'Bring Your Pet To Work' Day

Unexpected But More Than Appreciated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was midday and Kyungsoo had the urge to punch someone in the face. People at his work had started to notice aswell, obvious due to the fact they avoided his office if they could, only entering to hand him paperwork or reports but leaving immediately. Being joint Vice President of a music company had its benefits.

Kyungsoo took it as a good thing as it left them no time to question the boy sitting next to him, shooting lasers at anyone who came through the closed door. Kyungsoo was starting to wonder whether Kai was actually the reason behind their hesitation to come in.

However, a certain other VP, wishing upon himself a death sentence, comfortably strolled through the door that connected their two offices at each break he found.

The constant interruptions from Sehun, annoying texts from Chanyeol and continual nagging from Kai had Kyungsoo clawing at the walls. Metaphorically speaking. His boss would kill him if he found any of the posters or framed records damaged.

Speaking of his boss, Suho hadn't come in to checkup on Kyungsoo yet; meaning he was still due to. Kyungsoo didn't even want to know what kind of reaction he'd have to Kai giving him looks like he planning to bite off his head. Last time he checked there was no 'bring your boyfriend to work' day.

Wait, boyfriend?

That can't be right; it'd be more like bring your dog to work day. But who would believe that.

Kyungsoo was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of the door opening. And it wasn't Sehun this time.

His boss made his way over to his desk with sure and definite footsteps; each one making Kyungsoo slide lower and lower into his seat, willing himself to be hidden behind the computer screen. Kai, conversely, sat up even more despite Kyungsoo's repeated tugging at his sleeve, attempting to look more intimidating. Which wasn't hard for Kai considering that his boss was the same height as Kyungsoo.

To be fair, his boss was not scary in the slightest; his short stature, soft features and kind personality really wasn't something to be feared. Kyungsoo was more worried about what he would say to his boss, knowing full well he couldn't say the truth.

"Erm... Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yes..?"

 

Kyungsoo steadily inched his way up so he could see over the computer, forcing as bright a smile as he could without looking suspicious. Unknown to him, everyone who knew Kyungsoo found that smile especially creepy - including his boss.

 

"... I was just wondering who your friend was?"

 

A gentle smile was shown on Suho's face, making Kyungsoo feel guilty for thinking of lying.

"News of the new arrival has spread really quickly in the office, so I thought I should come say hello"

Kyungsoo stood up so fast he nearly got whiplash. Kai remained where he was, glowering at Suho.
Kyungsoo bowed to Suho.

 

"I'm sorry for not informing you before."

 

Kyungsoo straightened up and forcefully tugged Kai to his feet, pressing his head down into a bow; much to his displeasure.

 

"This is my dog, Kai"

 

" ..... "

 

" .... "

 

In that one moment everything went blank in Kyungsoo's mind. Wide eyed, he looked up at his boss in horror. Suho seemed just as shocked as Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo felt like dying right then and there.

 

"I-I'll just be leaving. It was nice meeting you Kai"

 

Suho quickly bowed in return and began scuttling hastily towards the door. Kyungsoo scrambled round the desk, knocking over his desk lamp and others o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter