfriend." Eunji quickly corrected.

"Oh, right. Sorry." Ara smiled. "Yah, Channie, Chorong eonni keeps teasing me back there. Can you come and stop her?" She pulled Chanyeol and they walked away, leaving them.

Eunji wanted to cry but she tried not to. This was always the saddest. "Hey, sunbae." Junmyeon looked at her. "Have you ever blamed yourself because of your stupidity?"

"What do you mean?" Junmyeon was confused.

"You fell in love with the wrong person. You wanted that person, but you know you're too dumb to expect it could somehow happen." Eunji looked at Chanyeol, who was smiling merrily to his girlfriend. Eunji still felt broken to mention it.

Junmyeon slowly followed her gaze and stunned when he realized what she has been looking at. "It's not the wrong person, Eunji." Junmyeon said. "It's the wrong timing."

"Same difference, sunbae." She smiled wryly. When she saw Chanyeol was looking at her and Junmyeon, she bit her lower lips. She couldn't take this pain anymore. So when Chanyeol walked to them, Eunji quickly bowed down to Junmyeon and left.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Junmyeon was alone. "She left?"

Junmyeon nodded.

"Why?"

"Oh, you know... Bathroom emergency." Junmyeon lied flawlessly.

"Ahh, I see." Chanyeol nodded.

Junmyeon looked at his best friend. He never wondered why Eunji was into him. Chanyeol was handsome, tall, friendly, and gentle. Everyone liked him, from kids to elders. Even the teachers would gladly give him extra credit for him. He felt bad for her, because even someday Chanyeol liked her back, things wouldn't go easily. Poor Eunji, he thought.

 

 

"Im Jinah. Jung Eunji. Kwon Nara. Park Chorong. Park Jiyeon. Park Sunyoung. Yoo Ara. Yoon Bomi. You are roommates for Room 4. Go upstairs. Second door in the left. Next!"

Bomi looked at the pale Eunji, then she her lips. She was wrong, so wrong for asking her to go for this training. She felt very guilty right now, because her best friend was the roommate of her crush's girlfriend. "Eunji, I'm sorry."

Eunji faked a smile, Bomi knew it. "Why?"

"Don't fake it, Eunji. You make me feel worse. I'm sorry. I didn't know she will be our roommate."

"She?" She raised an eyebrow. "Ah.. She." She smiled. "It's okay, Bomi. I'm fine."

"Hey you, Jongdae's girlfriend!" Ara beamed when she glanced at her. She stood up and pulled Chorong to walk to them. "Eonni, do you know Jongdae? Chanyeol's friend? This girl is his girlfriend! Isn't it sweet?"

"Really?" Chorong sounded excited. "Hello, I'm Park Chorong. Well, I'm Chanyeol's older sister." She greeted them.

"I'm Jung Eunji, and no, I'm not Jongdae sunbae's girlfriend. And this is Yoon Bomi."

"I know you." Chorong pointed at Bomi. "You're the girlfriend-soon-to-be of Yixing, right?"

Bomi blushed. "Hello, I'm Yoon Bomi. Nice to meet you."

Ara looked at Eunji. "You're not dating Jongdae? Too bad. Jongdae is a nice guy. You will be happy if you are his girlfriend. He treats girls gently. I like him better than Chanyeol sometimes." She smiled at Chorong. "Kidding, eonni."

"Anyway.." Chorong said. "We will be roommates for three d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter