008

Fate Often Mistook

“Quickly, quickly!”

It was still around five or six in the morning but the sleepy juniors has had to wake up and prepare. Welcome to the second day of the camp where you would continue your journey in the Baekdoo Mountain!

Hoseok quickly brushed his teeth outside the house without even minding to open his eyes. Namjoon immediately ran towards his bag at the corner of the room once the seniors woke him and his friends up, and he packed everything inside again.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes sleepily and sat down the floor. He looked around only to see his friends had rushing to prepare for the hiking, and he immediately stood up, only to realize that it was empty beside him.

Oh, where’s Hoseok?

He slowly took off his own jacket from his body, realizing that he has to change his clothes. Taehyung walked towards his bag while folding the jacket neatly.

He suddenly remembered the moment which happened last night, and he formed a small smile with his cheeks reddened a little.

Taehyung buried his face inside the jacket. Still, Hoseok’s sweet scent was still portrayed there. He inhaled deeply and smiled.

“Taehyung-ah, come on!” Jungkook who walked passing him immediately pat his back. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, and Jungkook was brushing his teeth while walking around the room only to take his bag. Taehyung laughed at the scene and nodded.

He quickly went towards his bag at the corner of the room to change his clothes. A shirt with hoodie, a jean pants and two jackets would be a good mixture, he thought.

Taehyung slowly took his shirt off his body, leaving him shirtless while suddenly Hoseok approached him. Hoseok only took a glance before muttering, “Morning, Taehyung-ah.”

Taehyung widened his eyes a little as he took his shirt in reflects to cover his body because Hoseok was nearby. Hoseok just raised his eyebrows and stared at Taehyung in sleepy eyes. “You better go fast, it’s not like I’m going to you.”

The other boy was left speechless before he finally nodded shyly, took the shirt off his chest and took another shirt as the change. Hoseok just peacefully took his own shirt off, put it above his bag beside Taehyung’s, and took another shirt.

Taehyung’s cheeks got slightly reddened once he saw Hoseok’s… adorable muscles? He immediately turned over and changed his clothes with don’t see… don’t see… repeated inside his head.

“Okay, come on!” Hoseok muttered happily and took his bag once he had finished with his preparation. Taehyung nodded as an answer and he took his bag as well.

In a word, all the juniors got out the room in a crowd, quickly wore their shoes and socks to start the hiking. The seniors had been waiting in front of the stair towards the top of the mountain.

“Is anyone sick?” Yunho asked once all the juniors had stood in a line.

“No, senior!” the juniors yelled loudly as the answer.

“Do you all sleep well?” Yunho asked again, and the juniors replied, “Yes, senior!”

Yunho nodded and looked at his juniors with a smile. “Well, I don’t want to spend so much time. Let’s start the hiking!!!”

All the first graders immediately stepped forward, facing the huge mountain in front of them.

It was a breezy, cold morning, but it turned out a happier day than yesterday. The students were going to climb until the highest point, still with the same field but such a colder atmosphere. There were some trees all the way up there which slightly blocked them from seeing the scenery down there, but as what the seniors said, your hard work down here would be paid fully with the scenery up there.

Jimin led the way for the boys. They were chattering happily, talking about stuffs that weren’t even necessary. Namjoon had a pack of pepero in his hand that kept being stolen by the others.

“Is there any animal here?” Jungkook asked and looked around.

Seokjin shook his head and raised his shoulder. “Don’t know, but if you’re lucky, you may see some goats.” He lengthened his hand to steal another stick of pepero and he chewed it.

“Is there any panda?” Taehyung asked with a wide grin in his face, and Seokjin burst into laughter. “Panda your .”

Hoseok laughed as well and he caressed Taehyung’s head. “That was so cute.”

“What?” Taehyung muttered but he couldn’t lie that his face was all red. Hoseok just laughed and took his hand off, causing Taehyung to mentally curse himself.

 “Do you bring your camera, Mr. Photographer?” Yoongi looked at Taehyung with a small laugh. Taehyung immediately kicked his previous thought; he laughed and answered, “I’m scared that the weather may damage my dearest camera.”

“What a pity,” Jimin muttered. “See, the trees are just too pretty.”

All of them looked at a direction which Jimin pointed at, and yes, it was too pretty and graceful to resist. They even could not move their gaze from it for a moment. A glimpse of the top point also appeared at the sight, and the sight of soft white clouds made it portrayed nicer.

“Come on!” a senior who used to walk behind them slowly passed them. They nodded politely at him as the boys began to walk faster.

The girls were right behind them, slightly immersed with the crowd but still clear enough to see. They climbed and enjoyed the scenery as well. But since all of them were still in a not-that-high point, the scenery hasn’t been that satisfying.

