The Flower

100 Days

DAY 26

I woke up with my hand held a paper that I saw in my dream. I'm not shocked this time because I used to be. It's Greek handwriting, I guess and of course I don't know what is it. I look at the ring on my ring finger that Joonmyeon gave me last night and I smiled without any reason. Why I should a reason when last night was like a fairytale night? I feel like a fairy sprinkle a fistful of dust fairy on us and Joonmyeon suddenly became a prince charming who save me from a nightmare every night that I've through. I don't know if this kind of fairytale story do exist; I just describe what I felt. My phone is beeping and I excitedly take my phone on my bed side table because I know who's texting me.

"Good morning, my precious. I'm sorry, I can't go to your house today, so there's no breakfast for you but make sure you take any food before go to class. My car tank got no fuel to move. Hehe, I'm so sorry.. Meet you at the class. Don't late~ I love you."

As usually, I'm not replying his text as if nothing important to tell. Once he asked me why I didn't reply his morning text, then I tell him the truth. He have been sulking with me all day long and I replied him for his next day morning text and he told me to not replied his morning text if got nothing important to tell next time because he's getting more annoying than before. Even if I don't have the habit of not replying the text, why I should replied when after 5 minutes I read the text he got himself to my house? Sometimes I get really mess up but I know, he did it because he love me. I asked him to stop but he said stopping from doing that will make his day incomplete because I complete him. How I can stop him by his words?

I'm making step heading the kitchen after I got myself complete to go to class. "Good morning, Soojung." Junhee greeted me as I could saw she's preparing coffee and I took away out the mushroom cheese bread that I bought yesterday. "Good morning." I replied as I helped her prepare our breakfast. "Joonmyeon didn't come?" Junhee asked me. "Yea, his car tank was empty. Why?" I said. "Nothing. Just, finally I can make my own breakfast." Junhee said as she pour the coffee inside the two cups. "I know right? Oh, should I cook something?" I asked as I saw my dining table not full as always. "No need. I didn't eat too much when breakfast." Junhee said and we take our sit on the chair. "So, where are you work at?" I asked her as I drink my coffee and start to open the bread plastic. "Musical store. I'm teaching." she said as she ate her bread. "Wow, isn't it hard to teach?" I asked her. "Sort of. I want to continue my study but I've to save up my money first." she explained and just nodded. 

The door bell rings and I got myself into the door. As I open it, it's a delivery guy. "Hello, miss." the guy said as he bowed and hand me a bouquet of flower. I take it and he asked me to sign the receiver's paper. "Thank you." I said and closed the door. "Who's it?" Junhee asked me and she startled at the bouqeut of red roses that I held. "From whom?" she asked me and I just lift my shoulder up as I also blank and I thought of Joonmyeon. I take a sit on the couch beside Junhee. I grab the small red card and open it and read the text on it.

"I'm holding my heart in my hand and I chose a life that's with you."
                                                                        -Kim Joonmyeon-

"Lucky you for having my best friend." Junhee said and I replied, "Lucky you because you know him well." she smiled and answered, "But I'm not the one who got his heart. You're the luckier." I smiled as I don't want to argued about who's the luckier or what as I smell jealousy and disappointed on her. I'm particularize the red roses but I got no idea why there's only blue tulip that not yet blooming in the middle of the red roses.

I got late for my class but not so late because I run into my lecturer and I walk to the class with him. I take out the paper that appear as I wake up and asked him if it's true that's Greek handwriting and he nodded and he asked me where did I got it and I lied that someone gave it to me. I asked him if someone do know how to read this handwriting in this college and he told me to go to the library because one of the librarian was from Greece. I thanked him and he told me that I've do well in my final paper work and he remind me about the graduation. I smiled to him as we arrived the class. I got a text from someone as my phone vibrate. I eyed Joonmyeon as he turns back and he smiled and waved. I rolled my eyes and check on my phone. 

"I told you to not be late. See you for a lunch. I love you."

"How about no? Because I got something to do after this class."

"No. I'll waiting at the cafeteria."

I'm packing up all my study stuff inside my bagpack and walk out from the class. I managed my step to the library. There are five of library here so I've to go check by myself one by one. About a half an hour later, I finally found her. She's Han Graciela. I asked her if she can hand me some help about Greek handwriting. She told me that she not remember well as she have leave Greece for a long time. I give her the paper and she take it as she already want it is.

"Μια εισαγωγικά ως κλειδί για να καλέσετε έναν άγγελο να πω."

"What is the meaning?"

"A quote as a wrench to call an angel to tell."

"What wrench?"

