Puppy Training Classes

Unexpected But More Than Appreciated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The impatient tapping of Kyungsoo's foot echoed through the noiseless apartment; it was nearing six and both residents were residing on the sofa after a swift meal. The peaceful breaths stirring the still air beside him indicated that Kai had fallen asleep, leaning his heavy head against Kyungsoo's shoulder.

Although Kyungsoo had been quite capable of choking Chanyeol in his grasp in the past without even a slither of guilt, his sadistic side seemed to have been weared down by the arrival of Kai. He no longer had the heart to push Kai away from him like he would have a few weeks ago. Instead he caught himself glancing upon the boy with a shaded fondness.

The sight lulled Kyungsoo into a sort of tranquil state, his foot slowing pace to a comfortable halt.

 

Though, it was short-lived.

 

*buzz buzz*

 

Kyungsoo jolted back into full consciousness, bringing Kai back with him.
Kyungsoo hurriedly answered the door, letting Suho in, to lead him to the lounge.
Kyungsoo fiddled with his fingers, waiting for Suho to conduct the opening sentence.

 

"I'd suggest bonding with him"

 

Kyungsoo squinted at Suho with a skeptical look.

 

"And how exactly do you expect to do that"

 

Suho's lips curved into a knowing smile as he made his way over to Kai, who had now, (without the presence of Kyungsoo next to him) started to back away.

Kyungsoo, unknown to himself, had also started orbiting towards Kai.


Once they all had effectively just circled round the lounge, Suho gave Kyungsoo a sort of 'help me please' look.
Kyungsoo blinked a few times before nodding as if picking up on what Suho was trying to say.

 

"Kai"

 

Kai whipped his head round at the sound of Kyungsoo's voice, now louder upon approaching him.

 

"Just listen to what Suho says, he is not going to hurt anyone, especially not you"

 

Kai, wide eyed and unsure at the sudden statement, didn't even have time to consider accepting as Suho reached forward and ruffled Kai's hair; a horrified Kyungsoo beside him.

 

Stunned by the unexpected contact, Kai froze. His whole body tensed up, paralysed with an expression Kyungsoo didn't recognise.

 

Suho grinned and kept ruffling Kai's hair, bringing his hand down to scratch behind his ears and under his chin.

 

Immediately the effects of this started to kick in; Kai's whole body went slack as he leant forward into the touch with a low hum. He gradually broke into a warm, affectionate smile, his eyes sliding shut.

Kyungsoo, who had been beside Suho ready to pull him away, was staring at the scene in amazement; searching back and forth from Suho to Kai, looking for some kind of explanation to this phenomenon.

Suho started chuckling when he caught sight of Kyungsoo's face.

 

"It's not that surprising really. All dogs crave human contact because it shows that someone cares, it creates a little bond."

 

Kyungsoo was almost starting to feel guilty that he hadn't researched or noticed that Kai had liked this before. I mean, isn't it natural to pet your dog?

 

"To be quite honest, I wasn't sure how Kai would react"

 

Kyungsoo really started to doubt Suho's sanity. Kyungsoo had told him about how Kai reacted to him on his first night here.

 

"What if he got violent?! Dogs do that you know?"

 

Suho carried on laughing and brought his hand back to his side. He gave out a small shrug.

 

"I guessed. Although he's probably been through a lot I was hoping his craving for attention would overrule it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter