{ 09 }

Broken Rules

{ 09 }

 

Kai stood up and offered his hand at Sulli. He has a cocky smirk painted on his face which she would love to tear apart limb by limb. “I hope our merger will go well, Ms. Choi.” He said in a no-nonsense tone.

 

Sulli kept her face blank and shook his hand. “Hopefully, Mr. Kim.”

 

To her surprise, Kai suddenly pulled her close with their hands which were clasped together. Too surprised to move, she remained beside him and he slung his arm over her shoulders as they moved out of the abandoned dance room. “What the hell is this, Kim?” She hissed under her breath, not liking the skinship with Kai.

 

“It was stated in the contract that skinship will be allowed if Kim Jongin deems it needed.” He answered as they continued walking. They’re finally out of the old building and walking through the school’s quadrangle. Students were starting to scatter and while Sulli felt too rigid and jumpy, Kai looked like he was having the time of his life.

 

“Is this an emergency situation?!” She tried again, hoping to break free but Kai was not budging. He continued walking with his one arm slung over her shoulder while his other hand was pocketed in his pants.

 

He leaned close to her ear, making their other schoolmates giggle and swoon about how sweet it is to have Kai as her boyfriend and how lucky Sulli must be. She would have snorted if only Kim Jongin’s closeness was not bothering her. “I believe so, yes, Choi.”

 

She spent the rest of their walk shooting daggers at Kai through looks disguised under a loving gaze. She almost ran towards her classroom door when he held her back. They were both in the classroom doorway, with Sulli a step inside and Kai a step outside. “Peck me on the cheek.” Kai commanded silently.

 

She only crossed her arms and spoke through gritted teeth disguised under a smile. “Not a chance, Kim.”

 

“I’m the one doing all the work here,” he muttered and sighed before he leaned in and pecked her. The collective gasps from her classroom didn’t even deter Kai and his confidence. He smiled evilly as her cheeks blush. “See, Jinnie, it’s not that bad.” He said and winked.

 

Sulli was still frozen on her spot when the other EXO members who were their classmates came. Kai each gave a fist bump to Luhan, Kyungsoo, Yixing, Chanyeol, and Yi Fan. “Hey guys.”

 

“Hey, she’s your girlfriend, right?” Kyungsoo was the first one to ask.

 

Kai nodded coolly while Sulli cannot even speak or move. Kai’s peck was one thing, but her being crowded by half of EXO? It was totally another thing. “Yep. Sulli.” He responded. He turned to Sulli and laughed at her frozen expression.

 

“Kai, is… Sulli okay? She looks sick.” Yixing commented. He was the health buff among EXO, but not before Joonmyun, also fondly nicknamed Suho, of course. That guy was the only one who worries a lot for everyone.

 

Kai chuckled before answering. “She’s just a bit shocked. We did some–”

 

Acting by reflex, Sulli instantly slapped Kai’s arm, to which the latter only laughed some more. The five members left curiously looked at each other before looking at the newly born couple. They all thought that Kai was just trolling them along with the whole campus– Jongdae, nicknamed Chen, and their maknae Sehun even betted on it. Chen says it was a troll but Sehun said it was real. Seeing as how the two looks, the five members doubt if Chen will win the bet against the maknae.

 

Kai had more than enough flings to last him six lifetimes, but he was never the type to get all funny and cuddly. He was more of the y and sultry with those girls, and all of them were always hoping that they will be the one to change the notorious Kim Jongin’s crooked ways. Sadly, it weren’t them but some unknown girl who had been in their class for years but never stood out.

 

“Kai-yah, we haven’t introduced ourselves yet.” Of course, the oldest one in the group Luhan was the one with the most manners. He smiled at Sulli warmly. “Hi Sulli, I’m Lu Han, you can call me Lu ge.” He said.

 

“Yah yah hyung, that’s foul play,” Kai argued. “No oppa/gege stuff. That’s reserved for me.” He said and pouted like a kid.

 

The rest of them laughed while Sulli only blushed harder. She smiled at Luhan. Really though, I don’t get it, Luhan thought. Sulli’s not even exceptionally pretty. She has a nice smile, alright, but well… She looks pretty plain for Kai’s taste.

 

“Hey Sulli, I’m Do Kyungsoo, but just call me D.O. or Kyungsoo, whichever you want.”

 

“I’m Zhang Yixing, but my nickname’s Lay.”

 

“Hi Sulli-yah! I’m Park Chanyeol, EXO’s happy virus! Call me Yeol!”

 

“Yo. I’m Yi Fan, but do call me Kris.”

 

Sulli smiled at all of them warmly. “I’m glad to meet you all. I’m Choi Jinri, but call me Sulli.”

 

“We hope you’d be comfortable around us, Sulli,” Kyungsoo added.

 

Chanyeol nodded vigorously. “Yep. And since you’re Kai’s real girlfriend, you’re our friend too.” He chirped happily.

 

Her brows furrowed a bit. “Real girlfriend?” She parroted.

 

Chanyeol was about to answer when Kai cut him off. “Nothing my Jinnie needs to know of,” he said and turned to Sulli. He mouthed Rule 7 and 8. Sulli remembered that those rules were about them not invading each other’s privacy. She nodded.

 

“Why are you kids crowding the door?” Their teacher, Mr. Lee, asked them. The EXO boys only shrugged and went to their respective places as Sulli did the same and sat next to Gongchan.

 

She briefly saw Soojung trying to stare her down but she avoided her stare. She still doesn’t know what to tell them. She already broke several of Kai’s rules, not that she cares. The rules were made for his sole benefit and Sulli had enough of Kim Jongin for the day.

