010

Fate Often Mistook

“Ah, this school is such a nuisance! How come they gave us a wonderful camp and a week after that it gives us exams?!”

After the camp, all of them immediately had to face the final exams. It was such a tiring thing that they were given such nice treats a week ago and suddenly they had to learn until midnight for a whole week even when they weren’t that ready yet.

Let’s just see what they were doing right now. All students in that class were busy sitting in groups and studying the lessons even though the school period had finished an hour ago. The seven boys were sitting together in a circle and the math textbook was wide opened in the middle of the circle.

“So… let’s do number three,” Jungkook muttered as he flipped the page to see the new question. All those seven pairs of eyes immediately stared at the problem, and Jungkook slowly nodded. “I… get it.”

Most of them started to write the answers in their own books, but Hoseok. Hoseok just blankly stared at the textbook, stared at Taehyung’s book, and sighed.

“I can’t,” Hoseok mumbled. He immediately peeked at Taehyung’s book again with lazy face.

“How come you can’t do this?” Taehyung immediately turned himself towards Hoseok and pulled the textbook closer before he began teaching Hoseok with words that didn’t even enter Hoseok’s brain.

“…so once you get the amount, divide it into two. You get it?” Taehyung made a circle around his explanation that had been written on Hoseok’s book and glanced at Hoseok. Hoseok just stared blankly at his book for a moment before finally shaking his head.

Taehyung stared in disbelief at Hoseok before finally sighing and putting the book away. “Whatever, I give up.”

“Wait, wait, one more question!” Hoseok flipped the page and stared at the fourth problem, and then he handed Taehyung the book. “I guess this one would be easier.”

Taehyung stared at the textbook for a while before finally nodding and taking Hoseok’s book. “Here, so…”

Once Taehyung began explaining, Hoseok tried to listen and to get what he said but everything was just too complicated to understand. He soon sighed, took his book that used to be on Taehyung’s hand and stood up.

“Hoseok, wha-” before Taehyung could finish his sentence, Hoseok had stood up and walked out of the class with his bag on. Taehyung immediately packed all his textbooks and stood up too, he lightly sprinted to follow Hoseok.

“Well, well…” Seokjin muttered. He threw his glance at Taehyung who was running out of the class and then he chuckled. “Really caring, hm?”

“They are so romantic,” Namjoon muttered without even looking at them.

“They even had kissed,” Seokjin mumbled and grinned mischievously at his friends who were now staring at him with widened disbelieving eyes and opened shocked mouths.

 

“What?!”

 

Let’s go back to Taehyung. Luckily Hoseok was still on the hallway. He immediately walked beside Hoseok and Hoseok glanced at him. “I’m tired,” Hoseok muttered halfheartedly.

No answer came from Taehyung. He just walked and walked, but then he nervously opened his mouth. “If… only if you want to, may I come to your house and teach?”

Hoseok glanced at Taehyung again and he thought about it for a while. “Not bad,” he muttered.

Taehyung smiled and glanced at Hoseok. “When do you want me to come?”

Hoseok chuckled. He pretended to think for a while before he said, “What about tomorrow? It’s Saturday so we don’t have anything else to do, right?” he raised his hand and wrapped it around Taehyung’s arm, slowly it messed Taehyung’s hair.

Taehyung grinned shyly and nodded. “I will come tomorrow afternoon.”

Hoseok nodded with a wide smile and he lightly squeezed Taehyung with his arm. “You are really the best,” he said, causing Taehyung to whine shyly and struggled to get out of Hoseok’s embrace.

Both of them continued walking themselves home side by side.

It came. The day for Hoseok and Taehyung to learn together finally came. It was a quite hot afternoon, the weather changed so easily. It’s been Taehyung’s second or third time to come over to Hoseok’s house, but he used to come only to play or things years ago. Now he had barely remembered how the big yet old-styled house looked like, but the sight of Hoseok’s gigantic gate immediately replayed his memory.

Taehyung was standing in front of Hoseok’s house with a backpack hung on his back. He was nervous whether he would press the bell beside the gate or just wait here. He lengthened his hand to reach the bell, but soon he pulled it back and he nervously bit his lip.

Should he get in? What if Hoseok’s doing something inside he shouldn’t disturb? Or was Hoseok waiting for him too? He played with his fingers before finally decided to just press the bell.

Soon enough the door opened from inside and it revealed the figure of a little boy which was only around five or six. Taehyung widened his eyes in confuse before finally he remembered the petite cute boy with large eyes and squishy reddened cheeks. It was Jung Jinyoung, Hoseok’s little brother with far .

Taehyung immediately smiled and waved his hand at Jinyoung. Jinyoung smiled widely and then he immediately turned back to his house only to yell, “Hyung!!!!”

There were some unclear mumbles which came from inside the house before finally Hoseok opened the door. He immediately smiled when he saw Taehyung, and Taehyung replied the smile. “Hi.”

Hoseok immediately went towards the gate to open it, followed by the little Jinyoung behind him. Once the gate opened, Taehyung politely got in and he thanked Hoseok.

“Hyung! Hyung!” Jinyoung immediately jumped around them when they walked towards inside the house. Hoseok just chuckled and he messed Jinyoung’s hair with a smile.

Hoseok opened the door, and it directly showed his living room after going through some hallways. Taehyung immediately stood beside Hoseok once they reached the living room with Hoseok’s mom in it, and Jinyoung ran to meet his mom. “Mom, hyung comes!!”

Mrs. Jung immediately stood up, turned around, and the presence of her child and a friend made her smile. Hoseok spoke, “Mom, this is Kim Taehyung, my friend.”