"How would I know?"

"Oh, thank you so much."

What wrench ? What quote ? My quote ? Then which quote ? What angel ? Tell what ? I really got no idea what's the meaning of this sentences. The wrench is a quote which is; creating quotes is my hobby and I got a lot of quotes that I've write before and the last time I wrote a quote on that day I met Joonmyeon but I think I lost it and I tried to rememeber that quote as I walked towards the cafeteria. I don't know why I'm so confident about my last quotes. I like to create a quote about my opinion on something or something that I think. My mind rewind that Joonmyeon once told me that he had read that quote so I'll ask him later. I see a hand wave to me as I'm heading the cafeteria and I smile towards that person. "I'm sorry for the late." I apologized him. "As long I can see your face, it's okay." he said and I'm smiling as I take my sit in front of him. There's two glasses of apple juice on the table. "That's yours. You seems so tired." he eyed me the juice apple. "Thanks. Yeah, sort of." I said and drink the juice. "Have you eaten?" I asked him and he shook his head. "I'm waiting for you. Soojung-ah, let's cook together." he said and give him a weird stares. "Seriously?" I asked and he chuckled then nodded

I don't know what have been gotten into him. He's getting more weird today but glad, I can handle this guy. As he comes inside my house, he stares at the bouquet of the roses that I leave it at the living room table. Alright, I'm really not ready yet to be dead meat right now. He asked me if I got an urn or pots to put the roses because the roses are the real one. I nodded as I walked inside my store and come back to the living room with glass urn. "I need one more." he said as he fill the urn with water while I get myself another urn. He put the other glass urn with the blue tulip and I could see disappointed inside his eyes. "I'm sorry." I said. "It's fine. You're rushing, right?" he said and force a smile out from his lips. "Thanks, Joonmyeon. I do appreciate what you've done to me. Sigh, I lost my words. I'm sorry." I said. He touch my cheek and smile, "There's nothing to apologize and you don't need to explain what happened. Let's cook something for my growling stomach." he said and I suddenly hug him. "I'm so sorry.." I said and I could feel he patted my back.

I think today is the worst day ever I've been through with him. I never see his disappointed face like this. Everything went awkward and there's even less of laughter and smiling include the conversation. I feel so bad but I can't help though. The lunch went fine but we went silence. After lunch, he sits on the couch at the living room stares at the two glasses urn that fill with water and flowers. I take a sit beside him and he stretch his right hand as I lean on him. I could feel his calm heart beat and he plays around with my hair. We went silence but our eyes stares the flowers that in front of us.

"You should just throw it away." he said. 

"Why?"

"It's being a spoiler here."

"Then you shouldn't give me another flower next time."

"Why?"

"It's being a spoiler on us." I said and he lean a kiss on my forehead.

"If you really want to throw it away, don't throw the blue tulip and you've always exchange its water."

"Why? I also get weird when I see there's only blue tulip. Why?"

"I bought two actually. The florist predict that the blue tulip will bloom in this 2 or 3 weeks and I've decided something. If it's blooming in this two weeks, we will get married as what the tradition way but if it's blooming a week later, we will got married by our own way. Sign the marriage contract, get our parents' bleesing and live our life forever. Agreed?"

"What's the big deal though? You still will marry me, right? Got no different, Joonmyeon."

"It's different because the tradition way seems difficult and I don't like a big ceremony. But my parents asked me that way so I've made a deal with them too. Have you tell your parents?" he said and I shook my head.

"You should." he said and lean his head on mine.

 

I saw there were so many people that I knew at the room which I don't know where. Some of them were crying and there were no even a smile on each person face. I got weird and I tried to find Joonmyeon because I saw Junhee with Joonmyeon's family. I patted someone shoulder wanted to asked what's happened but I got no respond. I saw Joonmyeon ran towards some place. I scream out his name and followed him from his back. I tried to reached him as he stopped his step but I froze when I saw me in blue Hanbok lying down with closes eyes. My face looked pale and someone put my face a makeup thing. Joonmyeon that person who put makeup on my face leave and I could heard he's crying as he put a ring on my ring finger and a blue tulip in my held. "That's my last promise that you'll bring to Heaven and it'll never fit anyone but you. I'll follow you soon. Rest in peace, my love." he said as he leaned a kiss on my forehead. I can't help myself but crying and screamed out that I'm still alive. I saw six men move my body to a coffin and brought that coffin out from the room. In one corner, I saw my formal picture and surrounded with blue tulip which my formal picture should be full with white flower. I don't know what happened but I seems like attend my own funeral ceremony and I would like to attend yours.