013

Fate Often Mistook

“The beach?”

Taehyung nodded as he nervously played with his fingers in front of his mom. “Yes, mom. Jimin’s dad will take the seven of us to play at the beach.”

Taehyung’s mom nodded repeatedly. “Tomorrow?”

A nod came from Taehyung again, he chewed his lower lip in nervous. “I know it’s quite sudden, but can you give me the permission? Please, mom…”

His mom thought for a moment and then she said again, “So you will also stay there for a night too?” and Taehyung nodded. “Mom, it’s not like I’m a primary school kid again, I’m big enough and I can take care of myself…”

“You won’t sink?” his mom asked in a not serious note, and then both of them laughed. “I know, I know. You’re big enough to go on a trip without me.”

Taehyung smiled, this seemed to be the sign that his mom had agreeing his and his friends’ plan. He lengthened his hands and leaned himself closer to his mom to hug her, and his mom hugged him back as tight. “Hoseok would take care of you too, right?” she said as they hugged a little tighter.

“W-whaat?” Taehyung pulled himself and stared at his mom in disbelief, but he couldn’t lie that his face was now all red. Blame his mom who had known that her only child’s Hoseok’s best friend and her strong feelings so that she could know that her son had a crush on Hoseok.

“Just kidding,” she laughed and messed Taehyung’s hair. “Since now it’s been night, go pack your stuffs for tomorrow.”

Taehyung chuckled shyly before finally nodding and ran towards the stair. “Aight, mom!”

Yes, Jimin’s dad planned to take the seven boys with him to the beach at the other side of the town, the one everyone knew as Haeundae Beach. They would leave to the beach at twelve after having lunch in Jimin’s house, and the trip might take six hours or more since they were going to travel with Jimin’s dad’s van. Since it’s going to be a quite long holiday, they would stay at a small hotel for a night that was very near with the beach.

Taehyung ran upstairs towards his room. It was a nice room; it’s the one that was directly connected to the balcony just like Hoseok’s, but it’s much tidier.

He immediately pulled a bag that was under the blue bed. After putting it opened at the bed, he ran towards his wardrobe to take the clothes and stuffs. Neatly Taehyung put them beside the bag to be arranged later.

The packing session took about one hour because of the amount of stuffs he needed to bring, and a moment of making sure that he won’t left anything just like at the school camp. He was tired now, so Taehyung just lied down on the bed with his phone on his hand.

It’s been ten, and he had predicted that he might fall asleep a minute from now. But his phone suddenly rang and it showed Hoseok’s name that made him postponed his sleep and answered the call. “Yes?”

“You haven’t slept yet?” Hoseok asked from the other line.

Taehyung chuckled and he shook his head even though Hoseok won’t saw it. “Just about to sleep,” he said and rubbed his eyes to keep himself awake.

“Oh, do I annoy you?” Hoseok asked in a surprised tone. Taehyung immediately laughed and said, “No, you’re not. Why do you call me?”

Hoseok didn’t say anything for a moment, but then he said, “Nothing, I just can’t sleep.”

Taehyung smiled. “Have you prepared for tomorrow?”

“Of course,” Hoseok answered proudly. “I bet tomorrow’s going to be a fun trip.”

“I had never gone to a beach before,” Taehyung adjusted his laying position and muttered. “So I can’t guess whether it would be a nice trip or not,” and both of them laughed.

“Of course it will,” Hoseok answered with a grin. “Don’t forget to bring important things again!”

Taehyung chuckled and formed a small pout as he answered, “Of course not, mom.” And Hoseok whined. “Yah, I’m not your mom!”

“Okay, okay,” Taehyung chuckled because of Hoseok’s action. “I guess I’m going to sleep now. Let’s sleep early and wake up early too, okay?”

Hoseok curved the corner of his lips and chuckled. He said between his chuckle, “Yes, mommy!”

“Hey!” Taehyung yelled. “We’re not each other’s mom!”

“We’re moms,” Hoseok said which made Taehyung burst into laughter. Both of them didn’t say anything and just laughed for a moment before finally Hoseok said, “Am going to hang up. Sleep tight, hm?”

Taehyung nodded with a smile. “Good night!”

When he thought Hoseok was about to disconnect the call, Hoseok stayed silent on the other line instead. Taehyung finally murmured, “You’re not going to hang up?”

“Where’s my kiss?” Hoseok randomly asked.

Taehyung sure that he could feel his cheeks got redder. He remained silent for a moment because somehow, Hoseok’s words shut his mouth, and then he said, “You wanna die?”

“Just kidding!” Hoseok yelled between his laughter. “Sleep well, okay?” he spoke quickly before finally hung up the call. Taehyung took the phone off his ear, still with his reddened face, and he stared blankly at the phone.

