The Wife

The Rocker And The Actress
Chapter 1
JH just came from a meeting and got really stressed out about the turn of events during their discussion with the CNBLUE’s manager. When he arrived at their dorm, he was very hesitant to open it up to YH. But he remembered what his manager said after the meeting.

“JH, you better inform YH about this, we don’t want a riot to happen when you start the project, araseo?”. He still can’t believe why of all the men in the industry he was chosen.

“Ughh, I am better off in a supporting role”, he utter in silence while pouring a glass of juice in a mug. Then, he immediately looked for YH in his room. He barely predicted that either their hyung is sleeping like a dead person with JH’s pajama on or is composing some music. He knew, he is correct with either of the two choices. When he peeked up, his latter choice was right.

I really am the best, no second best, right now, hyung should be prioritized”, was all his consolation phrase for himself as he immediately remembered why he was bothered a while ago.

“Hyung, are you busy?” Jonghyun having a mug of juice in his left hand leaned on the door of YongHwa’s room. He wasn’t exactly looking at his hyung but instead he fixed his stare on his juice while stirring it.

“Hmmm, Wae?” asked by Yong Hwa who is busy in front of his computer and keyboard piano as he is as usual, recording a melody.

Yong Hwa while, hitting a note in his piano has a guitar placed on his lap. He occasionally puts away his fingers from the keyboard to reach for his guitar pick clipped by his lips and then strum the guitar. The guitar and piano are alternately hit one by one. He barely glanced at Jonghyun when he felt his presence. He is in concentration mode right now for he had just thought of a very upbeat music so he thought a little disturbance will make all of the melody he created be gone so he wants it badly to not be bothered by anyone.

“Opseo~”, Junghyun said while still stirring the juice he is holding.

A little more minute passed by but the sounds of the piano and the guitar are the only sounds JH hears. He hadn’t heard any response from his brother so he waited patiently. He knew how important privacy is for his hyung especially when it comes to recording a demo but thinking about what happened during his talk with their manager will do him no good if he wouldn’t talk it to Yong Hwa.

When Yong Hwa realized Jong Hyun hasn’t left yet. He immediately faced him. As the band’s leader for almost 5 years, he already knew how s would act, how they tell the truth and how they lie, much more, how they ask for a favor. He was a little bit upset for when he catches the realization, to his dismay, all of the melody he thought was gone. He tried really hard to put the pieces back on but he failed. He did a prolonged sigh to show his frustration. He was about to face Jonghyun and talk to him about his misbehavior but when he saw how stress covered his brother’s face, he immediately backed out but made a mental note to continue his deserved punishment when the thing that is bothering his Jonghyun will be settled.

He showed him the Leader look, glared a little like he is reading his mind and asked, “Beoya?”

Jonghyun tried to answer his hyung’s question but was shocked by himself when no words came out of his mouth. “Ahh, if only, what I wanted to tell him is about the demo again then it wouldn’t be as difficult. This news would definitely hit him hard.”

Yong Hwa stared at JongHyun for almost a minute and waited patiently. He is all so ready to help him with the demo Jonghyun has difficulty dealing with. He is so sure that whatever his problem is, he easily gets ashamed to ask for help. Yong Hwa is starting to smile at how JH looks. Though he was a bit shocked because this isn’t the usual look he shows when he wants to ask for something, he still sees it as funny how someone like Jonghyun who totally loves himself and thinks of himself as the best, can look like a kitten wandering around looking for a shelter in a rainy night. Yong Hwa sometimes sees himself in Jonghyun, someone who doesn’t want to make mistake, has this pride as tall as the towers.

“ But I am still the best”, Yong Hwa thought.

“Yah, are you just going to stand there and stare at the mug like a kid? Come on, tell me what is it? Are you having difficulty with the melody? Or the lyrics? Do you think it’s the arrangement?” Yong Hwa continuously asked while reaching the mug of juice from JH’s hand and took a sip. He gave it back to where he got it for fear of having to wash it later.

Jong Hyun drank the remaining juice he was holding and faces his hyung.