“Oh, is that a village?” Namjoon spoke in a surprised tone, and all the boys immediately looked at the direction of Namjoon’s eyes.

“Woah!” all the boys immediately walked faster towards a space to see the village down there clearer. It was a beautiful village consisted of hanok houses, Korean’s traditional house, and the mist that covered the village made it prettier.

“You really should have brought your camera,” Seokjin murmured at Taehyung; still locking his gaze at the scenery in amusement.

“Hey, hey! What are you all doing there?!” suddenly Jaejoong passed and yelled at them, causing all the boys to look at him in surprise. “Go back to walk!”

“Yes, senior,” all of them immediately turned around and went back to the line.

“Come on, Taehyung-ah!” Hoseok looked at Taehyung who was still kneeling down the ground, but Taehyung didn’t respond. Hoseok approached Taehyung in curious and whatever in front of Taehyung just made him surprised.

It was a really small white rabbit. Taehyung was gently patting the rabbit’s small head and the rabbit snuggled at Taehyung’s palm. Taehyung formed a small smile.

“So cute,” Hoseok mumbled and bowed down his back. The rabbit immediately turned to him once Hoseok stuck out his hand, and the rabbit nibbled at his finger. Taehyung squealed and bit his lower lip.

Hoseok chuckled and patted the rabbit with his palm. Taehyung glanced at Hoseok with a smile and said, “Cute, isn’t it?”

Hoseok opened his mouth and was about to answer when Taehyung’s sweetest smile shut him up. Taehyung looked away and played with the rabbit again as Hoseok mouthed, “Yes, cute and adorable,” with his eyes still locked at Taehyung’s figure.

“Let’s go,” Taehyung said and stood up. Hoseok was pulled back from his imagination; he stood up and nodded.

Taehyung waved his hand at the rabbit and said, “Byeeee!”

Hoseok chuckled at the latter guy’s action, but nevertheless he also followed it. “Bye, rabbit!”

Hoseok wrapped his arm around Taehyung’s shoulder, and both of them stepped back to the field.

“And when I pressed it, my character immediately lost!” Yoongi mimicked what his game did to him, and all the boys immediately laughed.

“You are indeed a foolish, Min Yoongi,” Hoseok said and his friends laughed at his response.

All of them had passed three quarters of the whole trip. Although they were tired, at least the presence of friends and jokes made it better. Sometimes if one of them was about to fall, the others would help.

The wind up here was a little colder too, but the scenery was prettier. The trees were not as many as the ones down there, so simply they could see the scenery easier.

“It’s so cold here,” Taehyung murmured and his palms together. The other nodded in agreement. “Uh-huh. I didn’t realize it would be that cold.”

“You’re lucky you have me,” Hoseok just simply muttered. He took one of Taehyung’s hands and it together with his palm, and then he put it inside his warmer pocket with their fingers tangled.

“Awww, how sweeeet!” the others immediately squealed and smiled widely. Taehyung immediately looked down and nervously biting his nails, his heart started to beat faster and his cheeks turned redder. He swore this was a good déjà vu feeling. The first time Hoseok did this was when they were going to the supermarket, that night, when both of them were the only people in the alley.

But now he did it in front of everyone!

“Go get married already,” Jimin muttered and smirked at them. “Uh, this is so sweet that I can’t breathe.”

“What’s so sweet?” Hoseok frowned and looked at the boys. “It’s a normal thing, at least for me and Taehyung, not for you forever loners.”

“So acting like lovers is a normal thing for you and Taehyung?!” Yoongi widened his eyes with a wide smile. Hoseok nodded in confuse but Taehyung immediately shook his head. “O-of course not!”

Seokjin shook his head and chuckled. “A cliché problem is between them. They love each other but no one dares to admit.”

Taehyung shook his head stronger and his cheeks got redder than before. Hoseok gapped his mouth; finally realizing that his friends were talking about that. He chuckled awkwardly, the thought to deny them had appeared in his head but please blame his naughtiness that he wanted to tease Taehyung.

“Oh, really?” he glanced down at Taehyung. Taehyung avoided his stare nervously and his cheeks got redder. Hoseok smiled a little and approached Taehyung’s face even more, extremely reduced the gap between their faces.

Taehyung nervously bit his lip and he strongly shook his head, he was too nervous to answer with words. Hoseok stayed the same for a moment, and Taehyung shut his eyes with super red cheeks –even his ears had turned red too.

Hoseok burst out in laughter and pulled himself away. Taehyung still looked down with super reddened faces and the boys began to mess his hair. “Aww, cute Taehyung!”

