Epilogue

Domino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji was sleeping soundly when her cell phone beeped. Firstly, she thought if she ignored it then it would stop disturbing her heavenly time, but when it kept beeping and vibrating and starting to disturb her peaceful state, Eunji grabbed her phone with mouthing some hushed curses. Whoever disturbed her in Sunday morning should be burned in hell.

“Heeelloooowww?” Eunji mumbled, yawning. She was so sleepy, she lacked of sleeps few days back. Oh goodness, whoever said being an office worker would be fun, also should be burned in hell. Well, Eunji wasn’t really working at the office – she worked as a vocal coach at one of the biggest entertainment company in South Korea – technically, she still worked at a place, with rules and regulations, and had work hours – same difference.

“Yah, Jung Eunji! Are you still sleeping?” A female sound was heard from the other line. “It’s almost 12, you sleepyhead! Get up and bathe!”

“… Who is this?”

“OH,” the female from the other line really sounded offended, “… I’m Mother Teresa.”

Eunji yawned again, “… Hello, Mother Teresa… I’m so sleepy, can I sleep?”

“Geez, Jung Eunji, you’re not ting me right?” she inhaled, she swore she heard Eunji started to snore, “It’s me. It’s Bomi. Check the caller ID first, you girl…”

“… Bomi?” Eunji started to regain her consciousness, “… As if Zhang Yixing oppa’s Bomi?”

“Hello, Eunji… Did you delete my number? I just called you two days ago,”

Eunji rubbed her eyes and sat up on the bed. She was fully awake now, “Bbom~~~”

“Oh, you’re awake,”

“I know! It’s just because your call! Whoa, this is awesome!”

Bomi clucked and said, “So, Eunji, I need your help…”

“Oh, Jung Eunji is on your service, madam Zhang. Name it and I’ll do it.” Eunji smiled teasingly. Oh if only Bomi was right in front of her, she would laugh out loud seeing Bomi with her flushed cheeks.

“I need you to do some recheck, Eunji.” Bomi said, “The church we’ll be using next week is said would be used by another couple!”

“WHAT?”

“I know!” Bomi screamed, “Yixing oppa already booked the church earlier than that couple, but it has to be said that the couple paid more money than us… So they said our wedding would be postponed for a week…” Bomi sounded really frustrated, “… Eunji, I can’t imagine what will happen with my wedding if it gets postponed… The invitations…Families… Guests… Yixing oppa’s family will be here in two days…”

“Oh God, are you serious?” Eunji heard Bomi was muffled in tears, “Bomi, don’t cry. Please, don’t cry. I’ll try my best. I’ll try to talk to them… You stay there and relax, okay?” Eunji stood up abruptly and ran a hand near her forehead to message the area between her brows. “Does Yixing oppa knows about this?”

“… No,” A choke was being let out. “Eunji, what should I do? What if—”

“— No, hell no,” Eunji cut her off, “I won’t let that stupid couple ruin your wedding. Nope, it won’t happen. I’ll call you later, okay? I need to get ready. I’ll call you later. Just… Don’t cry, okay, Bbom? I’ll try my best.”

Eunji ended the phone call and abruptly stood up off her bed. She was rushing, getting ready to go to the church. Bomi has been a great and understanding friend these years – importantly in high school – so Eunji had to help her.

“Even Bomi is going to be married,” she unconsciously said to herself, “… When will be my turn?” she huffed and went to the bathroom.

 

 

The first thing that crossed Jongdae’s mind when he returned from States was one thing only: he needs to buy a tuxedo.

He was assigned by Yixing to be one of his best men and that meant he would be standing in the front along with him, waiting for the bride to walk the aisle.

Jongdae already knew it from the beginning though, that Yixing would end up with Bomi no matter what. That’s just too sweet. Dating since high school – Bomi and Yixing sure had something to brag about to their children later. Talking about high school, Jongdae let out a sad smile, remembering that his love life wasn’t as great as the older.

He still missed her at times. He still dreamt about her, still thought about her, and the worst part, he still expected her to stay single until today. But who’s he kidding. Jung Eunji was hurt so bad because of him, why should she wait for him?

“Yo,”

Jongdae let out a smirk when he saw a familiar figure was leaning his arms against the guard rail. That male was also smirking as well as he saw Jongdae stepped closer to him.

There’s nothing changed about his very best friend, Byun Baekhyun, at all. He was all stayed the same, still short – simply because Jongdae was a bit taller than him – still sassy, and his hair was still dyed in majestic ways – now he colored it into honey blonde – the color that Jongdae has never tried before in his life. For him, brown was the best.

“You’re such an , do you know that?” Baekhyun spoke up and helped him with the bags. “You’re just coming home because of Yixing hyung’s wedding. And then what, you’ll be back again, hiding?” Baekhyun gazed at his old best friend and there’s something more that hasn’t changed about Baekhyun – he’s still nosy. “Even Junmyeon hyung already returned home for good,”

“Shut up, Byun, I’m coming over in peace…” Jongdae followed the male and checked out the airport carefully. Nothing has really changed after eight years, Jongdae believed that. He followed Baekhyun until they reached the car and finally stepped in to the car, leaving the paler widening his eyes and cursing under his breath – because he was left to put his entire luggage inside the trunk.

“Just so you know, , I’m not your chauffeur,” Baekhyun said as he started the engine. Jongdae only chuckled responding to his harsh remark.

“So, how’s everyone?” Jongdae asked, his eyes were wandering around. Seoul and everything inside were always enchanting, no matter how far he has been.