 

Sulli saw from her peripheral vision that Gongchan was scribbling on a piece of paper. He passed it on to her and she read it: Left me to deal with your mess; didn’t know what to tell so I said I didn’t know. Sorry. Will back you up later.

 

She stole a furtive glance at their teacher who was busy droning on and on before inconspicuously writing back a response. It’s ok. Glad you’re helping. Wracking my brain for explanations, can’t come up with one.

 

I thought of one, let’s talk it through on the way home. Stay at my place for a bit later, we’re fugitives. ;D

 

She snuck a glance at Gongchan and she saw him grinning, which also made her grin. “Thank you, Chan Chan,” she muttered under her breath, careful not to get caught by their teacher.

 

He tipped his head off a bit and smiled. Somehow, having Gongchan by her side gave her a breath of relief. Under their table, she felt his hand rest on top of hers for a bit and gave it a squeeze to comfort her. She smiled at nothing in particular before she tried her best to listen to the lecture.

 

Unknown to her, Kai was watching the silent exchange between the two. Since he had his hands on her love letter the other day, Kai had been silently watching Sulli and noticed her close friendship with the guy. He still wasn’t sure if it was a one-sided love for the man since Sulli likes Baekhyun, but he couldn’t really tell. Well, he conceded, at least they’re discreet.

 

--

 

Gongchan timed it well. Five minutes before the class ended, they already packed their bags cleanly. Soojung can be too aggressive at times, and they can’t talk to her without a plan. “A minute,” Gongchan whispered, glancing at his watch.

 

They silently slid their arms through their bags. When the bell rang signaling the end of their final class, the two of them stood up and sprinted out. Since Soojung knew nothing of their plan, she didn’t even notice they were gone until she looked at their desks and neither of them were around. Ugh, she pouted. Those two, really! If only I didn’t have something to do… They’re dead tomorrow!

 

Luhan and Yixing were the only ones who noticed that Sulli and another guy ran outside of their room together. They stared at each other before they turned to look at Kai. Unknown to his two members, he had also witnessed the two. Aish jinjja! And I even commended her for a job well done hiding a while ago! He shook his head while picking up his backpack. She’s a noob, a noob.

 

Luhan and Yixing thought that Kai was looking serious because of Sulli’s scene. The two walked over to where he was sitting and nudged him. “Yah, who’s that kid?” Luhan asked.

 

“Why are you guys asking me? I don’t know much people around here,” Kai tried to dodge, but Lay was already there to save it.

 

“That kid who ran out with Sulli.”

 

Kai was tempted to say that he didn’t care because he actually didn’t, beside the fact that he absolutely cannot say that. Choi Sulli is his girlfriend, and he is supposed to get jealous and care for her welfare. He tried to wrack his brain to remember how his flings got jealous of one another, and it all seemed pathetic to him. “He’s Sulli’s friend.”

 

“Friend, huh?” Luhan crossed his arms and stared at Jongin. “Interesting fella.”

 

God my acting’s crappy and Luhan hyung’s gonna notice any minute now!!! Kai desperately thought. “I’ll get going.” He said in his fake deep, angry voice and even kicked a chair on his way out for an added effect. When he finally got outside of the classroom, he sprinted out of the gate to be freed. It’s so tiring to have a girlfriend.

 

“O, what’s with Kai?” Kris asked.

 

“Nothing,” Yixing dismissed as he walked towards the door. “He’s just jealous. Bye.” After that, he was gone.

 

Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Kris looked at one another for a full minute before they exploded in laughter. “Oh my god oh my god, our baby Jonginnie is jeal– oh my.” Chanyeol couldn’t even bring himself to say the word to pertain about Kai. Kai can be everything, mostly an and a jerk, but never jealous.

 

“What are you dorks laughing about, of course he got a girlfriend.” Luhan muttered before following Yixing out. Laughter erupted again as Luhan’s words sank in.

 

“Jesus, looks like baby Jonginnie did get a girlfriend,” Kris commented just when the rest of EXO came in. Chen was wide-eyed while Sehun looked triumphant.

 

“Goodness, so that Jongin really has a girlfriend?!” Chen exclaimed.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, still laughing. “He was even jealousssss~” He teased and almost keeled over with too much laughter.

 

The rest of EXO joined in the fun while Chen groaned and Sehun smirked. The latter opened his hand in front of his hyung. “Now, now, hyung, be a good sport. Pay up.”

 

“I shouldn’t have gone against you.” Chen grunted before handing Sehun the key to a new Porsche sitting on the former’s garage. It was imported directly from Germany and only came to Korea the preceding week.

 

When Sehun felt the cold key pressed up against his palm, he only snorted at his hyung’s misery. He patted his back. “It’s okay hyung, there are a thousand cars in the world.” He said before going with the other EXO members.

 

Hearing the makne’s words, Chen nodded. He shrugged. Sehun was right. There were a thousand cars in the world. Well, technically, there were millions, but there were only thousands which are fit for a rich chaebol’s son.

 

Chen grabbed his phone and dialed a number. “Yes, Mr. Kim?” The other line answered.

 

“Contact Mr. Martin Winterkorn directly,” he commanded, pertaining to the Porsche Automobil Holdings’ CEO and President, “I need a new car.”

 

“Certainly, Mr. Kim,” came the answer and Chen ended the call. In their worlds, people lower than them can’t ask how or why or what. The only thing they do is to get the job done for their bosses. After all, no matter how mundane and childish their games may be…

 

They’re still EXO, sons of rich chaebol’s who come from old money.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another update, yayyyy!~~ Keke aren't I jjang? ;)) Lol ;P Comments? ^^ Talk to me~~! Chenchen's so cool! @_@