“S-shut up!” blame Hoseok for making Taehyung stutter like that, the others began to squish his cheeks because of they thought it’s cute. “Shy Taehyung is so cute!”

Seokjin laughed and his fist on Taehyung’s warm cheek. “Your face is all red, Taehyung-ah.”

“Yaaah!” Taehyung yelled; he shyly slapped Seokjin’s hand away.

“See, they also agree that you’re super cute,” Hoseok mumbled which made Taehyung blushed a little more.

Jungkook grinned mischievously and he took his water bottle to drink it. “Ah, I ran out of water.”

“Me too,” Hoseok mumbled. “Ah, let me take it for you. Do you guys also want more water?” he asked to the boys. Yunho who was walking behind them had lots of water bottle with him, and if you run out of water, you can always ask him for one.

“Me,” Jimin murmured.

“Okay,” Hoseok muttered. He turned around and carefully stepped down to approach Yunho, leaving the boys up there.

Taehyung was still extremely shy because of his friends’ mocks and Hoseok’s act. He nervously palmed his cheek and smiled. It was just a joke, it was just a game but why did he feel that happy yet shy?

Thank God that Hoseok wasn’t right beside him because now he started grinning by himself without even being told. Seokjin stole a glance at Taehyung and he chuckled. Well, well, so he was indeed falling for his friend!

Yoongi looked at Seokjin, and then he looked at his gaze’s direction. Suddenly Yoongi remembered something, so he elbowed Seokjin. “Hey.”

“Hm?” Seokjin murmured and looked at Yoongi.

“I guess I understand who you were talking about,” Yoongi answered with a wide smile. “You know, you said there is someone from us who has a crush at someone. I guess I’ve found the answer out.”

Seokjin chuckled and proudly nodded. “Let’s keep the answer by yourself and see what will happen between them.”

When Yoongi was about to say his answer, suddenly a loud yell made almost everyone –well, practically everyone, to look at the direction of the voice. It came from behind the boys, and somehow… it sounds like Hoseok’s?

Taehyung immediately widened his eyes. He recognized that voice, he knew it was…

Just like he didn’t care anymore with the hiking, Taehyung immediately turned around and walked downwards. There was no more hiking inside his head, everything was just Hoseok and…

 

Where is he?

 

Taehyung could feel that his shoulder bumped several times with persons he passed. He could also feel that his ears were blocked from hearing anything but the previous yell of Hoseok that kept on echoing inside his head. Yes, he knew the field was rough, he knew it was dangerous to run down, but damn it, he wanted to reach Hoseok faster.

And whatever he saw made him stopped.

Hoseok sat down at a large stone with cringing face; his leg had a cut that was almost invisible because of the amount of blood that covered it. Jihye knelt down in front of him with a roll of bandage, her face was extremely panicked and she screamed, “I- I can’t wrap the cut!”

“Just wrap it!” someone behind her yelled. Yes, the incident had made a small crowd to circle around them and stare. Since she was the nearest with Hoseok when it happened, she had the burden to wrap the cut. Jihye’s hands were trembling; slowly she approached Hoseok’s leg and tried to wrap it.

“If you don’t do it fast, he might lose more blood!”

Taehyung’s heart beat so fast that he couldn’t feel it, even when he stepped inside the crowd and yelled, “Get off!!” to Jihye.

Jihye quickly stood up, still with shocked face. “Taehyung, c-can you do it? I-I’m scared.”

Taehyung immediately knelt down in front of Hoseok and wrapped it carefully. Hoseok, the one who just watched the situation since a long time ago, stared at Taehyung with surprised face.

Yes, Taehyung’s hands trembled as well. Hoseok could see it obviously in front of him. He slowly opened his mouth to make Taehyung calmer and he said, “It was just a cut because of a stone. So it wasn’t practically my fault, right?” he chuckled awkwardly.

No answer came from Taehyung. He just wrapped it, but slowly the pace became slower and slower that Hoseok immediately took a glance at Taehyung’s eyes. Taehyung bit his lower lip and his eyes were… Hoseok swore he could see glimpses of tears inside.

“You,” Taehyung muttered with small shaking voice, the same shaking tone as how he said the confession outside the house. “D-do you know that I’m so worried?”

Hoseok stunned as he heard those words. He suddenly felt his chest tightened a little more and so much more when he saw the glimpses of tears which used to stay that began to drop down the ground.

Without any doubts, he immediately pulled Taehyung into his embrace.

“Thank you,” he whispered. 

 

...

a/n: you should know that it's a very good feeling to wake up and see notifications from this story.

thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting, and upvoting!