014

Fate Often Mistook

“Oh, we’re here!”

All the kids who used to fall asleep immediately opened their eyes in surprise and looked at the scenery outside the car. “Oh, we’re here?!”

“Finally!” Taehyung yelled happily. All of them were now crowding around Hoseok’s place to see the scenery of the beach (even it’s only the parking lot they could see). The car went around for a minute to park, and once it parked, all of them immediately rushed to get out of the car.

They were immediately greeted by the cold breeze that blew all over the beach. Smiles were drawn on their faces because of the wonderful scenery they saw. The sea was wide and clean, there were some buildings they could saw prettily –to be exact they could even saw a part or the town, and this was definitely their best evening sea.

It had been seven when they arrived at the place, so they couldn’t sunbath or do stuffs. But remember, they would stay in a hotel nearby and enjoy the beach for a whole day tomorrow. So much fun, right?

“Indeed,” Taehyung muttered and started capturing beautiful things with his eyes. The others who stood beside him just muttered in amusement, still too immersed to get out of their imagination.

“Are you all kid going to just stand?!” Mr. Park from the car yelled. “Go, I will just enjoy the scenery from here!!”

All the kids immediately looked at each other, and once Jimin nodded, they all ran towards the sea. They didn’t even care where they threw their shoes at when they released them; all they wanted to do was just to reach the sea quickly.

Namjoon was the first one to reach the sea. He immediately stood at the sand and sometimes the wave would hit his feet. He groaned in happiness and his activity soon followed by the others.

When they were in the middle of enjoying, suddenly Jungkook pushed Namjoon from behind, causing the latter boy to fall down the wave and made his whole clothing wet. Jungkook just laughed as his defense and said, “It’s no fun if you only stand!” when Namjoon glared at him.

“So you have to be wet too!” Namjoon yelled and pulled Jungkook down, causing Jungkook to yell and wet himself too.

From afar, they all seemed to be imbecile kids who played with water, splashing water to each other and laughed when they slipped down.

Mr. Park held his bottle of soju and chuckled as he saw all those seven boys fell down the water with laughter. He slowly drank everything left inside his bottle in one shot, and then he exhaled in pleasure.

“But you’re all wet!” Taehyung yelled and wrapped a towel around Hoseok’s shoulder.

“No, you’re wetter!” Hoseok said, he took the towel off and wrapped it around Taehyung’s shoulder instead. Taehyung clicked his tongue and took the towel off his shoulder again and he yelled, “Can’t you see you’re wet from head to toe?!”

“You are also wet from head to toe!” Hoseok yelled back, he snatched the towel from Taehyung’s hand to dry Taehyung’s hair with it.

Those two were the ones who led their way towards their large hotel room after played with the night yet cold sea for an half hour, followed by the others behind who just stared at them as they argued. The others but those two just kept their mouth silent; they just listened to Hoseok and Taehyung.

Mr. Park elbowed Seokjin and asked, “Do they always act like this?”

“Eh?” Seokjin murmured and then he answered, “Most of the time.”

They continued arguing until finally they reached their room, room 145 to be specified. Hoseok opened the door, and the sight of the wide room made Hoseok and Taehyung stopped arguing. The room only consisted of one bedroom and a bathroom, but the bedroom was so big that it could be filled with eight small beds that were likely only ten centimeters high from the floor, and their bags on the corner without even making the spaces looked smaller.

All of them immediately entered the room and switched on the heater. Oh yeah, this room had also got a heater to make them warmer at night. But once Mr. Park entered the room, he walked out and said, “I will do some stuffs with the hotel managers,” he said and pointed down to sign that he’s going downstairs, and he left the room.

Since their clothes were still all wet, they didn’t have a chance to lie down immediately at the bed. They started to prepare their clothes to take a bath but then Yoongi said, “All of us can’t take a bath together.”

“Who will go first?” Jungkook murmured and looked around as everyone also looked at each other.

“Rock-Scissors-Paper…?” Hoseok murmured and tilted his head a little.

In an instant, all of them gathered in a circle with their fist balled. They shook their fists three times while yelling ‘rock, scissors, paper!’ and once they opened their balled fists, they showed different things.

The game continued for about three or four times until finally Yoongi, as the only one who won the game, cheered happily and jumped towards the bathroom. “I will take a bath first!!”