Baekhyun pouted, tapping an index finger on his chin, “How do we start?” He pretended to think – as if this Byun was able to think, “Junmyeon hyung and Chorong noona are happily married, they still fight sometimes, about crazy little things, damn, I even get headache hearing their stupid arguments about what color should be painted on their future child’s bedroom…”

Jongdae snorted, “Tell me about it,”

“Ummm, Chanyeol is fine. He’s going steady with Ara now, pretty crazy huh? But yeah… They are going steady and all happy. I broke up with Jiyeon few months back, probably because things don’t go as easy as high school…” Baekhyun reasoned and Jongdae could sense the bitter feeling coming out of his tone, “… Bomi and Yixing are going nuts about the wedding…” And it seemed like Baekhyun wanted to tease his best friend’s temper, because he left his tone hanging.

Jongdae cleared his throat, resisting the urge to let out such a horrible question – it is horrible because once he asked, he’s going to keep asking about everything related to her. So no, Jongdae opted to look away, refusing to see Baekhyun’s teasing smile.

“You’re sure you won’t ask about her?” Baekhyun had the audacity to test him, “About how she’s living nowadays, about what she’s doing after you’re gone, about who she’s seeing,” and never called Byun Baekhyun as an alluring negotiator, because once he pressed his tone at the final word, Jongdae unconsciously turned his head and met Baekhyun’s playful eyes.

“You win,” Jongdae raised his hands in defeat. “I really want to know. Could you please not be a jerk and tell me about it?”

“I would,” Baekhyun gave Jongdae his Chesire’s grin and continued, “… After you did something for me…”

***

“I heard Jongdae is coming over,” Ara mumbled to the tall male that was busy changing the sheets. Ara looked at him, he was nodding. “I really missed him.”

“Me too,” Chanyeol turned around, signaling the female to hand him the clean sheets to him and she did, she handed the plain pink sheets to him. She was sitting on the couch, watching him changing the pillow’s sheet in silence.

For Ara, it was all good dreams, almost impossible good dreams that come true. Even it took almost forever for Chanyeol to learn about his real feelings to her, Ara really didn’t mind, she never regretted everything she did to have him, because finally she deserved him.

She still remembered the day when Chanyeol came over to her house after going to the airport to send off the Kim Siblings. It was still crystal clear for Ara when Chanyeol pulled her into a hug and mumbled some incoherent words about being dumb, being stupid, and the most important line was I don’t want to lose you like Jongdae and Eunji did to each other. All Ara could remember that Chanyeol was hugging her so tight, until she was almost out of breath.

 And here they were, still trying and figuring out things. They still had their quarrels – mostly because Chanyeol was still oblivious about his feelings, so sometimes he would be acting carelessly about her – or even maybe that one time when Chanyeol didn’t do anything when there was a guy flirted at her right in front of his nose.

But Ara couldn’t ask for more, he was there, helping her to cope with her bad habits – Ara found it really cute when Chanyeol refused to leave on her sessions, he even said “She will only do well when I’m around, so let me be with her,” and Ara fell much deeper with him.

Chanyeol turned around, a very pearly wide smile was created on his flawless face as he walked toward Ara. He caressed her hair lovingly and murmured, “… I am hungry,”

“You are?” Ara looked up and Chanyeol embraced her by putting his long arm on her neck. It’s been years, yet Ara still fell in love with him like the first time.

Chanyeol nodded, but his phone vibrated. He took it out and let Ara read it together with him – another reason to fall deeper for Park Chanyeol.

They looked at each other second after, and a wide smile appeared on both faces.

“I’ll make you sandwich for snacks, okay?” Ara stood up and rushed quickly toward the kitchen.

“I want chicken,” Chanyeol retorted and he was also rushed to the bathroom, “… I’ll get shower first… Just come inside if only you want to,”

“PARK CHANYEOL,” Yeah, another stupid reason to fall deeper for him.

 

 

“It’s a girl, Rong, trust me…” Junmyeon sighed, trying to coax his wife to agree on his opinion. “And pink is going to be wonderful for her room, trust me.”

“Jun,” Chorong sighed also at his wife, “I am the one that bringing your baby, and I am the one that know what this will be. This baby will be a boy,” Chorong said, “He’s kicking a lot…”

On their agreement, they decided to not doing any USG to find out who this would be. They wanted to be surprised and they didn’t want to expect – because based on Chorong’s experience, her mother used to say that she went to USG and the doctor said Chorong would be a boy, which was not, clearly and Chanyeol was supposed to be a girl, which was the exact opposite – so they decided to let it be.

And now, the let-it-be things were getting complicated, Junmyeon wanted a baby girl while Chorong wanted all the way around. Having a boy meant that all the taekwondo she learnt when she was five wouldn’t go waste. But for Junmyeon, having a girl meant that he would have someone to share all the passions toward books, music, and maybe ballet – Junmyeon had this stupid envy on his maknae, Jongin, for being so damn good and confident doing ballet.

“But you crave for sweets these past weeks, Rong. It meant we’re having a baby girl,” Junmyeon still insisted.

“A boy, he’s kicking a lot. And maybe, Jun, our baby boy is going to look so sweet like the cupcakes you bought me few days ago…”

They were almost jumped into another useless fight, until Junmyeon’s phone vibrated. He took a look and a smile appeared on his face. Curious, Chorong leaned closer to read whatever her husband has just read.

And the same smile appeared on her face. She said, “Let’s not fight for today,”

Junmyeon nodded, “Agreed.”

***

“Hello,” Eunji greeted a priest that was done praying. He turned around and Eunji still smiled sweetly at him, “I… Uh, I’m Jung Eunji, my best friend, Yoon Bomi is going to be married here next week…”

That priest smiled understandingly and nodded, he reached out his hand and Eunji grabbed it warmly, “Call me Father Kim,” Eunji nodded, “And yeah, Yoon Bomi… With Zhang Yixing, if I’m not mistaken?”

“Yes!” Eunji clapped her hands in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter