{ 11 }

Broken Rules

{ 11 }

 

Sulli entered the cafeteria shortly after Kai stepped in. Eyes followed her as she begrudgingly stepped towards her friends’ table. She could feel the tension from ten meters away, and she wondered how much more intense it would feel later.

 

“Hey Ssul,” Gongchan was the only one who seemed cheerful enough to greet Sulli. Sandeul, Baro, and Soojung only spared her a glance while CNU was a bit nicer by nodding his head into her. To her utmost surprise, Jinyoung was the second nicest by smiling to her as a greeting.

 

She slid on a chair next to Gongchan. “Pabo, why didn’t you buy food?” Gongchan scolded.

 

Sulli offered him an awkward smile, “Ahh, I ate quite a lot in breakfast,” she lied. Seeing the unsatisfied look in Gongchan’s face, she knows that he didn’t buy her pathetic lie but he let it go.

 

Jinyoung pushed a drink in front of her. Sulli looked at him in surprise. “Drink it. You look dehydrated, kitten,” he said and offered another kind smile. For the first time in quite a while, Sulli didn’t feel irritated when he called her ‘kitten.’

 

She allowed a small smile take over her face. “Thank you.”

 

The tension in the air was still so thick that someone can just cut it with a knife. Gongchan and Jinyoung were the ones who tried to lighten the mood by cracking lame jokes and finding a safe topic, but the rest of the people on the table unceremoniously blew their attempts off. Lunch time’s almost ending but none of Soojung, Baro, Sandeul and CNU ever said a word.

 

The bell rang and just as Sulli predicted, they almost ran out of the cafeteria. Only her, along with Gongchan and Jinyoung were left. Jinyoung lightly clapped her shoulders and offered her a supportive smile before leaving.

 

Sulli sighed heavily. “I’m sorry,” she apologized.

 

Gongchan smacked her head. “Silly, why are you apologizing?”

 

She looked at him. “I made it awkward.”

 

He scratched his head and smiled sheepishly. “Well, it’s by far one of the most awkward lunches I’ve had the misfortune of attending, but it’s okay. There’s a first time for everything.” He ruffled her hair. “It’ll be alright, Ssul-ah.”

 

Sulli returned his kind smile. They were about to leave when Kai blocked their way. He roughly grabbed her arm before looking at Gongchan with a smile. However, his smile creeps Sulli out. “Hey, dude, can you look up the words ‘friend’ and ‘boyfriend’ in the dictionary?” He smirked. “I’m sure there are a million differences.” He then dragged Sulli out of the cafeteria, much to the surprise of Gongchan and to the amusement of the other EXO boys.

 

“How long do you think they’ll last?” Minseok asked when Gongchan left the cafeteria in confusion.

 

Various days or weeks were spouted from the members, but Baekhyun remained silent. I remember that girl, he thought. She’s the one who talked to me in the hospital, and judging from her actions then, she likes me. His eyes lingered at the cafeteria door where Kai and Sulli went out. But she’s Kai’s girlfriend? And not only that–

 

“Hey, Baek,” Chanyeol called out. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” he answered. “I was just thinking about how weird it was that Kai’s tied down with a girl.”

 

Tao, the one standing close to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, laughed. “I’m thinking about that too, Baekhyun ge.” He added. “It’s so unlike our baby Jonginnie.”

 

Yixing came to Kai’s defense, and soon enough, Minseok’s question was forgotten, replaced by the debate about Kai’s relationship. Baekhyun only sighed and was about to walk out when Chanyeol stopped him. “Really, Baek, is it about that?” He cautiously questioned.

 

Baekhyun’s gaze turned steely. “Yeol, please.”

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Baek, it might be hard to accept, but it’s not like we have to hang out with them. Just… think it’s for Kai.” The younger man stared. “Kai never commits, but look now, Sulli managed to make him.”

 

Baekhyun sighed heavily. “I’ll try, Yeol.” He answered and walked out.

 

--

 

“Jesus Kai, what the heck’s your problem?!” Sulli exclaimed as Kai continued to drag her around. His face was grim, but Sulli has a million things left on her plate other than thinking about Kai. In the first place, she snorted, this is all his fault. If he didn’t blackmail me…

 

They were in the abandoned dance room. She was sure that classes were already starting. She forcefully jerked her arm away from Kai’s grasp. “KIM JONGIN!” She yelled, irritated.

