{ 18 }

Broken Rules

{ 18 }

 

Sulli was doing her best to teach Kai, but the latter wasn’t even paying attention. She huffed angrily before hitting him with one of her pillows. “Yah!” He reacted as he grabbed ahold of the pillow to stop her from hitting him. “What is it again?!”

 

“You’re not even listening!” She yelled.

 

“Who said anything about listening?” Kai replied scornfully. He lay on her bed, his legs dangling as he hugged the pillow and closed his eyes. “Give me a few, my head’s aching…” He mumbled.

 

Sulli could only sigh. She doesn’t think that Kai’s dumb. He never fails final exams. He was just too lazy for his own good. She shook her head and moved their books and papers out of the way.

 

She went downstairs to drink a glass of water. Things are starting to complicate, she thought to herself. What if Baekhyun knows I’m living with that pabo? Just what will he think of me? She inwardly shook her head at the slimming chances of getting together with Baekhyun. He was one of the reasons why Sulli went along with the plan, but the little lie was gradually getting bigger and bigger. She was afraid that one day, the lie won’t be too easy to get away from, especially because Kai’s not just an ordinary guy at school. He’s hot and rich, and he’s a part of EXO.

 

AISHHHHHH! She screamed inside her mind. She took a few deep breaths before going upstairs to teach Kai again. It’s getting late but they still haven’t finished their assignments. Sulli focused on teaching him before doing it, thinking that it would be the better way since he will be able to answer all the questions by himself if he knows how to do it.

 

Too bad, when she went back to her room, Kai’s breathing was steady. His chest was heaving up and down while he was hugging the pillow, and Sulli couldn’t help but think how adorable and angel-like Kai looks like right now.

 

YAH CHOI SULLI! She reprimanded herself. She slapped her cheeks lightly before trying to wake him up. After a series of poking, he only stirred and turned the other way. “Tss,” she hissed. “He only closed his eyes for a moment and now he’s asleep?!” She shook her head as she eyed the undone assignments stacked next to him on the bed.

 

She scooped their books and other school things up on her arm before settling it on her study table. She finished answering her assignments before putting her things back on her backpack. She eyed Kai’s stuffs before sighing and answering his assignment too. She glared at his sleeping figure. You owe me this, pabo, she thought scornfully. After finishing his, she decided to place his things back on his backpack.

 

She then proceeded dragging Kai’s body upward on the bed. He only groaned as she was doing it, but he remained asleep. She tried removing the pillow he was hugging gently, but his grip on it only becomes tighter whenever she tries to pull. She wanted to get the pillow since she knows that he will suffer from ache if his head is not elevated, but she’s starting to get annoyed.

 

Sulli frowned before getting on her knees on top of the bed, next to Kai. She placed her whole strength on pulling the pillow from his grasp, and thankfully, she succeeded. She smirked at the sleeping frame of Kai. “Mehrong, loser.” She said crazily even though she knows he can’t hear her.

 

She was about to place his head on top of the pillow when his arms suddenly grabbed her. She was shocked as he tucked her head under his chin before hugging her like what he did on the pillow. She tried flailing, but her efforts were futile since his grip on her only tightened.

 

Her heart was pounding heavily as she smelled Kai’s scent. It was something she had never smelled before. It was so… Kai, she thought to herself. It had been a moment before she caught herself. Sulli, what the heck are you thinking?!

 

She wasn’t sure how long she was awake, sandwiched between his chest and his arms. However, she was sure that the dawn was already approaching when she managed to settle peacefully to sleep.

 

--

 

“Sulli?! YAH CHOI SULLI!” Gongchan pounded on the doorbell over and over again, hoping to see his best friend running. It had been ten minutes since he started ringing the doorbell, but no one was answering. He also tried her phone but it was only ringing. He was starting to feel worried about her.

 

After another minute of continuously pushing the doorbell, he decided to just use the key which Sulli gave him. He quickly ran inside the house and sprinted upstairs, towards her room. He was hoping that she only slept late, and nothing bad happened to her. It was so unlike Sulli to be late like this. Among their circle of friends, Soojung’s the only one who’s prone to being late. That only started on middle school though, and at first they thought it was weird, but they got used to it. Apparently, she always sleeps late.

 

He slammed the door open, and his jaw hung low at what he saw. He was expecting to see a sleeping Choi Sulli, mouth parted while occupying the whole bed with her frame, but this?! He was definitely unprepared.

 

Kim Jongin’s arms were draped on Sulli’s body. His chin was resting on her head as she used his arm for a pillow. Her face was buried on his chest, and Gongchan couldn’t believe it. He was rooted to his spot for a moment before getting back to his senses. He pulled Sulli away from Jongin mercilessly, leaving the both of them dazed at the sudden interference.

 

“CHOI SULLI!” Gongchan yelled. “You’re both going to be late!” He said as he shoved her towards the bathroom. Sulli, who was still disoriented and had black bags under her eyes, could only submit to Gongchan’s sudden pushing.

 

“There’s another bathroom down the hall.” He coldly told Jongin who was sitting up on the bed while rubbing his eyes. “Wash there. You don’t need to hurry though, I’ll take Ssul to school.”

 

Jongin opened his eyes and stared at Gongchan. Somehow, he was feeling pissed off because the guy was trying to call the shots on Sulli. Damn it, this guy’s not bad, he thought. Does he like my Jinnie? He asked possessively. His eyes slightly widened at the claim. DAMN YOU KAI WHAT ‘MY’ JINNIE?!