“Hyung, Hem manager talked to me a while ago and he wants to add something in my schedule, he said, it would help a lot to me since I am now a little bit active with programs and shows. Lots of our fan petitioned and the demand is high so according to him, if I won’t do it, there is a big possibility that I would disappoint them, so, what do you think?” Jong Hyun finally initiated. He felt a little pound was unloaded from his chest for he was able to say it now.

“Oh, that’s a good news, but why look like an ahjumma? Huh? You look exactly the same when we were asking and persuading you before to audition in A Gentleman’s Dignity, hahaha” Yong Hwa chuckles while resting his right arm on Jong Hyun’s shoulder while they went straight to the kitchen.

Yong Hwa removed his arms when they reached the refrigerator and opened it. He got a bottle of cappuccino which a number of it was stocked inside for Yong Hwa’s deliberation. He opened it with one go. He is looking at his brother’s face while drinking it.

“ Yah, what’s wrong with you? I told you, you better get that offer or do you want me to do it, huh?” Yong Hwa tried to use what he used before to persuade JH to get the Colin Black role, he was so confident JH would answer immediately but was surprised for his continuous silence.

That would be better but you can’t, not anymore.” JH thought.

YH became impatient due to JH silence so he used his rarely used persuasion technique to let JH speak.

“JH, you are becoming like a kid as of this moment and I do not like it. If you want to play, not with me, I am starting to doubt your credibility as the second leader of this band, now if you want me take all those words back, speak!” Yong Hwa said in a very composed and authoritative manner, he never used this method before but something from his insides is telling him that he needs to hear what JH has to say or it will be the end of the world.
JH was totally astounded with what he heard. His pride was definitely hurt by what his hyung said but partially blamed himself for acting like this. He already sensed that they are now sharing the anxiety he is keeping a while ago and cannot blame him for his words.

“Miyanhe, hyung,. . . ahmm. . . Hem Manager offered me a project . . . and he told me I have to do it. Our World tour has been finished and they want us to focus on national television now since we have been eyeing for music this past year.” JH answered with a bowed head.

“That is why I told you to accept it, there is nothing wrong with having a show, now go practice, and I take those words back! Palli Kah! YH pushing JH on his back but before JH started to walk away, YH asked

“Chamkaman, what show was that?”

JH immediately answered when YH asked for he feared that he might lose the courage again to speak. “We Got Married”

YH was stunned with what he heard. “Bwah? Yong Hwa stopped a minute to remember why does the show “We Got Married” sounded so familiar. Then memories from the year 2010-2011 rushed in like a river from his mind and all of a sudden those memories flare him up. “Uh, that show again, I can’t believe I have to hear that show’s name again from my member”, YH thought while squeezing his eyes as shut as possible while hyper extending his head which pretty much shows how much he hated the show for all the consequences he got.

When YH finally recovered, he blurted out “No, I will talk to Hyung, there is no way you will be ruining your life for that show, it is enough that I did. NO!!”

YH rushed out of the kitchen and went back to his room to look for his phone. He is going to call their manager and ask him about how they talk about this before, that there is no way the other members will be participating in that show again. He looked for his phone but got frustrated when he couldn’t find it.

“JH, I won’t allow you to participate in that show, you know what happened to me, right? What if they would pair you with another girl from that SNSD? Their fans are crazy, everything you will do will be associated with their princesses. Ughh! No Way, Baldo Andwe!”

YH sat down while remembering all of his hard works being wasted just because some fans are only concerned for his being the “good husband”. He felt really tired then, hoping the show would just end. Thank God Heartstrings came, at least he was able to provide the perfect reason to leave the show and more importantly, he went back to where he belongs.

“Hyung, I know what you experienced before and I wouldn’t want that either but manager got it already signed. He said it will be best for all of us especially for you and we already know who my wife will be and she’s not from any girl group.” JH explained but felt a little guilt inside.

YH felt a little relieved when he heard his JH’s to-be-wife is not an idol. He thought, idol’s fans are crazier and more delusional than any other personalities in Korean industry. He felt a rush of excitement about who his JH’s wife will be but somewhat somewhere in his being released a tension and delusion. It is like he wanted to know the girl but is afraid that JH will hit a bull’s eye within him. He just prayed there will be nothing of a sort so he asked.

“Who?”

YH’s sight darkened when JH uttered “Park Shin HYe.:shock::o:shock::evil::evil::evil::mrgreen: