{ 12 }

Broken Rules

{ 12 }

 

Sulli was startled when the bell rang. She didn’t even notice that she was already sleeping while she was seated, her hands still on Kai’s head. However, Kai didn’t seem to budge. Even though Sulli had yelped, his head was still placed firmly on her lap.

 

She yawned and stretched her arms. She poked him again. “Yah, Kai. The bell rang already, let’s go.” She said, but it seemed like he didn’t hear her.

 

She then started messing his hair to wake him. “YAH Jongin!” She yelled and that was the only time when he grunted and groaned. He removed his arm on top of his eyes and cutely rubbed his eyes. Sulli looked fixated as she took in his appearance. His messy hair, his plump lips, and his bronze skin… Damn you Sulli, shut up!!!

 

“Is it bell already?” He asked in a deep tone, his voice thick with sleep. “Yah Jinnie?!”

 

“NEH?!” She exclaimed, startled. “Oh, yeah. It is. Let’s go now.” She stood up, grabbing Kai’s blazer which was draped on her lap. The two of them lazily made their way out of the abandoned dance room, and he locked the door behind them.

 

He lazily slung his arm over her shoulders again and leaned his head closed to hers. Sulli’s heart was thumping wildly against her chest, as if wanting to jump out. She elbowed Kai. “Ya– yah. What are you doing?”

 

“Sshhh.” He whispered. “I’m still sleepy.”

 

She forced herself to stay still as the two of them walk even though her heart was on overdrive. When they were crossing across the field, she noticed that a lot more people were obviously gossiping about them.

 

“Omona, look at those two!”

“Whoa, it was really true…”

“I can’t believe it! Was that the reason why they were absent?!”

“Kim Jongin with that… whatever?!”

 

Sulli bit her lip. She’s getting pissed off every moment, but she heard Kai whisper into her. “Don’t bother. I’ll take care of it.”

 

She curiously glanced at him. “What?”

 

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

 

She narrowed her eyes at him. “Kai, don’t do anything stupid.”

 

Kai merely smirked at her. “C’mon, there’s our classroom, pabo.” He replied and held her closer as they made their way towards the classroom.

 

When they got inside the classroom, the teacher just left. Kai kissed her again on the cheek and she slapped his arm while the rest of the room gasped. She proceeded to sit next to Gongchan, who also looked flabbergasted.

 

“This is all fake, right?” Gongchan whispered to her when she settled next to him.

 

She looked at him curiously. “Huh? Of course. Why?”

 

“Ssul, do you know how suggestive you guys looked?” He hissed under his breath. Sulli glanced at Kai in confusion, who was just smirking. That was when she realized it.

 

Kai’s messy hair… His two open buttons… How close they were a while ago… And Sulli holding his blazer… “ANDWAE!!!” She stood up and yelled, eyes widened.

 

“Miss Choi, please settle down.” Their teacher for the next period scolded her, and she begrudgingly dragged herself to sit down on her chair as she glared at Kim Kai. You are the worst human to exist on earth, Kim Kai, she thought, wanting to scratch the smirk out of Kai’s smug face.

 

--

 

“Kai-yah, why did you skip classes?” Kyungsoo asked Kai as he slid into a seat after he kissed Sulli’s cheek.

 

“Nothing, hyung,” he dodged. He’s not really in the mood to tell his hyung-deul about his and Sulli’s little escapade on the abandoned dance room. What she did was nice, he thought. It was really relaxing.

 

“Yah Kyungsoo, is that even appropriate to ask?!” Kris scolded. “Just take a look at baby Jonginnie’s appearance and you’ll know,” the older said with a malicious smirk pasted on his face.

 

Kai scrunched up his face in disgust. “Hyung, don’t call me that horrible nickname! I’m Kai!”

 

Kris barely shrugged. “Anyway, you should invite Sulli. Sehun’s throwing a party.”

 

Luhan raised his brows. “And why is he throwing a party?”

 

“They betted about Kai’s relationship with Sulli and maknae won.” Yixing explained.

