Epilogue pt. 2

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Jung Eunji opened her eyes, she believed she was in a dream, something that she wasn’t supposed to ask but happened willingly to her. Eunji blinked for a good three times before she looked over a reflection from the mirror, smiling at her gently – on which she smiled back at him, with the same gentle smile.

 

The male took out his hand that was purposely put behind his back, revealing that he brought the bouquet for her. He his lips as she stepped closer to him, still wearing the same smile. “You look pretty,” he voiced – tone deep, low timbre was clear out of him. “Are you ready?” he asked, just making sure – he knew the answer anyway. “Because I can always unlock the window in case you want to run away,” he teased unabashedly.

 

“Shut up.” Eunji giggled before stood up with the help of the taller man. She wore high heels only for important occasions, and this is one of them. This is the most important occasion in her life – something that wouldn’t happen again, something that she wished she could cherish when she was all wrinkles and grey hair, something that she hoped to be happened for once in a lifetime.

 

The taller man helped Eunji to fix her dress; it was a penguin tail dress, colored in a pearly white that matches her skin tone, floral-patterned if someone look up-close that was tailored by hands carefully and detailedly. He shook his head and mumbled about why do females are paying so much for a dress that only would be worn for once until the Maid of Honor walked in. “YAH DON’T TOUCH SO CARELESSLY LIKE THAT!” she slapped his hands and pushed him away. “Aigoo, I only excused myself for a minute and you almost ruin it.”

 

“I barely touch it, Yoon Bomi.” The taller man shook his head in surprise. Maybe it’s because of her hormones – well when someone is pregnant, there’s always a tendency to create unneeded feelings, such as anger, sadness, and over-joyed like what she did right now. Her belly was getting bigger by the way, the bump is reaching six months old, and Bomi got so much more hormonal ever since. “You sweat a lot.” He commented and Bomi glared at him.

 

“Are you implying that I don’t look pretty anymore?” The taller man opened his mouth wide, agape. “Because I sweat…,” she trailed off when Eunji tapped her hand and shook her head – asking her to calm down. “Oh okay, right. Eunji, let’s focus on you. Okay,” she nodded and made sure her dress looked flawless before she reached on a veil over the makeup table. She put it on her head carefully, while the man just watched with a smile.

 

Bomi then turned to him after she made sure Eunji looked nothing but beautiful. He raised his thumbs in acceptance, signaled that he thought she looked marvelous already and brought her hand to him so she could hold his arm. “Don’t make her fall on her way okay, Park Chanyeol? She has to look beautiful when she’s walking on the aisle.”

 

The taller man, smiled and nodded at Maid of Honor’s order before he turned to see Eunji that heaved a deep sigh in nervousness. “Nervous?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious young man?” Bomi huffed exasperatedly before she called for the makeup artist and asked her to fix Eunji’s makeup since she got all sweaty so it was a little ruined. She still had the gall to kick Chanyeol over his and the poor male widened his eyes. “Now get out. The bride is about to amaze eyes. She needs a touchup.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, but then he just nodded at Maid of Honor’s selfish request. But before the door was closed, he gave Eunji an encouraging smile and said, “I’ll get ready at the door.”

***

“You’re asking for permission to marry her?” her mother rounded her eyes in surprise. “My daughter, you want to marry her?” her mother was too shocked about this fact.

 

Jongdae nodded eagerly. “I’ve been missing her for eight years and I don’t think I can afford to lose her for another second. My best friends and family have prepared everything, it’s all just waiting for her response. But before I personally ask her, I would like you to know this first,”

 

Her mother was too stunned with the way Jongdae said – well, of course. No one would do this too sudden. She has known Jongdae a while back, but people changed. What if he did something to her daughter like before?

 

“I promise I won’t leave her like what I did before. If you noticed, I actually left because I thought it was the best for her. I’ve always wanted all the best things for her—since Eunji always deserves it, that’s why I chose to leave and let her have her own happiness – or maybe that’s what I thought that day. But believe me, there’s no second in my life I stopped missing her. I always regretted my choice to leave her and being a coward, but then I came back after believing that she also reciprocates my feelings.” Jongdae gave her an assuring smile, “Why should I leave again when my center of universe is right here?”

 

Eunji’s mother watched Jongdae wordlessly for a while, studying him. It didn’t miss from her eyes that definitely his eyes sparkled whenever he mentioned her daughter’s name, his sincerity was obvious too, and the calm reacting to her question – as if it was natural to be asked like that. She admired his confidence, and she knew that she could trust him on her daughter.

 

“Just don’t hurt her.” Eunji’s mother finally replied, “If you have problems, then manage them together. Eunji has such a pure, fragile heart so I hope you won’t do anything harmful to break it again. She loves you—not like you don’t know about it, but I just wanted to make sure that you have to put her as your priority, just like she would do anything for you.” Eunji’s mother advised with a very soothing tone that Jongdae nodded at on every word. “Can you promise me that, son?”

 

Jongdae looked up and found her mother was smiling gently at him. “Yes Ommoni, I can.”

*

Eunji was just got out of her office when she found Jongdae was leaning over his SUV, hands shoved deep inside his pocket pants, and shades hiding his eyes, but Eunji could feel that he had set his eyes on her – not everyone else. She smiled as he welcomed her with a soft peck on her forehead, before opened the door just to help her get in. Soon after, the car was already on the road with Jongdae hummed to the song on the radio.

 

“How was your day?” he asked as he watched his girlfriend yawned. “You look tired,” he added and the female just nodded. “… Take a nap if you want to.”

 

“Um…,” the female shifted slightly on her seat that caused Jongdae sent a worried glance. “Today was tough…, kids nowadays are so good at talking back and are super stubborn. Ugh they don’t know yet who they are dealing with. I could make them not debut you know,”

 

Jongdae chuckled. “I know, I know. You’re the one that training Son Wendy until she could win those music awards, we all know about it. But where’s the fun if there is no one resist you?” He reached out just to caress her hair affectionately before then he saw his girlfriend lulled to sleep. “Have a sweet dream, princess. I love you.”

 

Jongdae thought only he would hear those words, so he was stunned when his girlfriend replied with a sleepy, “I will, love you too.”

*

Jung Eunji was awoken due to warm breeze that hit her nose for couple times. She looked back and forth, realized that the engine was turned off and her boyfriend was disappeared. She looked down on herself and found she was blanketed with Jongdae’s coat – from the smell of his cheap cologne. Worried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter