006

Fate Often Mistook

a/n: When I say ‘the boys’ it refers to BTS, when I say ‘the girls’ it refers to Jihye, Yoonjin and Jaerim.

 

...

After a long, long walk, finally all of them got into the point safely. No one gave up, but all of them were tired as hell. The houses had been shared, and the first class, the boys’ class, got the first house to stay.

All of them were now taking their shoes off to get into the house. The seniors who got to stay with them were unluckily the school committee’s president, Jung Yunho, and the school committee’s secretary, Kim Jaejoong –the secretary who glared creepily at Hoseok when they were still at the bus.

Yunho and Jaejoong had been inside the house, for exact the room where they would have the talk at. “Come on, kids!” Jaejoong yelled from inside.

One by one the juniors entered the room. They were still standing up and making crowds and noises. Yunho ordered them by yelling, “Please sit down in a circle!!”

Yunho and Jaejoong just calmly sat down at the floor when the juniors slowly took place to sit. They stared at the juniors one by one when finally Jaejoong’s gaze locked at Hoseok.

Jaejoong mischievously smirked and he poked Yunho’s shoulder. Yunho looked at him with a mumble and Jaejoong immediately pulled him closer to whisper something, still with his gaze locked at Hoseok.

 

Was he planning something because Hoseok kept on talking at the bus?

 

Yunho chuckled in amusement once Jaejoong finished whispering his order. He parted away from Jaejoong and looked at Hoseok.

Hoseok was standing beside Taehyung, both of them were still confused in finding spots to sit. The other boys had sat down at the right side of the circle, while the girls were beside them; but unluckily there were no spot left.

“You!” Yunho yelled and pointed at Hoseok.

Hoseok confusedly stared at Yunho and looked around to make sure that the ‘you’ he mentioned was him. He pointed his chest and said, “Me, senior?”

“Yes, you!” Yunho yelled again and patted the spot beside him; signing Hoseok to sit beside him.

Hoseok immediately nodded with a smile. He pulled Taehyung’s hand to sit with him, and Taehyung just simply followed Hoseok.

“Thanks, senior!” Hoseok bowed politely before finally sat exactly beside Yunho. Taehyung didn’t know what to do; he just bowed as well and sat beside Hoseok.

Taehyung actually still felt a bit broken because of the things happened back then when they were still climbing. Yes, Hoseok and Jihye’s act was something normal, but it left a big track inside his heart. He sighed and sat down with his back bended until his cheek touched the floor.

Slowly all of the juniors had sat down. Jaejoong clapped his hands three times to get their attention, and finally all of them sat properly and looked at those two seniors.

 

( final sitting position: )


 The seniors smiled proudly and Yunho beckoned at Jaejoong; giving hint for something. Jaejoong immediately nodded and crawled to a place behind Yunho and behind his previous place to take something.

“It’s such a pleasure to be in a camp with you all!” Yunho yelled, followed by the juniors’ reply, “Yes, senior!”

“In this orientation camp let us show our hard work and solidarity, no matter whom you are and in which class you are! Let us also show that we are one!!” Yunho yelled again, followed by the same answer from the juniors.

Finally Jaejoong went back to his previous place but he brought three medium-sized bottles of various wines and one large bowl with him. He sat down properly and handed Yunho those things, and Yunho smiled.

All the juniors immediately looked at the bottles in curious. Yunho put the bowl in front of him and he took the first wine bottle and opened the cap. It was a quite strong wine most of people were scared of. Taehyung could even feel the chill down his spine when Yunho poured everything inside the bottle to the bowl.

When they thought Yunho would stop pouring, it was proved wrong. Yunho put the emptied bottle beside him and Jaejoong immediately handed him the second smaller wine bottle. Yunho opened the cap and poured it again until the last drop.

Yunho did the same with the third bottle, so inside the large bowl there were three bottles of wine mixed together. Can you imagine how much it was? He smiled and looked around only to see the frightened faces of juniors. Yunho chuckled and raised the bowl until it was in front of his chest.

“By this bowl of wine,” Yunho spoke and looked at all juniors. “We will show our solidarity together.”

“Let us all drink from one bowl started from this side,” Yunho pointed at the side across Hoseok’s, “And let us all drink equally so that our friend here,” he pointed at Hoseok, “Won’t have to drink it all.”

Hoseok gapped his mouth once he realized the rule. The bowl would be passed from the other side to his side in the circle and each person would get the chance to drink, where Hoseok was the last person to drink –it means if the others didn’t drink much enough, Hoseok had to be the one who drink all of those wines until the bowl’s empty.

