I Don't Know What To Say No More

Unexpected But More Than Appreciated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stress-related. He was pretty sure his headache was stress-related. The prospects of what could be waiting for him at home were unbalancing his organised thoughts.  Both Chanyeol and Kai were refusing to respond to the vast infinite of panic attacks he had sent to them. Clock watching had taken up a temporary vacancy on  Kyungsoo's hobby list, further taunting the irritation at the front of his mind.

As soon as the hand hit home Kyungsoo rushed out of his seat, scattering papers as he grabbed his computer and dashed for the door. Skittles didn't even have time to burst into his office to hinder his packing. Sprinting down the stairs and on down the street, he hadn't spared a glance at that one alleyway like he had daily before heading on.

The adrenaline forced his hands to shake when handling his keys. He jammed the key into the lock and bounded into the apartment, propelled by the pressure he had put on the door.

He was met with the sight of nothing. No one was in the kitchen, or the lounge. Although, a slightly obnoxious laughter that seemed to be coming from his bedroom had came to an abrupt halt upon hearing the slammed door.

Haste steps had him at the closed door within seconds. Scrambling movements and suspicious whispers slithered through the cracks in the closed entrance. He pulled the door open. 

Except it wouldn't budge.

He didn't have a lock on his door though. 
He gave the door a sharp tug. It gave way enough for Kyungsoo to spot two hands grasping the handle through the crack. Kyungsoo had a few more tugs at the door before calling out the culprit.


"Chanyeol, I'll give you five seconds to open the door."


In the next moment, Kyungsoo was thrown backwards by the opening door. Kyungsoo held his face in his hands, prodding the bruised area. Chanyeol came through the door and shut it. Thankfully he was dressed normally. Like the rest of them should be. 


"I think it's best if you don't go in there... Um... Kai and I messed it up.. Quite bad... Playing about. I'll clear it up. Why not come back later? When we're done cleaning?"


If there was one thing Kyungsoo could always tell about Chanyeol was when he was lying (and the fact he was ridiculously gullible). It was painfully obvious when he did it. But with all that height his brain must have been compromised, as he continued to believe he was good at it. Kyungsoo never thought to tell him different though... 


"Chanyeol. Move."


"Just wait a s-"


"Final warning. Move."


"But it's so mess-"


His sentence was smothered alongside with his dignity as Kyungsoo trapped his head in a headlock. It took Chanyeol five tries before he broke out of it and by the time he caught his breath Kyungsoo had already entered. 

However, the bedroom was far from messy. Kyungsoo had always made it in the morning and Kai, mostly, left it be, just like he had today. 


"Kai, could you come out here for me?"


Kyungsoo figured only Kai would listen to him out of all of the twits in the room. He'd have to deal with the neighbourhood idiots later.

A scrambling Baekhyun skidded out of the on-suite bathroom connected to the room, chucking out nonsensical words, making sure to shut the door in Kai's face (revealed by the quick push at nothing and squeak that came after). Face set into a panic and hands up in denial or defence, Kyungsoo guessed the latter, he babbled out his words.

"I-I can explain!"

It only took one scan of Baekhyun to know that it was a terrible idea to leave Kai in the hands of them, it now seemed equivalent to the blind leading the blind. Let alone tell them about his mother coming over. The prankster, as Kyungsoo recalled the many annoyances he found when he came home to Chanyeol, and his sidekick would indefinitely plan something. Although, he had expected better of Baekhyun being smart enough to qualify as a doctor. Obviously not.

Obviously not from the extraordinary getup he had on. 

The blond wig appeared to extend from his previous cut, cascading curls down just past his shoulders. 
Sharp hips had been rounded by the summer dress he had on, despite the not-so-warm weather outside. The skirt pushed out at the hips giving Baekhyun a slim, curvy shape that could easily have him mistaken for a girl.
His already flawless face has now been enhanced by the mascara and slight blusher, overpowered by the overwhelming red of embarrassment flooding his face. His former scrabble with Kai in the bathroom had left his pink lipstick slightly smudged at the corner, a compromising state.

A state that left Chanyeol bug-eyed and choking on air. Or was that spit. Kyungsoo concluded that he was not the only one that hadn't seen Baekhyun like this before. 


"Two seconds. I'm giving you two seconds to explain."


Baekhyun always kept one hand on the bathroom handle and one on the hem of the dress.


"It was just going to be a joke to scare you whilst you were at work"


Of course.


"But you came home earlier than we expected before we had time to take the pictures and send them to you and then change back out of the clothes, we were still changing in the bathroom when you came!"


A pregnant silence wafted round the room. Considering the situation, it was strange that Kyungsoo was finding the awkward tension amusing. Between the gaping, gulping Chanyeol and the fiddling, fidgeting Baekhyun, Kyungsoo was internally cackling.

It's always a short lived moment though.


"Kyungsoo! Are you in there! Can't you hear me knocking?"


Kyungsoo jumped at the sound of the voice, eyes flitting around to find a solution to the current problem in front of him.


"Screw it. We have no time, let's go."


Kyungsoo grabbed a bewildered Baekhyun and dragged him out of the room.


"Chanyeol. Stay here with Kai. Do not. Make any sound."


Chanyeol nodded in confirmation. Baekhyun turned to protest as he stumbled down the hallway.


"But-"


"You got me in this, you're going to get me out of it"


"I don't look anything lik-"


"Too bad"


Rebels were shut down when he was shoved on to a sofa.


"Just go along with it, she's not that observant"


Kyungsoo ran over to open the door to his impatient mother, who immediately squashed him in a hug.


"I missed you so much! How could you leave it so long to speak to me!"


"Mum.. I'm .. Suffocating"


When she had finally let Kyungsoo go, she made her uninvited way into the lounge. Kyungsoo shut the door as quickly as he could in his irritated state and proceeded to follow his mother into the lounge.


Baekhyun had immediately stood and bowed when he spotted Kyungsoo's mother. Kyungsoo had to admit, Baekhyun did a great job of acting just with his body language, he wouldn't have been able to definitely say he was a guy from it. It seems he had also cleaned up his smeared lipstick. 


"You must be Kyungsoo's mother. It's a pleasure to meet you."


Kyungsoo's mother looked upon Baekhyun with a frown. 


"Your not Kyungsoo's girlfriend."


Kyungsoo's confusion flew through the room. If she had spotted Baekhyun was a guy she would have worded it differently, right? 
Baekhyun stood rigid beside Kyungsoo, frequently flitting over to him.


"And how would you know that, Umma?"


K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter