004

Fate Often Mistook

Taehyung was about to go downstairs when his phone suddenly rang. He clicked his tongue and went towards his table only to see that Hoseok was the one who called him. Jung Hoseok.

“Yeah?” Taehyung spoke after pressing the answer button.

“Taehyung-ah,” Hoseok spoke at the other line.

Taehyung mumbled in confuse. “What, Hoseok?”

“You’re my friend, right?” Hoseok said, and Taehyung nodded in confuse again.

“You’re the beeest friend ever. You’re cool, handsome, smart-“

“What happened?” Taehyung curved his eyebrows, he felt confused that Hoseok suddenly called him and spoke like that.

“Please, please, please. Please do me a favor. Please help me.”

Taehyung sat down uncomfortably at his bed because Hoseok seemed having a problem. He mumbled and said, “Of course I will, hey. What’s your problem?”

There was a moment of silence before Hoseok finally spoke.

 

“I forgot to buy the equipments for the camp.”

 

Taehyung forced a super bitter smile and mumbled sweetly yet sarcastically, “You want me to accompany you to the supermarket, Mr. Jung…?”

Hoseok nodded slowly. “U-uh, yes.”

“And do you realize that now it’s been 8 PM?” Taehyung spoke again, the way he spoke sounded sweet yet scary at the same time that it gave chill down to Hoseok’s spine.

“Listen, I know I’m dumb and things but-“

“Yah, you crazy bastard!!” Taehyung yelled loudly, and once again, Hoseok gave a gap between the phone and his ear to prevent early deafness. “Why didn’t you do the preparation since afternoon?! You are indeed a foolish! If you want me to accompany you, at least call me at evening, not at night!”

“So you still want to accompany me?” Hoseok excitedly said. Taehyung immediately stunned for saying such things, but everything came out from him was just a sigh.

“I take that as a yes,” Hoseok answered and Taehyung could tell from his voice that Hoseok was grinning from ear to ear. “I’ll be outside your house in about ten minutes later, okay?”

Taehyung just mumbled an ‘hm’; he still felt quite shocked.

“Okay, I’ll hang up,” Hoseok let out a smooch-like voice and he was still grinning widely when he hung the phone up.

Taehyung took his phone off his ear and sat down quietly for a moment before he finally got mentally pulled back into the reality. He rushed to his wardrobe to take a T-Shirt and jeans, and Taehyung quickly wore them.

He took his phone from the bed and quickly inserted it into his pocket; he ran towards the table and took a small comb to at least make his hair a little tidier. But then he started messing his hair with his hands randomly and cursed under his breath.

Taehyung just let his hair like that and he went towards the drawer to take at least five dollars. He put them inside his pocket.

It seemed to be a fast preparation but actually it almost took ten minutes. Taehyung opened his door and ran out quickly, but then he ran back to his room again only to take his jacket. It was cold outside, of course, it’s been eight.

“Mom, I’m out!” Taehyung yelled when he was running downstairs. Soon enough his mom replied, “Where?”

“Uh,” Taehyung mumbled as he took his sneakers to wear. “Only for a walk with a friend!”

Taehyung sat down the floor and tried to wear his sneakers as soon as possible. His mom yelled again, “Bring your jacket with you!”

He glanced at his jacket which was still wrapped around his shoulder and he said, “I’ve!”

Taehyung immediately ran out of the house once he finished tying his sneakers. He opened the gate and got out of the house, still panting hard enough because he had rushing since Hoseok told him that he will be there in ten minutes.

He looked around, and thank God, Hoseok hadn’t there yet –because it will be burdensome if Hoseok waited for him, so it’s better that he wait for Hoseok.

Suddenly a figure of a guy from the alley appeared; that guy was running towards Taehyung and even though it was night and dark, Taehyung still knew that it was Hoseok. He smiled in reflect as Hoseok stopped in front of him, still panting hard. Hoseok supported his tired body with his palms on his knees, and he glanced up to see Taehyung.

“Have you waited for a long time?” Hoseok asked in his breath. Taehyung just shook his head and chuckled happily; glad that Hoseok didn’t want him to wait. “Nope, you came as I got out of my house.”

Hoseok chuckled in relief, still, between his pant. “Let’s go,” he mumbled.

Taehyung nodded and Hoseok stood up properly again. But a second after they just started walking, Hoseok mumbled, “Wait,” and stopped walking to stand behind Taehyung. Taehyung mumbled in confuse. “Huh?”

Hoseok gently took the jacket that was still wrapped on Taehyung’s shoulder off. Taehyung was frozen; he didn’t even know how to act when Hoseok took his hand to get it inside the jacket.

A moment without anyone speaking happened. Hoseok kept on smiling while wrapping Taehyung with the jacket, and Taehyung kept on glancing down, didn’t know what to do. He didn’t even remember how fast his heart beat and how long he had held his breath.

“Finished,” Hoseok said happily and walked to stand beside Taehyung. He immediately wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder and dragged Taehyung to walk. Taehyung looked down shyly; sometimes he would steal a glance at Hoseok. Hoseok just smiled and casually walked.

“You ran all the way to my house?” slowly Taehyung asked with his gaze locked at Hoseok’s eyes. Hoseok looked at him and said, “I have to go fast, right?” before he chuckled.

Taehyung made a face at Hoseok and he stuck out his lower lip. “Foolish you, you must be tired.”

Hoseok chuckled and wrapped his arm tighter. “Of course no.”