 

“No thanks, you could go. I’ll take my girlfriend to school.” He answered, still feeling irritated at Gongchan’s presence. He saw how Gongchan stood inside the room, as if he was used to its every nook and cranny. Kai couldn’t think of a reason, but he was feeling extremely bothered with the thought that Gongchan spent a lot of time inside her room, with Sulli in it.

 

Gongchan looked at him for a moment before shrugging his shoulders. “Sure. Just make sure she eats breakfast, she doesn’t feel good when she doesn’t.” He reminded before going out the door, missing the murderous look on Kai’s face.

 

He was slowly trudging out of the house, thinking. He glanced at the door before walking away. Is this still a part of an act? He asked himself reluctantly.

 

But damn, no one’s even watching them. It’s not like the walls talked.

 

--

 

After showering and putting on his uniform, Kai went downstairs and saw Sulli spreading jam on a piece of bread. When she turned and saw him, her cheeks instantly pinked, much to his amusement. He intentionally stood close to her as he got his own food. She instinctively stepped away.

 

“What’s up with you?” He asked curiously. He was only testing if she was indeed feeling shy because they shared a bed, but… was it really a big deal? When he did it with other girls, it didn’t seem so. And mind you, they didn’t just sleep…

 

“NOTHING!” She replied a tad too fast before avoiding his eyes. “Let’s go to school.” She muttered before grabbing her backpack. She was about to exit the kitchen when he blocked her way. “Yah, Kim Jongin.” She warned lamely, but she was still avoiding him.

 

“Really though, what is it? Is sleeping on the same bed that big of a deal?” He asked, smirking.

 

Her cheeks were now red as she shoved him away. “YAH WE DIDN’T JUST SLEEP!!!” She yelled.

 

His eyes widened. “Wha– what?” He stuttered in disbelief. Did we do anything? But why can’t I remember? I’m not even intoxicated… “What did you say?”

 

All Sulli wanted was to escape Kai’s scrutiny. She was about to run when he caught her sleeves. “Did we do anything?”

 

“You… you… you hugged me!” She accusingly said, glaring at Kai who was stupefied for a moment before laughing. He was even clutching his stomach hard. Sulli, who was irritated at how lightly he was taking it, smacked his head with her backpack. “YAH!!!”

 

It took a moment for him to calm himself, but she could tell that he was still on the verge of laughing. “C’mon Jinnie, it’s just a hug. I just have that tendency when I sleep.”

 

“So you always hug people to sleep?”

 

“God no! I always have pillows at night– wait.” His eyes bore into hers, making her feel uncomfortable. “I was hugging a pillow last night, right? Before I lay down.”

 

She avoided his look once again before grabbing a toast and shoving it in his mouth. “Shut up and let’s go to school. We’re gonna be late. I still need to talk to Chan Chan.” She nonchalantly said as she walked past him. This time though, he didn’t block her. Hearing her call Gongchan a term of endearment on his face doesn’t really sit well with him. He quietly picked up his bag and blazer before following her outside.

 

They rode his motorbike to school in silence. Sulli, who was not used to Kai’s quietness, was curious as to why he was suddenly in a bad mood when he was just teasing her a while ago, but she held her questions in because she was still a little angry at him for making fun of her innocence. She knows that Kai’s not entirely innocent with girls, and he had his own fair share of girls– maybe he’s still having his fair share, she thought scornfully.

 

They reached the school without talking. Both of them looked irritated, and people were also surprised to see that they weren’t holding hands or Kai’s arm was slung over her arms. They had been so used with the couple’s skinship that the only conclusion they came up with is that Kai and Sulli were having a Lover’s Quarrel.

 

Sulli got inside the classroom first, not bothering with Kai who was trudging behind her. She went straight to her seat, and Kai didn’t even try stopping her for their routine kiss on the cheeks. He even felt more irritated seeing Gongchan’s face for the second time that morning, talking to Sulli. He was even more enraged when he saw her conversing with him.

 

He grumpily sat on his chair behind Kris. He didn’t even bother kicking the chair because he knows that Kris will only get mad again. He remained quiet even though the other members of EXO were crowded next to him, talking about a new gimmick. He did his best not to crane his neck to get a glimpse of Sulli and Gongchan, but he wasn’t able to stop himself. When he saw them, they were already laughing, as if Sulli’s anger was vanished. He didn’t notice that he was already clenching his fist if only Chanyeol didn’t tap his shoulder. “Hey, what’s with you, Kai? You look ready to pounce on someone.”

 

“Yeah, and that someone is Sulli’s friend~” Kyungsoo answered in a sing-song voice. “He had been staring at them for a few minutes now.”

 

“I’m not!” He tried to deny vehemently, but his words had fallen on deaf ears.

 

“Did you two fight?” Yixing asked. “You guys haven’t engaged in skinship today.”

 

“Yeah, and they both looked angry when they came in.” Luhan added. He looked over to where Sulli and Gongchan were sitting, and then he smirked at Kai. “But look now, Sulli looks like she’s having fun.”

 

Kai’s teeth gritted in annoyance as he watched Sulli and Gongchan along with his other friends. They were of no help either, since they were just fueling Kai’s rage. For them, it was only their second time seeing him jealous, and it seemed a lot more serious than the first one. He looked more nonchalant on the first time it happened, but now? All of them can see the huge difference.

 

However, Kai was having an internal battle with himself. He was curious as to why he was behaving like this now, seeing her looking chummy with another guy. His head was blasting code red, but he ignored it. He wanted to know why things were different now, why he doesn’t even feel like he’s acting anymore.

 

He wanted the truth…

 

…but somehow it’s scaring him.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N: FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF Lol. XD

Thank you janny_soneExotic for upvoting! <3

Comments juseyo?