“Ah, why does it have to be that kid?” Jimin muttered and clicked his tongue once the bathroom door got closed from inside. In a word, they continued to play the game to decide who will go second and until the seventh.

Taehyung sleepily sat down at the floor because he didn’t want to wet the bed. The others slowly took place to sit or stand to as they waited for Yoongi. Some stood up with their phone, some sat down at the floor, and some were unsure whether they should stand up or sit down.

“Ah, it’s still so cold,” Taehyung pulled his feet closer to his chest and wrapped his arms around it to make himself warmer. The room has had the heater switched on but still, that wet boy still shiver.

He slowly pulled his feet closer to himself and hugged it tighter. Taehyung was about to go to make the heater a little hotter when suddenly he felt a pair of hand embraced him tight from behind and without even seeing he had known that it was Hoseok.

 

Wasn’t it… better this way?

 

Taehyung’s heart uncontrollably beat while Hoseok just peacefully leaned his head on Taehyung’s shoulder, his wet hair slightly brushed Taehyung’s cheek. As Taehyung felt his cheeks got redder he immediately murmured at Hoseok, “What?”

Hoseok shook his head and snuggled closer to hug Taehyung tighter. It was indeed warm, even warmer than the room’s heater and the breeze of the afternoon beach. Taehyung looked away, still with his heart beating so fast that he didn’t even think about anything.

Hoseok blankly opened his eyes. Is… is better like this? He mentally thought and snuggled himself even closer.

If you wonder why Hoseok thought so, he was planning to prepare himself better in dating Jihye. He was simulating how would he act romantically with Jihye, how should he act affectionately when he was with Jihye. He attempted to imagine Jihye in every move he made with Taehyung…

 

But why all appeared in his head was just Taehyung?

 

Hoseok sighed and slowly closed his eyes, but his mind couldn’t stop asking himself about his previous question –the reason behind Taehyung’s existence inside it.

At the dawn where the birds just started to sing songs and leaves were still full of dewdrops, a figure of a man slowly sat up on a bed he used to sleep at. Oh, who was he? I couldn’t see him because the room was still dark. I only could see his silhouette from room 145’s small lamp.

That figure slowly stood up and snatched something that looked like a jacket beside him, and he wore it. He seemed looking around to check if everyone was still asleep, wasn’t he? I only could know that the figure tried to walk without voice towards the other of the room. Was he doing something others shouldn’t know?

 Slowly, he knelt down at the corner of the room –ah, he knelt down beside another bed! There was another person who slept at the bed the previous figure knelt beside at…

“Ssh, Taehyungie!” the figure who knelt down whispered beside Taehyung who was still sleeping.

Taehyung lightly grunted as he felt a pair of hand shook his sleepy body, and after a few moments, he finally opened his eyes.  Taehyung squinted to see who woke him up and finally he came up with an answer. “Hoseok?” he mumbled with husky sleepy voice, but it was too loud.

Hoseok, the one who sneaked at the dark, slowly put his index finger in front of his lips. Taehyung nodded and quickly he sat up at the bed, still felt sleepy yet confused why the other man would wake him up.

“Follow me!” Hoseok whispered a little louder and he stood up with his hand pulling Taehyung’s. As expected Taehyung stood up too, but he was still half asleep and he rubbed his eyes. “What?” he mumbled too loud.

“Ssssh!” Hoseok shook Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung who finally understood what Hoseok wanted just nodded, and Hoseok snatched Taehyung’s jacket from the floor.

Both of them walked towards out of the room with their hands linked, and Hoseok was still holding Taehyung’s jacket. He slowly opened the door knob; he cringed hoping that no one would listen to them. And Hoseok and Taehyung got out of the room safely.

After closing the door from outside with the same cringe and pace, Hoseok sighed in relief. Taehyung blinked his eyes several times before finally asking, “What are we going to do?”

“Wear this first,” Hoseok opened Taehyung’s jacket and helped the latter man wearing it in rush. After they were done with the jacket, Hoseok pulled Taehyung’s wrist again to run towards the stair with their hands linked.

“Yah, what are we going to do?!” Taehyung asked loud enough. Hoseok who ran in front of him just smiled and looked back, and then he yelled as an answer, “Do you love sunrises?”

Since this was a small hotel where they only stayed at the second floor, they just ran down the stairs. Taehyung started to pant and then he yelled again as an answer, “Yes!”

