002

Fate Often Mistook

“Ssh, Kim Taehyung!”

Taehyung immediately opened his eyes wide and lifted his head when Yoonjin who sat behind him threw a piece of eraser towards his head. His hands were still folded on the table which was used to be his ‘pillow’ whenever he fell asleep at the class.

At the same time when he lifted his head, Teacher Heo entered the class. Taehyung immediately rubbed his eyes and tried to sit properly; silently thanking Yoonjin for waking him up.

“Listen, kids!” Mr. Heo clapped his hands to get the kids’ attention, and everyone including the sleepy Taehyung looked at him. He brought a pack of papers along with him, and he slowly distributed it one by one.

“What is this?” the kid who got it first muttered and read the announcement paper.

“Woah!”

“Amazing!”

Mutters and murmurs were all audible in the class once the papers were distributed. Taehyung were also curious, but it still has so many to give before Mr. Heo arrived at his place.

The paper was put on Hoseok’s table, and Hoseok immediately took and read it. Before it even took a second for him to inhale, Hoseok had yelled in surprise. “Camping?!”

Now everyone has had the papers on their hands and all students were busy reading. Chuckles escaped their lips and happy yells came out of their mouth.

All those seven boys immediately ran approaching Yoongi and Hoseok’s table. All of them snuggled to sit beside those two boys, and this proved that two chairs were enough for seven butts.

“Okay, class,” Mr. Heo clapped his hands once, and everyone stared at him. “It has been announced that next week all of the first graders will have a three-night camp near the Baekdoo Mountain.

The things to bring are all listed there. You can see them by yourselves. Do not bring bags with wheel, because-“

That was all Taehyung heard because his mind had went nowhere after then.

“Yah, cheer up!” Hoseok touched a can of cold coffee on Taehyung’s cheek.

Taehyung clicked his tongue and took the coffee can without even asking whose was that; he opened the can and drunk it. “I’m not sad, I’m just sleepy,” he said as an excuse after finishing almost an half of the whole coffee.

The seven guys were walking home together. Since the direction between their homes weren’t that far, they decided to do this since a long time ago, and this made them quite good friends.

Jungkook moved faster to walk beside Taehyung and said, “Your aura is too dark and sad.”

Hoseok shook the almost-emptied can and muttered, “Uh-huh.”

Taehyung lazily shook his head and shrugged. “Hey, I’m not.”

Namjoon chuckled and moved to walk beside Jungkook. “Don’t lie! You changed since the break time ended. Yah, what’s wrong?”

All of them who were curiously stared at Taehyung only received a light shake from his head. “Nothing, I said. Stop doing this to me.”

Actually, Hoseok’s too-blunt attitude was the cause of all this mental breakdowns and bad moods. All of this were caused because Hoseok immediately ‘stabbed’ him at the canteen by saying that he didn’t want to kiss Taehyung, but it sounded like ‘I hate Taehyung’ for Taehyung. He didn’t know why but he kept thinking about it all the time until he couldn’t concentrate at classes. Cheer up, Taehyung! What did you expect from him, uh?

Hoseok drunk everything left inside the can and threw it towards a dustbin at the street. He stood beside Taehyung and immediately wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder, smiled and looked at Taehyung. “I know you’re saaaaad,” he said and he lightly shook Taehyung’s body.

“Tell Hoseokkie, hm?” Hoseok spoke in a cute voice and reduced the gap between and his and Taehyung’s face, and he smiled cutely.

Taehyung didn’t know why, he just felt that his heart started to beat faster just like the moment when Hoseok at the canteen. He didn’t know why that his cheeks felt hotter too.

“Yah, let me go,” Taehyung said after clearing his mind. He struggled briefly to get himself out of Hoseok’s embrace, but Hoseok just hugged him tighter in response and squeezed him.

They laughed and Taehyung slightly pouted. He stopped struggling but he elbowed Hoseok’s ribs in super power. “You are annoying.”

Seokjin who hadn’t opened his mouth before finally let out a small chuckle and said, “Taehyung-ah, you look like an angry girlfriend.”

All of them laughed and they ruffled Taehyung’s hair. Taehyung just pouted and rearranged his messy hair, while Hoseok laughed again and squeezed Taehyung with his arm again. “Girlfriend, hm?”

 

“...but my girlfriend is Jihye.”

