A Winter Sickness Perhaps?

Unexpected But More Than Appreciated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It didn't take long for the both of them to fall asleep that night; exhaustion from flushing their system of secrets. 
Both clung to each other, melding together two hearts to mend the broken pieces. Counting each beat as lost sheep, trotting through clouded minds.

 

 


Jongin hadn't failed to notice the sudden tenderness extending off Kyungsoo's actions the next day. It had probably started from his wake up call, he'd just been too distracted to see it.

 

 

Jongin was startled awake at the gentle hand shaking his shoulder; his usual lie-in disrupted by Kyungsoo, who usually left for work without him.


"Jongin-ah, come on or we'll be late"


He left Kyungsoo's apparent tender tone down to his rose tinted haze of a sleep-dazed mind. Kyungsoo's voice hadn't indicated the slightest sound of husk, meaning he'd probably been up for a while.

 

He probably should have caught on when Kyungsoo took extra precautions in dressing Jongin up for the cold outside. Unnecessarily rummaging around in his closet to equip the boy with a dark bobbled beanie and some matching fingerless gloves. Aswell as wrapping Jongin up in a fluffy crimson scarf - slightly on the short side - that swirled round to cover his mouth and top of his nose. He looked ridiculous, yes. Resembling a penguin even. But it was comfortably warm, just as Kyungsoo had said. And he was more than happy not to question it.

They made it to the work building at a steady pace, not rushing in the slightest. Jongin stumbled and tripped over his feet, not fully awake but fully aware of his hyung's warm hand pulling him along by his gloved own.


It was at a point now where Jongin must've been dangerously thick not to acknowledge the change in tune. Kyungsoo didn't let Jongin out of sight, even when a meeting popped up he'd either excuse himself from it or bring Jongin right along - without hesitation. Or And although Jongin was thankful for the avoided separation, he could help but feel slightly uncomfortable. Was he causing Kyungsoo to act out of his character?

Unfortunately along with the obscure behaviour Kyungsoo radiated, he kept missing the silent glances and smiles fixed on him. The abrupt shakes of his head and the contrived, wooden stares pointedly fixed on his screen - the backspace button often abused by its operator.

Kyungsoo guiltily recoiled when he heard some sharp knocking on his door. Jongin raised his head.


Kyungsoo restrained himself from shooting the messenger.


"Suho want to see you in his office. Alone"


The messenger took on an sharp tone toward the last word.He quickly left.


"I won't be long. Stay here until I come back"


Kyungsoo seemed to leave in a little tantrum.

However Jongin had yet to take a breath before a questionable imp entered through the attached office door.


"Hey hyu-"


The currently blond worker, although visible dark roots indicating a different natural, paused his step.


"Where's Kyungsoo?"


Jongin looked upon the other with a nonchalant expression.


"At a meeting. Why?"


"I haven't dropped in for my daily dose of grumpy yet"


Jongin looked skeptical, sending a scrutinising stare over to the other.

 

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"

 

"..."

 

Sehun choked.


Yes, they had gotten off to the wrong start, but denying his known existence? 
That was a whole new level. 

Sehun let a subtle - well about as subtle as his hair colour - 'tsk' sound pass his tight lips, and surfaced a suspicious smile.

He'd get Kyungsoo back for that. Definitely.


"It doesn't really matter to you"


He countered as he sat the opposite side of the desk.


"How are you and hyung doing these days? He doesn't like talking to me about yo- never mind. 


Sehun leaned forward on the desk.


"Well?"


Jongin let an frustrated sigh pass his lips. Sehun waited in anticipation.


"Hmm?"


Prompting the boy to talk with a sound of apparent curiosity. Jongin stretched out his arms on the desk, resting his head forward in them.


"Well.. Kyung hyung has been acting kinda strange lately"


"How so?"


Sehun retained his placid smile. Jongin hesitated.


"He's just.. I don't know... Softer?"


Okay, Sehun's curiosity was peeked.

 

"From when did he start acting weird?"

 

"Probably last night after he kissed m-"

 

Jongin straightened up before covering his mouth. Frantic, flustered hand motions followed.


"No- I mean-"

 

Sehun was more than a little curious now. Anything he could use against his hyung later was music to his ears.

 

"You can't tell anyone!"

 

Sehun shook his head, an arrogant heir to his already egoistic self.

 

"I wasn't planning to"

 

Jongin didn't seem very trusting of the vanilla blond across from him.

 

"Trust me~"

 

Sehun continued to probe the poor boy opposite him. 

 

"What d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter