009

Fate Often Mistook

“Woah, the top is so pretty!!!”

The students who had reached the top point of the mountain yelled happily, made the ones who still stuck down there to walk faster. And yes, the scenery upside there just made their hard works fully paid.

There was a large stony river beside the top, separated by a small gate. The top point was designed to be similar like a balcony where they can stand properly. The wind was so breezy yet calm, and at the other side of the top, you can see the village from afar. Their roofs looked so small from up there, yet they were too beautiful.

So nice, isn’t it?

Luckily the balcony could support all the juniors and seniors, it was the big one. People were busy sightseeing and chattering, but Taehyung was ways too immersed with the river’s scenery to talk. He just stood up with his hands on the gate, his eyes locked on the river’s stream.

Hoseok slowly approached Taehyung by standing beside him, but Taehyung didn’t respond. Hoseok chuckled and said, “I didn’t know it would be this great.”

Taehyung looked at him, but instead of replying Hoseok’s words, he asked, “How’s your wound?”

“Oh,” Hoseok mumbled. “It is fine.” He wrapped one of his arms around Taehyung’s waist and hugged his side, made Taehyung felt the flutter inside his heart and stomach again. Hoseok smiled seeing Taehyung’s shocked respond and then he said, “Thanks.”

Taehyung just nodded, he didn’t want to reply with words because he knew that he would crazily stutter.

“You know, I said you are lucky because you have me,” Hoseok continued, “But I also want to say that I am luckier because I have you.”

Again, the glimpse of blush appeared at his cheeks. His heart started to beat faster than before too, realizing that it was too great to believe that they had each other and felt lucky because of it.

“T-the scenery is pretty,” Taehyung said, tried to get off the topic. He immediately looked back at the river and tried to get himself immersed in it.

Hoseok chuckled, but instead of answering and looking at the scenery, he stared at Taehyung’s side profile. The short bangs that slightly covered his eyebrows… the darkened eyes that gave glares and sweet stares, the nose that curved prettily and the small lips that often spitted mean words and stutters.

 

“Yes… it’s so pretty,” Hoseok muttered.

 

“Here they areeee,” Yoonjin spoke with four bottles of wine with her. She sat down the floor, joining the other seven boys and two girls who had been there.

It was their second night in the mountain. All the students decided to stay at another house at the top point before finally going down at the third day. And Thank God, the second house had a heater in the room so it won’t be too cool. It’s been night, and all of them were finally allowed to play or to do anything they wanted.

Since yesterday their game got cut, they decided to continue it. It was still the sticks-and-king game; let me explain about it again. A cup filled with sticks would be shook, before then you have to write numbers at the end of the sticks, but you have to write ‘king’ at one stick. The one who gets the king stick would make two people with certain numbers to do anything, and those two unlucky people can’t avoid it.

Do you think it’s fun? Yes, it was, but since it was a too-normal game with no bets and stuffs, the boys and the girls decided to add a rule. If you don’t want to do what the king tells you so, you can just drink a bowl with mixed alcohols in front of them.

“Okay… start!!”

Jimin immediately shook the cup. Once he stopped, all the hands immediately reached in to get the sticks, quickly snatching one for each person.

Namjoon looked at his stick and nodded. He immediately hid it with his hands so that the others won’t see it.

Jungkook glanced at his stick and raised his eyebrows.

“Who’s the king?” Jihye asked and looked around. Some of them shook their head, but then Jaerim raised her hand. “Me!”

Everyone nodded their heads and started hiding their sticks. Jihye who sat beside Yoonjin immediately peeked at Yoonjin stick and gave a sign to Jaerim. Three, three!

Jaerim nodded and pretended not to know it. In the opposite side, Hoseok who sat beside Jimin immediately peeked at Jimin’s stick and gave a sign to Jaerim. Six!

“Okay…” Jaerim muttered, and everyone immediately stared at her in curious. She supported her head on her fist and said, “I want six… to do a love confession to three! Who get those numbers?”

“Hey, it’s not fair!” Yoonjin immediately yelled in disbelief and raised her stick. “I’m three. Who the hell is six?”

Jimin immediately widened his eyes and raised his stick. “Me- I’m six.”

The others immediately cheered as they saw Yoonjin widened her eyes. Everyone knew that Jimin liked Yoonjin since a quite long time ago, so this game gave such a huge opportunity for both of them to become closer. Jaerim chuckled and glanced at Jimin. “Yah, go confess it to her.”

