He came in like a wrecking ball; Soo's never hit his head so hard

Unexpected But More Than Appreciated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       To say Kyungsoo wasn't looking forward to what he found when he opened his apartment door, was an understatement. Kai had been texting Kyungsoo every second of the day after finding out Kyungsoo wasn't picking up his calls. The texts seemed more and more urgent as the day went on - even resorting to capitals in the late afternoon. Kyungsoo probably sent out one text to every eleven Kai sent. Along with Kai's texts there was the overgrown elf texting him idiotic messages aswell, making it hard for Kyungsoo to even catch sight of the messages sent for work.

     Kyungsoo had started full out debating how to enter with the least mess possible; he could either enter stealthily and quietly so the other didn't hear him or quickly as possible, putting his bag down on the counter as soon as he got in and accept whatever came at him. For all he knows, Kai could be still sitting in front of the door. Kyungsoo sincerely hoped he wasn't .

       Kyungsoo bet on entering quietly, turning around so he was facing the door, he shut it and placed the take away food on the floor. He had completely braced himself and squeezed his eyes shut, fully expecting something to happen.

 

Only it didn't.

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and sure enough, when he turned around, there was no Kai sitting on the floor in front of him. Apart from the open cabinets and the pillows scattered from this morning, his apartment was exactly the same. No broken lamps, no tipped sofas and no toilet paper unraveled on the carpet. He had anticipated much, much worst. Where was Kai anyway? He wasn't in eye line of Kyungsoo at all.

 

"Kai...?"

 

"Kyung.. Soo...?"

 

Admittidly it was weird hearing someone call him a name other than 'hyung' but he didn't spare much time on this thought.

Kyungsoo heard Kai's voice before he saw him. A head poked through the doorframe of his bedroom from down the hallway. Kyungsoo couldn't even react to the boy hurtling towards him.

 

THUD

 

Kyungsoo let out a pained groan as he felt a fresh lump start to form on the back of his head. It'll be a while before that goes down. Ow. Kyungsoo looked through wincing eyes at Kai, who was busily nuzziling his face into Kyungsoo's stomach, his arms wrapped round Kyungsoo's waist, once again. 

Kyungsoo sat up sat up with a sharp hiss escaping his lips and rubbed his bruise. Finding himself immobile under Kai's weight, he tapped the clearly distracted boy who was mumbling to himself, on the head.

"Kai, could you please just move a bit so I can get up?"

"NO! You were gone for so long!! Too long! You're never leaving ever again!! No!"

Kyungsoo sighed so deep he was pretty sure the walls of the lungs were touching. He started to wriggle free of Kai's grasp even through the con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter