005

Fate Often Mistook

“Yoongi-ya!”

All the six boys stood up and waved their hands at Min Yoongi who was running to come to them. Yoongi grinned, he immediately took a seat beside Namjoon’s and he said, “Have you guys waited for a long time?”

“Nope,” Jimin said with a wide smile drawn in his face. “We’re just afraid if you come late.”

 Yes, today was the day where they would have a three-day camp in the foot of the Baekdoo Mountain; where they got to know each other better. It’s not the camp with campfires and tents, but they would stay at a villa. The fun part of it was some seniors from the school committee will also join the camp!

Right now, all the first graders were told to wait at the school lobby because the busses will go to the camp destination for around ten minutes later. The seven boys had been sitting there –actually most of the first graders had been also sitting there already. The seniors who supposed to join them were busy absenting the first graders.

“Woah, I can’t wait,” Seokjin mumbled happily and he his cold hands together. Indeed it was cold, even the air caught their breaths.

The school committee’s president took another absent paper and started reading it out loud. “Jeon Jungkook!”

Jungkook raised his hand in surprise and said, “Here!”

“Ji Yoonjin?” the president asked again and Yoonjin who sat not far away from them raised her hand. “Me!”

The absent went for around five minutes, and then all of them were told to get into the large bus. There were three busses in total, and Hoseok and his classmates got to ride the first one.

“Go pick a mate to seat! Remember, you can only have one person to sit with!” a senior yelled with a speaker as the students walked towards their busses.

 Jimin immediately tiptoed to glance at Yoonjin in front of them.

Seokjin and Yoongi nodded at each other.

Namjoon grinned at Jungkook.

“Taehyungie!!” Hoseok immediately clung at Taehyung. Taehyung curved the corner of his lips awkwardly; he wanted to smile at first realizing the fact that he would sit together with Hoseok but he felt kind of shy at the same time.

All the students entered the busses. The boys have taken their seats but Hoseok and Taehyung who still stood up and tried to walk because in front of them there were too many people.

“Ah, ah!” Hoseok yelled happily when he saw two chairs in the middle were still empty. He immediately took Taehyung’s hand and pulled him to sit there, beside Seokjin and Yoongi’s…

And in front of Jihye and Jaerim’s.

In front of Jihye’s.

Hoseok jumped to sit beside the window that was right in front of Jihye. Taehyung was glad at first that they finally got to sit, but realizing the fact that Hoseok picked it just because it’s exactly in front of Jihye’s just simply… broke his heart?

Taehyung lazily placed his on the chair while Hoseok had stood up facing Jihye and happily greeting, “Jihye-yaaa!!”

Jihye just lazily mumbled while taking her phone and earphone out of her bag. She plugged the earphone in and immediately her phone played a song that herself could only hear.

“What is this?” Hoseok mumbled; he took one of Jihye’s earphone cables and heard the song. It was a newly made ballad song; Lim Chang Jung’s to be specified.

Hoseok nodded following the beat and he glanced at Jihye. “I don’t know your genre is this soft. Aaah, such a gentle girl.”

Jihye just made a careless face and took her another cable back. “Am I?”

Taehyung sighed and glanced at Hoseok who was still talking with Jihye –well, not literally talking with Jihye, he talked and Jihye listened.

Taehyung was about to close his eyes and just sleep when he saw a senior, to be exact the secretary of the school committee who will join them at the camp, glaring at Hoseok. Taehyung glanced at Hoseok, and yes, Hoseok still talked and talked at Jihye with his knees kneeled at the chair.

“Ssh, Hoseok-ah!” Taehyung tugged Hoseok’s shirt. Hoseok immediately looked down, but when he saw Taehyung’s eyes’ direction, he immediately sat properly and faked a cough.

The senior finally looked away, and both of them sighed.

“Aah, how scary,” Hoseok glanced at the senior in hatred. Taehyung just glanced at Hoseok and folded his arms.

Soon enough, the busses left the school towards a place where things will happen… whether the good ones or the bad ones.

“Let’s play connecting words!”

Everyone including the seven boys immediately looked at Jungkook who said so. All of them had been kneeling at their seats to face each other and to talk at the whole trip, but everything they did can’t lessen their boredom.

“Sounds good to try,” Jaerim muttered.

It’s a game where you have to make a chain of words by taking its last syllable, for example if you’re given the word Hoseok, the next word would be something started by Seok, such as Seokjin.

“Okay, okay, I’ll start!” Yoongi climbed higher to kneel at his chair and chuckled, but Namjoon yelled, “Wait, wait! Should we make it to four syllables words so that it would be harder?”

They nodded and Jihye muttered, “Quite challenging.”

“Hm… how should I start?” Yoongi muttered.

Everyone immediately stared at Yoongi curiously. Yoongi tapped his finger on his chin before he finally yelled, “Il-I-Sam-Sa!”

“Can you even think for something more creative?” all of them burst into laughter when Yoongi plainly said the Korean words for one, two, three and four. Yoongi scratched his hair and grinned sheepishly.

It’s now Seokjin’s turn because he was the one who sat beside Yoongi. Seokjin thought for a while as everyone stared at him, and he spoke, “Sa-Rang-Soo-Jung!”; randomly put a celebrity’s name, Jung Soojung, his idol.