Jimin awkwardly scratched his hair before finally saying, “Okay…” he adjusted himself closer with Yoonjin and finally muttered, “I- I like you.”

The cheer grew bigger as Yoonjin looked down shyly; her rough personality suddenly went away. Jimin went back to his position awkwardly and Namjoon patted his back. “Fantastic!”

In a word, the game continued. The king stick was soon held by Namjoon. Namjoon chuckled happily and thought for a while before finally yelling, “I want seven to do y dances in front of two!”

All of them burst into laughter and Taehyung muttered, “Who gets the two?”

“Me,” Seokjin muttered in horror. “Who gets the seven?”

Jihye opened wide before finally speaking in horror with super gloomy face, “Damn, it’s me.”

The others laughed and cheered, “Do it! Do it! Do it!” while Hoseok widened his eyes in disbelief and yelled, “Nooo! Jihye isn’t allowed to do those things with another guy! She is only mine!”

Again, the yell broke Taehyung’s heart a little. He stayed quiet for a moment before finally faked a laugh and chanted again with the others. “Do it! Do it!”

Seokjin stared at Taehyung for a while and he didn’t say anything for a moment. He exhaled and somehow for a moment he forgot about the stick games and stuffs, he just put his fingers on his chin and thought about-

Jihye immediately shook her head and lengthened her arms to take the bowl filled with wines. She lifted it until it was in front of and she drank it in one shot, making the others stared at her in surprise. “Woaaaah!”

After the bowl was empty, she immediately slammed it down the floor and sighed deeply. The others clapped their hands while Jihye yelled, “Let’s continue!”

The game went for around one hour and in that short time, the wine had been refilled for several times because some of them didn’t want to do the dare and none of them realized, but most of them had driven sleepy. Let us see Jimin who had fallen asleep at the floor messily, Jaerim who slept with opened, and Jungkook who had gone to the dreamland. Almost everyone inside the room had fallen asleep together at the floor, so practically they were the ones left still waking up.

“Okay,” Seokjin muttered halfheartedly, he also had felt sleepy. Slowly he shook the cup and he said, “This is the last round, hm…?”

Of course the others who were still half-awake won’t answer because they had been too sleepy. Their eyes had been too heavy even to stare at the sticks, so they just mumbled a small ‘hm’ and continued waiting for the sticks.

Once Seokjin finished shaking, he immediately took the king stick he had watched since the first time he held the cup. He glanced at his stick and smiled in satisfy. “Hey, go take these sticks.”

Slowly the others who were still awake took the sticks. They only took a glance at it before finally whether looking down with their eyes closed or yawning again.

“I am the king,” Seokjin muttered. “I want one to kiss two.”

No one said a thing for a moment, and Seokjin said with loud enough voice. “Who gets the two stick?”

It was a short silent moment before finally Taehyung peeked at his stick and muttered, “Huh? Me.”

Seokjin raised his eyebrows in amusement and he finally said, “Who gets the number one?” which was actually had been planned before by him, so without asking he actually had known who got the stick with a ‘one’ written on it.

“Me,” Hoseok muttered with sleepy closed eyes.

“Go kiss Taehyung,” Seokjin muttered with wide smile on his face. “Or you have to drink this bowl.”

Taehyung seemed quiet and sleepy, didn’t even think about the dare and stuffs outside but actually his heart was beating super fast that he only could silently play with his fingers. He was nervous, very nervous whether Hoseok would drink the wine or he would-

“Ah,” Hoseok exhaled with his husky voice.

 

“It’s impossible if I drink the wine.”

 

Without being told, slowly yet briefly Hoseok cupped Taehyung’s cheeks with his warm palms and he pulled himself closer to Taehyung and he tilted his head a little.

It was one of a thousand moments where Taehyung couldn’t make his heartbeat a little slower, where he couldn’t stop the flutter, and where he would only spit stutter. Just why, why Hoseok was the one who could only cause all of this?

Taehyung’s mind was nowhere, his eyes were blank. He couldn’t even think properly, all he could do was just holding his breath and shutting his eyes.

 In an instant, his lips and Hoseok’s met with no gap left.

And in that moment, he swore he had no feel to let go the other boy.

 

...

a/n: exactly 7770 characters and 1700 words c': 

i wonder if you guys get bored with my author note but i really want to thank those who have read, subscribed, upvoted and commented this fanfic. love you huhuhu