003

Fate Often Mistook

I hate you, Kim Taehyung!

 

Taehyung rolled over his bed and frowned a little as that voice echoed inside his head. He let out a soft grunt and he flung his pillow away in reflect.

 

Yoon Jihye, I love you!

 

Taehyung immediately opened his eyes wide and looked at the ceiling with rushed breath. It was just a dream, it was just a dream. Hoseok’s voice was so real inside the dream. He tried to calm himself by rubbing his palm on his face and sighed.

He fell asleep too deep.

Oh, what hour was now? He wondered and rolled closer towards his phone. He took it from the table and clicked the unlock button, and the screen showed 8:22 PM.

Taehyung lazily stepped down from his bed and walked towards his bag that was tossed on the floor. He bowed his back and took his bag; harshly he slammed it down the chair of his learning table.

Oh, the homework.

Taehyung opened his bag while silently thinking about the homework inside his bag. He took a black book from it with his pencil case and he started laying down the floor.

He fell asleep for too much time that he had to work on math quickly. Taehyung took an iPod from his pocket, scrolled the screen for a moment, and then putting it at the floor with the speaker treated himself with songs. The old love songs anyone had never known.

 

Let my most distant embrace

Combust in loneliness for you

I love you but I must not bother you

 

Taehyung supported his head with his hand; slowly he moved his head right to left according to the song’s calm beat. His other hand was busy writing and counting answers for the homework until he didn’t even realize that time went by so fast.

As he wrote the answer for the fourth question, his phone on the table vibrated. Taehyung crawled towards it to take the phone and he crawled back to his previous place to lie down at the floor again. Seeing the caller name, he immediately clicked the answer button.

“Yeah, Hoseok-ah?” he muttered and went back to his homework, but everything inside his head and the butterflies inside his stomach made him couldn’t think and write properly.

“You sound like you just woke up,” Hoseok, on the other side, spoke playfully.

Taehyung curved the corner of his lips and he replied, “Yeah. Is my voice that predictable?”

Hoseok chuckled and shook his head. “It’s just I’ve heard yours for many times that I remember it so much.”

Taehyung smiled shyly and adjusted his head’s position. He playfully bit the tip of his pen while kept on waving his feet in the air. “Why are you calling me?” he asked.

“Uh, have you finished the math homework?” Hoseok sheepishly asked from the other line and Taehyung chuckled. “In which number are you?”

Just like it has been a common thing to do, Taehyung could immediately know that Hoseok was asking for his help. Out of the blue, why would Hoseok call him instead of asking the genius Namjoon or smart Jungkook?

Hoseok answered from the other line. “Two.”

Taehyung’s gaze immediately moved towards number two. He read it for several times and then yelled at the phone, “Yah, you foolish! You don’t even know how to do this?!”

Hoseok yelled back at Taehyung. “Yah! Do you think I know everything?!”

They yelled for several times before Taehyung yelled loudly like an ahjumma to stop their fight and started explaining the answer for number two. Hoseok, in the other line, just listened with his eyes blank, but a smile was drawn on his face.

“Do you get it?” Taehyung gently spoke after a long explanation. Hoseok was finally pulled back to the reality and he answered, “Uh, can you repeat?”

“Yaaaah!!!” Taehyung yelled loudly in another ahjumma-style high pitch which made Hoseok gave a gap between the cell phone with his ear. “I thought you already noted that! Yah! Do you know how does it feel when you are not listening?! You little annoying brat! You shouldn’t call me if you only want to abandon me!!”

At the other line, Hoseok had been laughing his off while Taehyung was still frowning in anger and pouting. After a moment wiping his tears, Hoseok finally said, “You know, you really look like an angry wife.”

“How could you call me an angry-” Taehyung was about to yell when his brain finally fully progressed Hoseok’s word and it shut him up. Hoseok still lightly laughed and replied, “Because you look like one. Or I should call you an angry girlfriend?” before he burst out in laughter again.

Taehyung wasn’t yelling angrily anymore, instead he looked at another direction and felt shy yet nervous at the same time. At the other line, Hoseok finally could calm himself down and he was just chuckling lightly now.

“Now do you mind to repeat the explanation?” Hoseok asked gently and Taehyung smiled widely while glancing down shyly and he slowly shook his head. In less than a second, he began reading the explanation again, but this time he explained in a calmer way and the way he spoke just made Hoseok wouldn’t mind staying on the line for a long time.

Hoseok, in the other line, began writing and thinking about the explanation. Occasionally he asked in the middle of the explanation, and Taehyung would explain it to him until he fully understood it.

“You get it now?” Taehyung asked and Hoseok mumbled in a cheerful tone.

Taehyung chuckled lowly but happily, and Hoseok adjusted his position while fixing some of his handwriting in the homework book. “You know what?” Hoseok asked.

“Huh?” Taehyung asked confusedly.

“I call you like this and it makes me look like your boyfriend,” Hoseok playfully said while he was playing with his phone. Taehyung didn’t even has a chance to blush or things, all he did was closing his eyes and repeating the word, please, please, don’t say Jihye’s name.

A moment of silence began, and Taehyung opened his eyes.

“Taehyungie oppaaaaa!!!!” suddenly Hoseok randomly yelled from the other line and Taehyung immediately burst in laughter listening Hoseok mimicked the voice of a little girl. Hoseok held his laughter and yelled once again. “My opppaaaa, Taehyung oppaaaa!!!!”