 

“Oh, so that’s where Sehun got his new wheels?” Chanyeol clucked his tongue to the roof of his mouth. “Damn, that’s a good one. I should’ve participated.”

 

Kai could only shake his head as he listened to s’ conversations. “Anyway, don’t forget to invite Sulli, okay?” Kris reminded again before settling into his seat. The other members followed his lead and went to their own places too. Kai’s eyes wandered to Sulli and saw that she was talking to her best friend– whom Kai still doesn’t know.

 

Just then, her eyes met his, and he pasted a smirk on his face. She suddenly stood up, her eyes widened, “ANDWAE!!!” She shouted.

 

The teacher arrived in time to tell her to settle down. Kai bit back his bubbling laughter. I wonder what that pabo’s thinking about.

 

--

 

“Ssul-ah, do you want me to invite them to our place so you guys could talk?” Gongchan offered Sulli as the two get ready to leave class.

 

Sulli was about to answer when she saw Kai calling her over. She sent Gongchan an apologetic smile before scowling at her boyfriend. “What now?”

 

Kai didn’t answer, instead, he tossed his iPhone on Sulli’s hands. Fortunately, she was able to catch it. “YAH! What were you thinking, Kim?!”

 

“Number, Choi.” He answered.

 

She snorted as she punched in her phone number to his phone. She sulkily handed it to him. “Done?”

 

“Nah-uh.” He answered, aware of s’ discreet looks at them. Kai leaned closer to Sulli. “You need to go with us later so you could meet the other half of EXO.”

 

She blushed as she thought of Baekhyun, but the happy thought was taken away from her when Kai interrupted. “Sorry to burst your bubble, but you’d be spending the whole night glued next to me and not to Baekhyun hyung.” He nonchalantly stated. “Besides, remember the rules, Choi. You break your word and I’ll break my promise.”

 

Sulli wanted to scowl when Kai beat her to it. “And for Christ’s sake, stop scowling, Jinri.”

 

She faked a saccharinely sweet smile at him. “Then why don’t you stop being an , Jongin?”

 

He huffed but he didn’t say a word. “Change your clothes. I’ll pick you up at your place by 6.” He was about to turn away when he remembered that he was actually Sulli’s boyfriend, and no boyfriend just turns his back on his girlfriend. He faked a smile and kissed her cheeks again. “Bye, Jinnie. See you later.” He said before walking away without looking back.

 

Pabo, pabo, pabo! Sulli thought as she grabbed her bag.

 

“What’s up with you and hubby?” Gongchan teased. “You seem out of it again.”

 

“Kai’s just piling up my problems, I swear,” she replied. “He’s the reason why all of these unlucky stuffs are happening to my life.”

 

“It’s technically your fault, Ssul, since you’re the one who wrote and lost the love letter, and whoa now, you’re in nickname-basis now with Kim Jongin, huh?” He shot back.

 

Sulli hit his arms. “I should’ve expected this kind of answer.” She muttered and sighed.

 

Gongchan twined his arm with Sulli’s, acting cute. “You know you love me best, Ssul-ah~” He cooed as they walk through the hallway, not knowing a pair of eyes observing them.

 

She laughed wholeheartedly. “Neh, neh, arasso.”

 

For someone in love with her boyfriend, this girl seemed incredibly touchy to other guys, Baekhyun thought to himself. Ahh damn! Why am I even concerning myself with this ? He then stormed off to the other side of the hallway, hoping that the other exit door was open.

 

He was halfway through the journey when he realized what he did.

 

Why was I avoiding them?!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Baekhyun's first appearance lol XD Sorry if it's brief! I guarantee you'd be seeing more of him on the following chapters (okay, I take it back since my Kailli heart might win kekeke).

Shoutouts to the upvoters Chiboe, hanaplor, taeminie12, Krystynah, mega7x, krija10, kimzea, southsunset94 and korinna26! Here's cutie Sulli for y'al!~~

Comments juseyo? ^^

P.S. A hint for the next chapter: a new side of Kai =))))))