Ah, whatever. Good night! He pulled his blanket to cover himself with it and he started closing his eyes.

“Can I put it there, Mr. Park?” Jungkook said as he heavily dragged his bag from inside the house to outside to get it into Mr. Park’s car.

“Oh, let me help you,” Mr. Park immediately approached Jungkook and helped him putting the bag into the car. After a fast yet tiring thing to do, that was putting all the bags into the car, finally they were ready to go to the beach.

“Go tell the others to get inside the car,” Mr. Park said so to Jungkook, and Jungkook nodded. He ran towards the house and when he saw his friends at the living room, he yelled, “Come on!”

“Oh, the car has ready yet?” Jimin immediately stood up and ran towards outside, followed by the others. Once they got out of the house, they immediately opened the van’s door and rushed to get inside.

The van was very large with two long chairs that joint at the middle and one big long chair at the back side, and the interior was awesome and newly washed. Namjoon immediately jumped to the back seat and yelled, “I’m at the back!”

“I’m here!” Hoseok jumped to sit at the left side of the middle chair. As they entered the car, slowly the chairs which used to be empty got filled fully. At the end, Seokjin sat with Namjoon at the back side, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, and Yoongi sat respectively at the middle and Jimin sat beside his dad at the front chair.

In a word, the van left the house towards the beach. It was going to be a long trip and all of them had known it, so they brought foods and snacks to accompany them all the way. Taehyung, as the only photographer between them, were told to bring one mini camera because, hey! Can’t you see that the sceneries all the way were awesome?

They could see some parts of the town they had never seen. All those malls, street markets, new built tall skyscrapers which they used to saw only the top, famous streets, historical places they passed and famous buildings, they saw them and got immersed yet amused.

“Isn’t that Namsan Tower?” Yoongi mumbled in amusement and pointed at a high spot they had known as the place where love locks collect, Namsan Tower. ‘Woah’s immediately escaped their mouth as they crowded around Yoongi to see the tower too.

“It looks so big from here,” Jungkook murmured and shook his head in amusement. “Awesome.”

The trip went like that; they kept on talking and talking with each other but realizing the fact that the trip would take more than six hours, they started to feel sleepy.

Namjoon and Seokjin had peacefully fallen asleep. Jungkook still played with his phone, but Yoongi who sat beside him had fallen asleep too. Jimin himself had fallen asleep with his head on the window, and Taehyung had fallen asleep with his head and back bowed down.

Hoseok himself was still listening to slow songs that the car played, but his eyes had been heavier. He sometimes closed his eyes, but then he would open them again.

This car is so silent, he thought. He slowly had driven himself into the dreamland, but suddenly his head ‘fell’ down in shock and he woke up immediately.

Uh, where are we now? He mentally thought as he looked at the window. It was another foreign place they passed at, but still it was beautiful. He looked around sleepily, and his gaze got locked at Taehyung.

Taehyung was still sleeping with his back bended down and his head put on the front chair’s back part. His eyes closed prettily; his bangs slightly covered his eyes and his mouth gapped a little.

Hoseok curved the corner of his lip and shook his head a little. “Your sleeping style is bad,” he said before finally pulling Taehyung into his normal position and let Taehyung’s head lean on his shoulder –uh, not really shoulder, Taehyung’s head ended up on his chest.

Without being told, Taehyung slowly snuggled closer to Hoseok’s chest. Hoseok just smiled, wrapped one hand around Taehyung’s body and leaned his head on the seat.

A minute later, both of them had fallen asleep.

Geez… my eyes are so heavy.

Taehyung thought so as he slowly woke up and his eyes tried to accommodate with the situation. How long had he fallen asleep? He rubbed his eyes and looked around; he might have fallen asleep for hours, such a long time. He was about to sleep again but when he realized his position that was a bit tilted, he immediately widened his eyes and looked at Hoseok.

Hoseok was eating a bag of chips still with his hand wrapped around Taehyung. Taehyung’s cheeks got instantly redder; he pulled himself away and looked away in shame. But, hey, Hoseok still hugged him.

“What?” Hoseok muttered, and Taehyung just shook his head without making eye contact with Hoseok.

Hoseok just nodded in confuse and went back eating. Taehyung silently played with his fingers, his heart beat so fast and he thought, why did I sleep like that?

“Wanna eat?” Hoseok poked his side and handed him that bag of chips.

Taehyung quickly looked at Hoseok and snatched the bag; still with his reddened cheeks he ate the chips.

 

 

...

a/n: haaai i miss you all. finally i update this fic xD

thank you for those who had read, subscribed, commented and upvoted! and i've decided to use the longer storyline xD