 

Kai turned to her, and she was surprised to see irritation in his eyes. He ran his hand across his hair in frustration. “Choi Jinri, can you at least be discreet about your secret?!”

 

Sulli furrowed her brows in confusion. “Sec…ret?”

 

“You and your best friend, Choi! Didn’t I warn you already?! I don’t want anyone else to know about our deal!” He scolded.

 

Sulli bit her lip to stop herself from saying that Gongchan knows everything about them. She doesn’t want to lie, but she had to accept that she’s now playing with Kim Jongin by broken rules. “I’m sorry,” she said instead, avoiding Kai’s eyes.

 

“Just…” He sighed. “Just hold yourself back, at least here at school or in any public places. I don’t want anyone to suspect that we’re not real, Sulli.” He sternly reminded.

 

“Of course.”

 

Rather than going out, Kai then proceeded to sit down on the dance room’s floor. Sulli’s eyes widened. “Yah, aren’t we going back to class?”

 

“Pabo, we’re late already.” He told her before giving her a sideway glance. He lay down on the dance room’s floor and Sulli wrinkled her nose as he opened the first two buttons of his polo.

 

She swallowed before speaking. “Isn’t this place dusty?” She asked.

 

“I have it cleaned everyday, pabo.” He answered.

 

“YAH! Call me Sulli! I’m not pabo, you pabo!” She yelled.

 

Kai didn’t reply anymore, he only covered his eyes with his one arm. Sulli stood there for about five minutes before talking. “Yah, Kai. Kim Jongin!” She said, but there was no response. She gingerly sat an arm away from him, just enough distance for her to poke him with her index finger.

 

She was about to poke his arm again when Kai grabbed her hand. Sulli let out a yelp of surprise before glaring at Kai who now removed his arm across his eyes and looking at her. “What was that for?!”

 

“Come here.” He said and motioned for her to go near him.

 

She narrowed her eyes. “Don’t do anything stupid, pabo.”

 

Kai let out a hearty laugh. “Yah, do you really think I’d do anything at you?” He smirked. “In your dreams, Choi, in your dreams.”

 

Sulli was tempted to throw her shoe at Kai but she held herself. “Pabo, Baekhyun’s the one in my dreams!” She shot back.

 

He didn’t answer, instead, he motioned for Sulli to sit near him, and she complied to stop all arguments. Even she felt so drained even though it was only afternoon. All the tension from her friends’ table was taking its toll on her, and it wasn’t beautiful. She closed her eyes to relax herself a little when suddenly, a warm cloth was draped on her lap, and then a head following it.

 

She saw that Kai’s blazer was on top of her lap and his head resting on top of it. His arm was now back to its original position, and Sulli can’t help but to feel nervous. She had been engaged in skinship with her other friends, but it was different, because unlike Kai, they were far from strangers. However, Kai was a different story altogether. She merely knew his name, and now he’s her boyfriend.

 

Unknowingly, Sulli’s fingers moved to its own accord. Her hand started running through the locks of Kai’s brownish-black hair, like the way he did a while ago. He let out a low sound, and that woke her up. She instantly removed her hands from his hair, her face feeling hot. YAH CHOI JINRI! YOU’RE REALLY PABO, NEH?! What do you think you’re doing?! And with Kai’s hair?!

 

“Yah, why did you stop?” He asked after a minute.

 

“Hu– huh?”

 

“Pabo, don’t stop.”

 

“Why?”

 

“It feels relaxing.” He answered.

 

Sulli tentatively placed her fingers back on Kai’s hair, and soon enough, she was even enjoying herself running her hand through his soft hair. Unknown to her, there was a smile ghosting through Kai’s lips, and he didn’t bother stopping himself.

 

Maybe having a girlfriend’s not that bad.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: KYAAAAAAAAAAH!~~ Omona I just really think this is cute when I visualize it Y.Y

Comments juseyo? ;)) More fluff will come soon that I'm gonna die lol! XDD