 

Taehyung’s mood immediately dropped to the lowest level when Hoseok said that. All the boys except Taehyung immediately laughed and smacked Hoseok’s head. “You’ve dreamed too much!” Yoongi yelled.

Jimin chuckled and smacked Hoseok’s . “Do you think she likes you?”

Hoseok nodded proudly and said, “Of course!”

Namjoon clicked his tongue and chuckled. “You little brat.”

“Someone is jealous hereeee,” Jungkook muttered and pointed at Taehyung with his thumb, and they laughed. Taehyung just widened his eyes and said, “What?!”

Yes, he was jealous. But he’s jealous towards Jihye because he liked-

“I’m against TaeHye,” Jimin said and shook his head, instantly he had made the couple name for Taehyung and Jihye. “SeokHye is sweeter.”

“But TaeHye is like something made in heaven,” Jungkook said.

Yoongi nodded and looked at Jungkook. “I agree at Jungkook.”

Jimin shook his head and said, “I still like SeokHye the most.”

All of them continued the walk towards their houses with laughter, but Taehyung. Taehyung just walked silently with his head hung lower, he didn’t even want to say any single word and he didn’t even pay attention to his friends’ words.

Now it has been only the three of them, Taehyung, Seokjin and Yoongi. They were heading towards Taehyung’s house since it’s the nearest from their spot now. Taehyung still hung his head low without even wanting to join the conversation Yoongi and Seokjin had made.

Silently Seokjin looked at Taehyung. He slightly poked Taehyung, but the latter guy didn’t respond. Seokjin patted him on the shoulder when finally Taehyung looked up at him with glazed eyes.

Seokjin stared at Taehyung for a moment before Taehyung finally opened his mouth and asked, “What?” but the cold guy just shook his head and went back to his conversation with Yoongi.

The atmosphere went like that until finally they reached Taehyung’s house. Taehyung just plainly entered his house without even saying anything, and Yoongi looked at him in disbelief.

“Taehyung-ah! No goodbyes for us?” he asked. Finally Taehyung looked back and waved to them with the most forced smile.

In a word, Yoongi and Seokjin left Taehyung’s house. Both of them walked towards Yoongi’s house which was the nearest. They still talked their previous topic before Seokjin suddenly said, “I learned one new fact.”

“Huh?” Yoongi was a bit confused, he looked up at Seokjin. Seokjin smiled and said, “Besides Hoseok, do you know that one of us is falling in love?”

Yoongi frowned and shook his head. “What do you mean?”

Seokjin just smiled again and inserted his palms inside his pocket. Yoongi frowned again and thought, “Who is that?”

Yoongi just received a mischievous smirk from Seokjin. Yoongi yelled and elbowed Seokjin at the ribs, “Yah, who? Tell me!”

Seokjin shook his head, and Yoongi smacked his back. “Seokjin-ah, tell me!” he whined.

Seokjin kept on shaking his head and now he laughed. “No, no. Guess it.”

“Who?” Yoongi muttered in small voice and slightly tilted his head. “Is that Jimin? I saw him staring at Yoonjin sometimes…” but then he received a no from Seokjin.

“They might like each other, but I’m not talking about Jiminnie.”

Yoongi frowned and thought again. “So is that Namjoon? Lately he’s quite close with the senior named… who? Lee something?”

Seokjin shook his head again. “It’s not between someone from us with someone outside the group. It’s between someone of us with another someone of us.”

Yoongi made a face and looked at Seokjin. “What are you talking about?”

Seokjin just raised his shoulder and chuckled. “You will find out by yourself later, I guess.”

Unfortunately when Yoongi was about to ask more, both of them had arrived at Yoongi’s house. He entered the house and waved at Seokjin, and Seokjin waved back.

Seokjin smiled and continued the journey to his house. He thought about Taehyung’s significant changes when it came to Hoseok. Before then his mood was drown until the deepest point, but then when Hoseok started sharing his affection, at least Taehyung spoke a little.

When Hoseok suddenly spoke about Jihye, Taehyung didn’t even speak until he was home.

Seokjin frowned and thought again. Why did it go like that?

It might be a too-small thing that he could think that Taehyung and Hoseok were in love –or maybe one of them was. But in some reason, he was quite sure of it.

Seokjin nodded and smiled wider than before.

 

I will make them closer to each other.

 

… 

 

a/n: late night update when it's 12 am at my place huhu

hope you guys like it, and thank you for those who had upvoted and subscribed! <3 <3 <3