Taehyung bowed down politely and he said, “Hello, nice to meet you.”

“Ah, such a polite kid,” Mrs. Jung smiled. “Yes, nice to meet you too.”

“What polite?” Hoseok immediately laughed and messed Taehyung’s hair which caused the latter boy to push Hoseok’s hand away. “He’s just cute and stubborn. That’s all.”

“W-what are you talking about?!” Taehyung’s face turned redder and he silently hit Hoseok’s back with his fist. Hoseok just let out a groan and said, “Mom, he’s mean!!”

Mrs. Jung laughed and said, “Kids, you are here to study, right? Go upstairs to Hoseok’s room; mom will bring some snacks soon.”

After a small fight that they hid, finally they went upstairs. Mrs. Jung switched the television, walked towards the kitchen, still followed by the little Jinyoung.

She slowly cut a roll of sushi she had prepared before and she put them on a plate. Jinyoung just climbed at the dining table’s chair to watch his mom beside him.

Mrs. Jung slightly smiled when she remembered Hoseok and Taehyung’s scenes. It was such a close friendship, but somehow… she thought it was a little bit more. “I smell something different, Jinyoung-ah,” she muttered.

“What does mom smell?” Jinyoung asked; he tilted his head a little. “Tteokbokki? Bibimbap?” and his mom laughed, soon ruffled her second son’s hair.

“I know you might don’t remember it, but this is my room.”

Both of the boys entered the room on the second stair, Hoseok’s room to be specified. It was a quite large room without any posters stuck on the clean wall. The bed was pretty stuffy because of Hoseok’s stuffs but it still had wide enough space. The room was connected with the outer balcony, so it was wide enough. It had a big table at the corner filled with textbooks and notebooks.

“I’m sorry it’s kinda messy,” Hoseok said with his hand scratching his nape and he chuckled. Taehyung shook his head and he said, “It’s somehow tidier than my room.”

“What a lie,” Hoseok walked towards his balcony to open the curtain that covered it, so that the room won’t be that dark. Taehyung chuckled and he slowly went to sit at Hoseok’s bed’s corner. He wondered around Hoseok’s room with his eyes. So this was the place where Hoseok slept, learned, and did most of the things…

“So, my teacher,” Hoseok said, he took his textbook from the table. “What will we learn about today?”

Taehyung laughed at Hoseok’s act. “Math, my student.”

Soon enough, both of them had lied at the bed side by side with the textbook in front of them. Taehyung explained the problems and wrote them down on a book, while Hoseok listened and stared at the book.

“Ah, I got it!” Hoseok grinned widely and nodded. Taehyung glanced at Hoseok in happiness and then he asked, “Really? Try to do this then.”

When Hoseok was working on another problem, suddenly there was a knock from outside the door. Hoseok looked up, he mumbled an ‘hm’ and Mrs. Jung appeared from outside. “Do I disturb you kids?”

“Ah, no, ahjumma,” Taehyung said awkwardly. “We are just working on some problems.”

She just smiled and put the plate filled with sushi cuts on the table. Hoseok immediately sniffed the air and said, “Woah, sushi! How much do you cook, mom?”

“I still have a lot if you want to,” she stared at the boys and smiled. “I know you are tired, go take a rest for a while and eat to refill your energy.”

The boys nodded, and once the door got closed from outside, Hoseok jumped down the bed to get the plate. “This smells awesome,” he exhaled.

Taehyung peeked at the plate and sniffed it too. “Your mom is such a chef,” he mumbled.

The boys went back to lay down at the bed but with the sushi. They started to eat them one by one, and soon there was just one piece of sushi left.

“Who will eat it?” Hoseok asked still with his mouth full of foods, he glanced at Taehyung. Taehyung pushed the plate towards Hoseok and he said, “Just take it.”

Hoseok shook his head and pushed it back to Taehyung. “For you. Thanks for teaching me, hm?”

When Hoseok saw Taehyung didn’t react for a moment, he immediately took the sushi and aimed it to Taehyung’s mouth. “Open your mouth please,” he grinned.

Taehyung couldn’t help but feeling shy when Hoseok fed him like that. He slowly opened his mouth and let the delicious sushi entered his mouth, and then he chewed it with a smile.

“I’m glad if you’re smiling like that,” Hoseok placed his palm on Taehyung’s head and slowly caressed it. Taehyung just blushed a little and pushed Hoseok’s hand away. “Yah, don’t do it!” he mumbled.

“See, the way you eat is just really messy,” Hoseok mumbled and pointed at a small rice that stuck on Taehyung’s cheek. When Taehyung was about to take it, Hoseok immediately picked it with his finger and ate it.

“W-what are you doing?” Taehyung smacked Hoseok’s back with his fist which actually didn’t hurt at all. Hoseok just laughed seeing the shy Taehyung, so he looked at Taehyung and whispered, “How do you think it tastes like?”

Taehyung widened his eyes a little and he shook his head. “D-don’t know.”

“It tastes sweet,” Hoseok said with a naughty grin on his face.

 

“Just like when I kissed you.”

 

Taehyung was completely red and blushing now, all he could do was just hitting Hoseok’s head hard and yelling, “Yah, don’t do it!!”

“Ah- okay, Taehyung! Just stop hitting me, please!”

 

 

...

a/n: yay we reached chapter 10.

i learned lots of lessons today. first, you have to appreciate every little thing and be thankful because of them. second, you have to do your best at everything and third, you have to learn to accept, but not to give up everything. hohoho.

thank you for those who had read, subscribed, commented, and upvoted!