“Remember, I don’t want to see any drop of wine left when the bowl returns to me!” Yunho said and playfully smiled. “I will drink first.”

Yunho raised the bowl until it was in front of his mouth and started drinking. He only drank a sip! Yunho took the bowl off as the juniors clapped their hands. He passed the bowl to Jaejoong beside him who also took a sip only.

Worse than that, some of the juniors didn’t even take a sip –they only poked their lips with the bowl. Hoseok widened his eyes and stared in disbelief at those who didn’t even drink.

The boys and the girls helped him, at least, by drinking two or three sips. But it couldn’t help that much. Hoseok nervously rubbed his nape and looked around. There were still many students who obviously won’t drink and Taehyung, the guy who got drunk easily and obviously won’t drink that much, was sitting beside him.

So it meant that he would drink almost all the wine.

Namjoon from the other side cringed in sympathy at Hoseok, and Hoseok just pouted at him.

Ah, what should I do? Hoseok thought and sighed. He rubbed his face and thought would he give an excuse not to drink or to just drink it all and-

Suddenly the whole room but Hoseok clapped their hands.

Hoseok immediately looked at his right and the sight of Kim Taehyung drinking everything inside the bowl just made him surprised. Taehyung helped him in drinking the wine in one shot and Hoseok could see from his side that Taehyung’s face was all red because of the alcohol.

Hoseok gapped his mouth, even wider than before. He didn’t even know Taehyung could drink this much! He started chuckling happily and patting Taehyung’s back. “Dude, you rock!”

Once Taehyung finished drinking, he immediately shut his eyes tight and slammed the bowl down the floor. Jaejoong chuckled happily and said, “This is what we want!”

Hoseok kept on patting Taehyung’s back and smiling widely. Taehyung opened his eyes and Hoseok was surprised to see that droopy pair of eyes was all red because of the wine.

Was… he drunk?

 

, Hoseok forgot that this boy got drunk easily.

 

Hoseok chuckled awkwardly and attempted to pat Taehyung’s head, but in super quick reflect Taehyung immediately slapped Hoseok’s hand that has been in the air away. His drunken gaze locked at Hoseok’s eyes, and Hoseok nervously moved himself a little backward. “T-taehyung-ah?”

Whispers started to be audible from every side of the room, asking the truth whether he was really drunk or not. And the truth, he was.

“Yah, you foolish!!” Taehyung started yelling at Hoseok with his eyes still locked at Hoseok’s. Hoseok opened his mouth wide when Taehyung yelled so.

“Oh God, so he’s really that drunk,” Jaejoong murmured in low voice.

“You-“ Taehyung spoke once but then he gestured like he was about to throw up by shutting his eyes in a moment, but then he screamed again, “I hope you hate Jihye!”

Surprised gasps were audible in the room, but Hoseok didn’t give anything meaningful as the response. He just stared in disbelief at Taehyung, but then he immediately stood up and brought Taehyung out of the room which directed him to get out of the house once Taehyung showed the signs like he was about to throw up.

All the students immediately looked at both of them, and Jaerim muttered, “So Taehyung really likes you, Jihye-ya…”

Once Hoseok closed the door, at the outside of the house Taehyung immediately let everything inside his mouth out. Hoseok was staring at him, still in disbelief, but he also helped by caressing Taehyung’s back.

“I… I hope you hate Jihye!” Taehyung still yelled in the middle of his activity, and Hoseok who was still stunned tried to think what Taehyung meant.

Taehyung who finally finished throwing up immediately brushed his lips on his jacket’s sleeves to clean his face, and then he stared at Hoseok. Not the reddened eyes as before, but the wet, teary, and… pathetic ones.

 

“Because I like you, foolish!” Taehyung’s yell cracked.

 

Hoseok immediately pulled Taehyung inside his embrace, and Taehyung immediately grabbed Hoseok’s shoulders tight with his fingers. Hoseok could feel how Taehyung’s body trembled when he was crying… Hoseok could feel how warm Taehyung’s tear just by they dropping one by one on his shoulder.

Taehyung bit his lower lip as he sobbed hard on Hoseok’s shoulder. Hoseok just placed his palms on Taehyung’s shaking body, his eyes were blank but his mind was full of things and Taehyung’s voice that kept on echoing inside.

 

Because I like you, foolish!

 

Hoseok curved the corner of his lips as he slowly caressed Taehyung’s head, causing the latter boy’s sob to slow down a little.

 

 

...

a/n: SCREAAAAMS AT THIS CHAPTERRRR YAY

btw can you guess from what k-drama does i get the inspiration for this! hahaha<3

thanks for commenting, subscribing, upvoting and most of all, thanks for reading!