Hoseok smiled a little wider and he started to pull Taehyung to run faster.

He had planned to take Taehyung at the morning –which actually sounds like kidnapping Taehyung from the dreamland, to see the morning sunrise from the beach. Sounded great, wasn’t it? Seeing the beautiful sunrise with birdies voices and cold breezes sounded so fascinating to do.

Finally both of them were arrived at the beach which was right in front of their hotel. Both of them were panting and their breaths left wind traces because it was so cold, but they had smiles on their faces.

The sun hadn’t risen yet so it was quite dark. Hoseok started to sit down the sand with his palms each other, followed by Taehyung who sat beside him.

“It’s cold,” Taehyung muttered. Hoseok instantly took Taehyung’s palms and them together with his to share the warmth. Hoseok chuckled and glanced at Taehyung. “Be thankful that I told you to wear your jacket.”

Taehyung smiled widely and nodded. Hoseok just captured the smile with his eyes, and his mind went nowhere.

 

Do it right, Jung Hoseok. You have to do it right.

 

If you wonder why Hoseok thought so, he was planning to prepare himself better in dating Jihye. He was simulating how would he act romantically with Jihye, how should he act affectionately when he was with Jihye. He attempted to imagine Jihye in every move he made with Taehyung…

 

“Hoseok?” Taehyung chuckled and pulled his palms away to wave them in front of Hoseok’s face. Hoseok laughed in shame and finally leaned himself with his arms supported him at the sand.

Taehyung smiled and played with his fingers, he threw his gaze towards the place where they would see the sun rose. It had been quite light to be honest, but the sun hadn’t appeared yet. It would be so nice, he thought.

“Isn’t this also your first time seeing a sunrise from a beach?” Hoseok asked, and Taehyung nodded. “Would that be pretty?”

Hoseok smiled widely, a bit wider than before. “Yes, of course.”

Both of them chuckled, and their exhaled breaths got captured because of how cold it was. Taehyung looked back at Hoseok and asked, “Would it be prettier than the last night’s scenery?”

“Definitely,” Hoseok showed his thumb. “It’s prettier, much prettier than the ones we used to see.”

Taehyung nodded in agreement and his palms together. “Ah, it’s a shame that the others can’t join us.”

 “No need to call them,” Hoseok answered quickly. Taehyung looked at Hoseok in confuse for a moment, but then Taehyung said again, “Because they would chatter all the way until we can’t enjoy the sunrise, right?”

Hoseok was lost for a moment, but then he nodded and laughed. “I can’t imagine doing it with them!” he answered with his gaze locked on Taehyung. For a moment, he just couldn’t look away from him-

Suddenly, the sky got redder than before. Taehyung immediately patted Hoseok’s shoulder and yelled in happiness, “See, see! The sunrise starts!”

Hoseok looked at the sun rising scenery in front of them, and he couldn’t help but felt amazed. He didn’t blink for a moment, but then he realized his real purpose taking Taehyung here. “Yah, let’s count from ten to one!”

Taehyung nodded in amusement, still with his gaze locked on the sunrise.

“Ten, nine, eight…” Hoseok began to count, and Taehyung continued with a wide smile. “Seven, six, five…”

When he thought Hoseok was about to continue the countdown, he was wrong. Hoseok didn’t even stare at the beautiful sunrise; all he did was just staring at Taehyung. Taehyung started to feel nervous and he paused the countdown until Hoseok smiled and muttered, “Continue.”

Taehyung nodded and tried to smile back. “Four, three!”

Hoseok didn’t even look away from Taehyung.

“Two…” Taehyung’s smile grew bigger as most of the part of the sun had appeared.

 

“One!”

 

Suddenly, Hoseok’s two fingers pulled Taehyung’s chin closer and their lips met.

 

For a moment, Taehyung was shocked. He was too shocked that he didn’t even react, he only be able to widen his eyes. He couldn’t even feel that his heartbeat got faster, his whole body suddenly felt frozen which caused by Hoseok.

 

That’s right, Hoseok. You’re great, Jung Hoseok.

 

 

...

a/n: the sad truth was Hoseok kissed Taehyung only to practice (?) his date with Jihye. T__T

but at least they kissed <3

thanks for those who had read, subscribed, commented and upvoted! i rly rly love you<3