Taehyung just let out a halfhearted chuckle and leaned himself closer to Hoseok. Hoseok chuckled and messed Taehyung’s hair. “Thank you, hm?”

Taehyung just nodded. Both of them laughed lightly as they got closer with the supermarket.

“It’s cold,” Taehyung muttered and his palms together.

“Here,” Hoseok briefly gripped one of Taehyung’s hands and kept it inside Hoseok’s jacket’s pocket with their fingers tangled. Taehyung could feel his cheeks got warmer in this cold night. Hoseok glanced at the shy Taehyung and he just chuckled.

“You’re cute.”

“Shut up.”

There was no one but them at the empty, dark street, but the warmth and love in the air had been too much to hold.

“Let’s see…”

Taehyung took the list of equipments for him and Hoseok to buy. He read it one by one and Hoseok sneaked out behind his shoulder. “These are just the ones I haven’t had, I rewrote it.”

Taehyung mumbled halfheartedly and pulled Hoseok’s hand to start buying things. “Let’s find some first aid kits since those are closer from here.”

Hoseok just nodded and followed Taehyung to enter the supermarket. Taehyung has had the little basket to collect things and the list of things to buy on his other hand. He began to read it and collect things.

“Band aid…” he mumbled one thing from the list and went towards the band aid’s rack, followed by Hoseok who was just following since they entered the supermarket like a duck and its mother.

Hoseok casually took one small band aid pack with cute cartoon characters printed on it. He threw it towards the basket, but then Taehyung took it and put it back to the rack.

“Yah, why?” Hoseok whined. Taehyung took a bigger plain band aid instead and looked at Hoseok. “You won’t get any profit if you buy that one. It’s expensive only because of the print.”

Hoseok gapped his mouth and slowly nodded. Taehyung continued, “Even between these products, the prize difference is one dollar.”

Both of them walked towards another rack. Hoseok mumbled in amusement. “You really rock in shopping, Taehyungie.”

Taehyung curved his eyebrows as he heard Hoseok’s new nickname for him. “It sounds like a puppy’s name.”

“It’s cute,” Hoseok wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder again.

Taehyung who was reading the list glanced at Hoseok in disbelief. “Whatever.”

Both of them continued shopping for equipments until it was nine. All things Hoseok needed for the camp tomorrow had been bought. Taehyung rubbed his eyes with his empty hand and mumbled, “I’m sleepy.”

Hoseok nodded and grabbed Taehyung’s shoulder to drag him towards the cashier. “Let’s pay and go home.”

Taehyung nodded with his sleepy face. Both of them slowly walked towards the cashier, but unfortunately the cashiers were full. Hoseok clicked his tongue and dragged Taehyung to stand at the least-full spot.

Taehyung took his phone from the pocket to check the clock. It has been nine past five now. He rubbed his palm on his face to make himself fresher, but still he yawned after.

Hoseok was also bored in waiting the line; he looked around and walked around in boredom. Taehyung was now supporting his head with one hand and was half asleep.

“Taehyung-ah,” Hoseok playfully called. Taehyung just lifted his head up and looked at Hoseok who was standing far enough from him. “Hm?”

“Should we also buy this?” Hoseok held a thing and approached it to Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung squinted and held Hoseok’s hand to see that thing nearer, but then he gapped his mouth in surprise.

It’s a… !

“Y-you ert!” Taehyung tried to yell playfully but everything came out was just a stutter. Hoseok laughed out loud and returned the inappropriate thing to its place nearby. He didn’t know why, Taehyung felt a little shy when Hoseok joked like that.

Hoseok returned to stand beside Taehyung and he placed his palm on Taehyung’s head just to pat it. He was still lightly chuckling because of his previous joke. Taehyung shyly avoided Hoseok’s eyes, so he just looked away.

“W-we have to walk to the front,” Taehyung stuttered and took the basket from the floor and walked because the line in front of him had gone thinner; which made Hoseok’s hand got rid of his head. Hoseok just simply followed him and stood behind Taehyung again.

After a long wait finally they had a chance to pay. Hoseok was the one who paid (since it’s his things, of course). And in a word, both of them had the stuffs paid and they walked out of the supermarket side by side with some plastics brought by Hoseok and the rest were brought by Taehyung.

Both of them walked towards Taehyung’s house. At the beginning Taehyung told Hoseok to go to Hoseok’s house first to put these things, but Hoseok kept on forcing to accompany Taehyung to go home first.

They walked without any voices, maybe because they had been sleepy. It has been nine past thirty without even realizing that time passed really quickly. Five minutes later, both of them were arrived in front of Taehyung’s house.

“Sleep well, hm?” Hoseok said after Taehyung handed him his stuffs. Taehyung nodded for several times and smiled.

“Once you get home, go pack stuffs for the camp tomorrow. Okay?” Taehyung spoke and glanced at Hoseok with a smile. Hoseok nodded and rose up his thumb. “Yes, sir.”

Taehyung held his laughter and shook his head. Hoseok put his palm on Taehyung’s head and slowly caressed it, causing Taehyung’s cheeks to feel hotter. “Good night, hm?”

Taehyung just nodded and shut his eyes as Hoseok said so. Hoseok chuckled; slowly he walked away from Taehyung’s house. Taehyung popped his head out to see Hoseok’s figure.

Hoseok glanced back and laughed; he simply waved with his back facing Taehyung. Taehyung grinned widely and waved back at Hoseok.

Taehyung felt so happy now.

 

...

a/n: holiday=faster update. so i love holiday xD

ugh i love those who have subscribed and upvoted <3