“Such a loyal fan,” Yoonjin nodded in amusement and ended up laughing.

“Now it’s Taehyung’s turn!” Jaerim muttered and fixed her sitting position. Taehyung chuckled and immediately thought for the other four syllables word. What started with Jung and have four syllables…

Jungkook cringed and stared at Taehyung. Please say Jung-Kook-Meot-Jin… he thought, hoping that Taehyung would say those words which means ‘handsome Jungkook’.

Seokjin stared at him. My plan should work well...

When they saw Taehyung hadn’t answered, Jimin started to count. “Five…”

 

“Four…”

 

“Three…”

 

“Just say whatever in your head, Taehyung-ah!” Seokjin yelled.

 

“Two…”

 

Taehyung shut his eyes tight before finally yelled, “Jung-Ho-Seok-Jjang!”

 

Everyone remained silent for a while before finally they burst in laughter, even bigger than the previous ones. Namjoon laughed and stared at Taehyung, “Like seriously, Taehyung-ah? Jung Hoseok Jjang?” he burst in laughter again soon.

Jung Hoseok Jjang means Cool Hoseok. Yes, Taehyung said that because it was the only word inside his head! Taehyung turned around and sat down properly, tried hard to hide his reddened cheeks because of that incident.

Hoseok was the one who had the biggest laughter. He immediately looked down at Taehyung and messed his hair, “You just said a truth!”

Taehyung pouted and covered his head with his jacket’s hoodie. “Shut up!”

All of the first graders immediately gapped their mouth once they stood up in front of the mountain.

“Yeah, so we’re finally here!” Jung Yunho, the school committee’s president, yelled happily as he stood at a higher level of stair. He stared at all of his surprised juniors who stood at the lower level of stair than him and he smiled.

They had arrived at the Baekdoo Mountain’s lowest point, but the scenery of the highest point had made them shiver –yet it made them amazed. It was indeed so high, and tomorrow at the second day of the camp they would climb to that point.

Today they would only climb to a near point where the villa located. Well, it’s not literally a villa; it looked like a small house with two large empty rooms where they all would live. Every class would stay in one house with two or three seniors.

It was such a safe and wide field to climb, yet a high and stony stair they had to step. Everyone was actually unsure that they would reach the near point.

“Are you guys ready?” Yunho asked, and forcefully all the juniors yelled, “Yes!”

“We are going to climb to one near point where our villa located. The rooms would be shared once we’re up there. Juniors, don’t you dare to drop!” he yelled, and answered by the juniors, “Yes!”

Yunho smiled for a while and then he yelled again. “What are you waiting for? Let’s… start!!”

Slowly the students walked forward to climb. It was a fun field at first, but then it turned into a tiring activity. They were only a quarter way and most of them had already panting hard. At first the atmosphere was really cold but after climbing a lot, one by one they released their jackets.

Taehyung panted and supported his body with his hands on his knee. He looked up to see Hoseok who was still climbing, and Taehyung slowly continued to climb.

Jimin who used to climb behind Taehyung began to walk passing him. Jimin showed his fist and said, “Fighting, Taehyung-ah!”

Taehyung forced a chuckle in his breath. He tried to climb again but he has been ways too tired. He glanced up only to see Hoseok’s figure for one more time.

Hoseok was definitely tired, but not that exhausted to be specified. He still could laugh and joke around with some friends around him. Jimin seemed to be super strong; he could climb easily and pass Taehyung. The rest were nowhere to see, they might have been up there or they might still left behind.

“Jihye-ya!” suddenly Hoseok turned around and walked downwards. Taehyung looked at him in confuse, but soon Hoseok went upwards again but with Jihye beside him. Jihye seemed to be tired and Hoseok… helped her?

“Ah!” Jihye yelled when she accidentally stepped on a damaged stone. Hoseok immediately wrapped his arm around Jihye’s waist and said, “Be careful, Jihye-ya!”

Taehyung who had left behind them only could stare at them and sigh. His feet suddenly felt number and his chest suddenly felt a little bit more tightened. He didn’t even realize that his pace became slower and slower.

It was too tiring, he thought. It was too tiring. Taehyung looked at a quite large stone beside him and he slowly approached it to sit on it. He panted hard and he had no more strength to even talk.

The presence of Hoseok and Jihye had disappeared from his eyes. Taehyung stared at the long way that he still had to pass; that he still had to walk at. He glanced at people who slowly passed him.

“Hey, you! You’re a junior, right?” suddenly someone from the school committee who was still climbing looked at him. Taehyung nodded in surprise.

The senior approached him and pulled his collar to make him stand up again. Taehyung kept on panting and he obeyed the senior to stand up. “Your seniors don’t even give up. Yah, keep on walking!” and Taehyung finally moved after the scold.

Come on, Taehyung-ah.

He slowly stepped to walk further.

One step…

Two step…

It’s okay if it took a long time; at least he had to arrive up there.

 

 

...

a/n: i don't really know abt Baekdoo Mountain and its points so i'm sorry if there's something wrong e n e

and ugh you guys who commented, subscribed and upvoted, you guys seriously made my day<3 love attack!