No one said a thing for a moment, both of them were just laughing out loud until glints of tears appeared on their eyes. Taehyung spoke between his laughter, “When I’m sad you got to yell like that again!”

Hoseok sniffled and mumbled an unclear ‘yes’ between his laughter. The laughter from two sides finally faded away, but after a silent second, they brought the loud laughter back.

“Woah, woah. You surprised me, Hoseok-ah.”

The girls were standing around a table with Hoseok’s homework wide opened in the middle of it. Hoseok stepped in the circle and said, “Cool, right? Yah, I’m not that lazy.”

Jaerim nodded in agreement and said, “You’ve never finished your homework before.”

Without words, Yoonjin took her homework book and started copying Hoseok’s, but Hoseok immediately pulled his book from the table, causing Yoonjin to stare at him in disbelief. “Yah, I’m writing and you pull it like that?!”

“I’ve done lots of effort for finishing this,” Hoseok said and waved his book with a proud smile on his face. Jaerim clicked her tongue and said, “Effort your .”

Hoseok just made a face and walked away with his book, while everyone was staring at him in disbelief. Yoonjin pointed at him with her middle finger and made a face. “I’ve known since the beginning that he is a bastard full of bulls. Aah, son of a crap.”

When she was busy cursing Hoseok with super inappropriate words that I shouldn’t write it here, suddenly the class’ door wide opened and revealed the Yoon Jihye who just came. Hoseok immediately ran towards Jihye and said, “Good morning!”

Jihye just mumbled halfheartedly and entered the class. Taehyung who sat at his chair since the morning who didn’t even move any single inch immediately dropped his head down the table and his heart dropped to his stomach.

Jihye walked towards the girls and said, “Hey, hey,” followed by Hoseok behind her. She put her bag down her chair and said, “Did anyone of you do the math homework?”

“Meeee!” Hoseok immediately raised his homework book and grinned widely.

All the girls who were sitting down immediately glared at Hoseok because when it came to the girl he liked Hoseok became very generous, but at them they became the stingiest person alive. Hoseok just kept his wide grin on his face without even minding the glares.

Jihye instantly attempted to snatch the book but Hoseok immediately hid the book behind his body while swaying his index finger to say ‘no’.

“You offered me your homework just like a second ago and you don’t allow me to borrow it?!” Jihye spoke loudly, but she only got a chuckle from Hoseok as a reply.

“You want this?” Hoseok pointed at his book and Jihye immediately nodded. “Give it to me, yah.”

Hoseok held his smile and pointed at his cheek that was facing Jihye. “Kiss me first, and then I will give you the book.” He glanced at Jihye while raising his eyebrows. “Hm?”

“Kiss him! Kiss him!” uncontrollably the class members had been chanting. Jihye just looked around in disgust, seeing that those filthy humans wanted her to kiss Hoseok’s cheek.

Hoseok chuckled and stayed pointing his cheek, waiting for Jihye’s lips to lean on it. Taehyung was the only one who stayed quiet, just as what expected. He was also the only kid that didn’t join the chanting crowd.

Bam!

Jihye’s small bag immediately hit Hoseok’s cheek hard. Jihye just smiled innocently and said, “My bag just kissed you.”

Seeing Hoseok still stayed quiet in shock, Jihye immediately took the homework book and sat down casually to copy it, and the girls laughed seeing her action. Hoseok gapped his mouth and rubbed his hurt side.

“Aaaah, pathetic me,” Hoseok whimpered and sat down the table with no energy.

They said singing could relieve your broken heart a little. Did it really work?

Taehyung slowly mumbled a sad love song while taking some shirts from his wardrobe. Slowly he placed the shirts on his bed and he turned around to take some again.

Taehyung took the list of stuffs he had to bring to the camp and read it. Jacket, done. Shirts, done.

Ah, the socks! He opened the little drawer inside his wardrobe and took four pairs of socks. He put it above his shirts nicely. They said it will be quite cold, so it’s better for him to prepare some additional socks.

Yes, tomorrow was the D-Day for the camp in Baekdoo Mountain. His friends and he were so excited for it since although mountains were cold, mountains had lots of fun! Taehyung had prepared enough, at least he only had about one or two things left to prepare. He had also planned to sleep at nine, an hour from now, and woke up peacefully tomorrow at five.

He read the list again and widened his eyes when he reached one. He stopped his singing to say, “Is it that cold that we have to bring hot packs too?”

Taehyung was about to go downstairs when his phone suddenly rang. He clicked his tongue and went towards his table only to see that Hoseok was the one who called him. Jung Hoseok.

“Yeah?” Taehyung spoke after pressing the answer button.

“Taehyung-ah,” Hoseok spoke at the other line.

Taehyung mumbled in confuse. “What, Hoseok?”

“You’re my friend, right?” Hoseok said, and Taehyung nodded in confuse again.

“You’re the beeest friend ever. You’re cool, handsome, smart-“

“What happened?” Taehyung curved his eyebrows, he felt confused that Hoseok suddenly called him and spoke like that.

“Please, please, please. Please do me a favor. Please help me.”

 

...

 

a/n: ugh ugh all subscribers and upvoters, i love y'all forever <3