{ 02 }

Broken Rules

{ 02 }

 

The bell for lunch rang and Gongchan lunged at Sulli. “Yah, you kitten!!!”

 

Sulli only laughed at his misfortune before slinging her arm over his shoulders. “Arasso, I’ll pay for the drinks today without the kai bai bo, Chanshik-ah.” She cooed.

 

“AISH!” Gongchan howled before he shrugged off her arms. The two of them made their way towards the cafeteria while he was still dwelling with his detention later. Even thinking about it makes him want to run away. He only hoped that the teacher assigned for detention later won’t be the PE teacher, Mr. Horvejkul, or else he’s done.

 

When they got there, they saw Soojung, Sandeul, Baro and Jinyoung on one of the tables. As usual, Sandeul’s still hell-bent on humiliating her. “HEY KITTY! COME HERE!” He shouted, making everyone else stare at him. Sulli was tempted to send him a flying kick, but surely, Sandeul would just avoid it.

 

The two bought their lunch and walked over to the table. She was about to buy their drinks when she noticed that there were six drinks on the table. Jinyoung noticed her staring, and he explained. “Well, your Jinyoung oppa already bought everyone drinks.” He smirked.

 

She shrugged her shoulders before opening her drink. She started to eat when Jinyoung nudged her. “Yah, won’t you even thank your Jinyoung oppa?!”

 

She grimaced at him. “Thanks, JINYOUNG.” She said before she went back to her food.

 

“Aigoo oppa, stop messing with Sulli. You had your chance and you blew it~” Soojung said in a sing-song voice.

 

“I’m trying to get it back.” Jinyoung smugly said. “I know I’m still number one in my kitten’s heart.” He added and winked at Soojung before eating.

 

She faked a gag before glaring at the pompous Jung Jinyoung. “First of all, Byun Baekhyun has my heart. Second, I love Gongchan the most because he’s my super duper best-est friend. Third, you should shut up Jinyoung.”

 

Everyone on the table laughed except Jinyoung who sported a scowl on his face. Gongchan and Sulli high-fived before laughing at Jinyoung’s crestfallen face.

 

Suddenly, the cafeteria grew hushed. They looked at the people entering and saw that it was EXO. Sulli hungrily searched the crowd for Baekhyun but she was disappointed. Soojung was right, Baekhyun’s absent. She was hoping that he was only late, actually. She doesn’t know if she will still have the bravery to confess tomorrow.

 

The eleven guys took their seats on the center of the cafeteria. They were talking, and the other students carefully took that as a sign that they could talk too. In their school, EXO aren’t bullies. Students are just clever enough to stay out of their way. There’s a hushed gossip that their parents are affiliates of the Kwon Group of Companies who runs the school. So it goes without saying that if you cross with one of them, you’re as good as dead.

 

Well, not literally of course! Your social circle will die and there’s a chance that you’d get expelled from school. Worse, even your family might suffer, so it’s a million times better to stay out of EXO’s way.

 

Even the air got tensed in Sulli’s table. Soojung was the one who broke the ice. “Didn’t I tell you already, Sulli? Your Baekhyun’s absent!”

 

“Tch.” She answered. “I was really hoping to see him today.”

 

“Choi Sulli, who needs Byun Baekhyun when you have Jung Jinyoung?” Jinyoung butted in, apparently not having enough of Sulli’s teases.

 

“Well, I could really write a list on that one, but I’d leave it to you to figure out.” She answered coolly.

 

Gongchan turned to her. “Sulli-yah, did you finish typing your assignment for later?” He asked.

 

Sulli’s eyes widened. “Omo, omo, I gotta go!” She stuffed her face with one big bite of food before she gathered her things and slung her backpack on her shoulder. She ran towards the library to type her essay, not hearing Gongchan’s reminder that her backpack was open.

 

“Aigoo, aigoo, Choi Jinri,” she mumbled while she was waiting for her turn. She was cussing inside her mind wildly because all the computers are occupied and she has to wait for twenty more minutes before she gets to occupy one, and that twenty minutes will be the end of lunch period. She’s already looking forward to being late, and she doesn’t want to join Gongchan on detention today. She heard from Ms. Ahn– another teacher– that Mr. Horvejkul’s the one facilitating the detention, and as much as she loves seeing her eye-candy teacher, she doesn’t really want to run ten laps.

 

She tapped her foot impatiently. Seventeen minutes left… She thought to herself. Jesus, why does every minute feel like it’s a frigging hour?!

 

“Oh, hey look who’s here!” A voice rang out through the whole library. Sulli heard the librarian’s stern voice. “Mr. Kim, silence!”

 

Rather than apologizing, the guy behind Sulli only laughed, completely brushing off the librarian. The librarian was the one who backed out. Sulli turned her head and was surprised to see Kim Jongin, one of EXO members.

 

“You’re from our class, right? Choi Jinri?” He asked. Sulli looked around before staring at Jongin and pointing at herself.

 

“Yes, miss, I’m talking to you.” Jongin said and laughed. “Are there any other Choi Jinris in this place?”

 

She shyly nodded her head. “Yeah, I’m the Choi Jinri in your class, but I’m called Sulli.” She answered.

 

He looked at the long line in front of her. “You’re typing something?”

 

“Yes, for homework.” She replied.

 

“Oh, c’mon then.” He said, cutting on the line. The other students were about to protest when they saw who Sulli was with. Jongin’s presence shut them up.

 

Sulli was confused why Jongin was helping her. After all, they’ve gone to school for years but the man never acknowledged her, until right now. “I need a computer.” Jongin told the teacher in charge.

 

“Mr. Kim, we don’t have a vacancy–” She was about to reason out when Jongin’s voice shifted. “And what am I supposed to do?” He said, cutting her off.

 

The teacher looked disoriented, but she finally acquiesced. “You can use this main computer, Mr. Kim.” She responded before getting off the chair behind her desk and offering it to Jongin.

 

Jongin looked at her and pointed the chair. “You should hasten up.” After that, he left all of them hanging.